Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
England on Tuesday
80% Vaccination
26628 cases
185 deaths
Health system about to collapse
This is the model the hag is following
Some very lazy, and somewhat inaccurate application of statistics, but that death rate per case is what, 0.7%.

Vs 1500 deaths a day in January 2021 and 56,000 cases a day. 2.7% death rate.

We too, will see another rise in cases over the next maybe 12 months, In my opinion, when we open things up again, there’s bound to be more transmission amongst vaccinated and non vaccinated. The idea of the the vaccination is that it can prevent developing covid, but the main benefit is that if you do develop COVID, the symptoms will not be as life threatening or hospital admission worthy.

Unfortunately, it seems like something we must learn to live with for the next few years, and like other deadly diseases, we will eventually develop methods and some level of immunity from it and “normal” life resumes.

Singapore adopted excellent infection control and public awareness from their SARS outbreak which shaped their healthcare system and the benefits of learning from that experience shaped how they approached this.

Australians seem to have a natural defiance to authority. Restrictions come out, the first thing people do is try to find a loophole or a way to flout the rules or just break them entirely.
There’s still people having birthday parties and events in “lockdown” suburbs of Sydney.

The Australian methods sole aim has been to save lives and try to protect our healthcare system. Which is has done pretty effectively until now. We now see a shift in our approach to vaccinate the population and reduce the effects as much as we can as we return to normal operation.

The alternative approach, no lockdowns, we end up with people dying in the corridors of our hospitals or streets cause the hospitals will be overrun.
Maybe we reach “normal” quicker, but there will be a hell of a lot more deaths. Don’t get me wrong, the communication and implementation of things by the government has been very questionable at times, but I personally can’t fault their logic to this point.