Thread: TV / Projector / Home theatre..

TV / Projector / Home theatre..

I know this is going to seem a little obscure thread to create.. (REAL bored at work)

My roommate and I used to have a 52" something-or-other that died from salt corrosion (downside of living at the beach and leaving the sliding doors open all the time, lesson learnt)..
    I've been "borrowing" an Hitachi CP-RX82 projector from work on weekends which kicks ass to play movies/sports - Predator was immense on it, and so is watching the UFC/Footers - although the only downside to the projector is that its pretty crabby/hard to watch during the day..

I guess I'm just wondering what people have got at home, what they recommend, if there are any tech-heads that can give me any advice on where/what to purchase, etc..

whirpool for this, they know everything

Actually I would suggest dtvforum.info
    More specific to home theatre
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I know this is going to seem a little obscure thread to create.. (REAL bored at work)

My roommate and I used to have a 52" something-or-other that died from salt corrosion (downside of living at the beach and leaving the sliding doors open all the time, lesson learnt)..
    I've been "borrowing" an Hitachi CP-RX82 projector from work on weekends which kicks ass to play movies/sports - Predator was immense on it, and so is watching the UFC/Footers - although the only downside to the projector is that its pretty crabby/hard to watch during the day..

I guess I'm just wondering what people have got at home, what they recommend, if there are any tech-heads that can give me any advice on where/what to purchase, etc..
    Was doing the same for a while. Only suggestion RE daytime is to get some thicker curtains.

I have an lg 47inch 3d led hooked upto a 7.2 sony home theatre will post a pic when I get home

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    whirpool for this, they know everything
    Hahahahaha.. Interesting that you mention Whirlpool..
    My roommate has been trolling on that forum for a while now (well, he was, has been banned AGAIN for constantly opening threads asking questions about themes from Lost) and the prick ended up starting a thread on there complaining about what a "lazy c*nt" HIS roommate was and how pissed off he was with him.. Nice way for him to vent.. haha

Cheers for the info guys.. And yeah Marcus, our curtains in the loungeroom are like a thin veil.. Have been jamming the futon mattress up against the glass doors to block a bit out but its still pretty futile..