Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 1 - Newcastle United Jets vs Adelaide United 07/10/11 k/off 3pm AEHT

Quote Originally Posted by OmeletteDuFromage View Post
    every post this page:

tl;dr
    +1. Scrolled down and decided yours was the only one worth reading

Was in the supporters store today and the guy said they have sold Hundreds of Heskey jerseys they are printing pretty much all day.and while i was in there they sold 2

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Really? How would anyone know what the break even point is?
    My thoughts. Didn't allow for essential expenses to the elite few.
    Last edited by hawk; 25-09-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Might fly up just to go to the tenzo

is this game being televised on sbs?

less than a week to go now. woohoo!

Gatty reporting that Jets officials are predicting a crowd of 15-20k for the Adelaide game.

Hope you active boys have your "Stand up and ****ing sing!" perfected.

I won't be standing up and singing. Will you lot in the far corner please shut up and let us enjoy the noise of the game rather than you hooligans singing songs no one can understand? Cheers.

Here we go again.
    Have missed the "sing or **** off v sit down shut up"
    Remains me of the old "spy v spy" in mad magazine.

anyone been to today's/yesterdays training sessions? What formations? Who looks to be starting? Observations? Hows Heskey going?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Here we go again.
    Have missed the "sing or **** off v sit down shut up"
    Remains me of the old "spy v spy" in mad magazine.
    I won't use "how do you watch the game/the goals getting scored if you are facing the crowd and clapping?" line because I miss a shit load of goals because I am often not watching the play at all and looking at other players positioning and movement off the ball and into space etc. Stupid football and its ability to appeal to different sorts of people.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    anyone been to today's/yesterdays training sessions? What formations? Who looks to be starting? Observations? Hows Heskey going?
    Went along for a bit of a look yesterday but only stuck around for 45 minutes or so.

A few observations:
    * There were two groups split up at one stage. One group had the likes of Neville, Ritter, Mitchell, Kanta, Griff, Jobe, Goodwin, Heskey. Other group had Ribero, Virgilli, Tiago, Regan, Gallaway, Jesic, Bridges. Basically looked like starting lineup and reserves.
    * The majority of the crosses were on the ground and not many hit the target.
    * Heskey looks lean and in good physical shape, but his touch was off a little. Still regaining it and will return once he settles in I am sure.
    * Emphasis was on knocking it wide and crossing in from one drill. The other drill was a pass and move possession style drill. It was over the other side of the field and tough to see.
    * Kanta was playing in a more advanced role.
    * Kanta, Griff and Bridges knocked in a few first class finishes.
    * Birighitt made some great reflex saves - saved many more than went past him.

Putting two and two together from what I saw and the split up of the groups, the line up will be something along the line up of:

Biri

Neville
    Mitchell
    Ritter
    Goodwin

Jobe
    Kanta
    Zad

Taggart
    Griff
    Heskey

Honestly, I don't think GvE will show too many cards at an open training session. Not much to be read into it but a few things I noticed.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 03-10-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post

Putting two and two together from what I saw and the split up of the groups, the line up will be something along the line up of:

Biri

Neville
    Mitchell
    Ritter
    Goodwin

Jobe
    Kanta
    Zad

Taggart
    Griff
    Heskey

Really? Surprises me..

Quote Originally Posted by david silva View Post
    Really? Surprises me..
    I think so. Maybe he was with the other group - I can't remember.

I wouldn't be suprised to see 3 at the back and Goodwin pushed further forward.

Like I said - I wouldn't expect GvE to give away too much

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Went along for a bit of a look yesterday but only stuck around for 45 minutes or so.

A few observations:
    * There were two groups split up at one stage. One group had the likes of Neville, Ritter, Mitchell, Kanta, Griff, Jobe, Goodwin, Heskey. Other group had Ribero, Virgilli, Tiago, Regan, Gallaway, Jesic, Bridges. Basically looked like starting lineup and reserves.
    * The majority of the crosses were on the ground and not many hit the target.
    * Heskey looks lean and in good physical shape, but his touch was off a little. Still regaining it and will return once he settles in I am sure.
    * Emphasis was on knocking it wide and crossing in from one drill. The other drill was a pass and move possession style drill. It was over the other side of the field and tough to see.
    * Kanta was playing in a more advanced role.
    * Kanta, Griff and Bridges knocked in a few first class finishes.
    * Birighitt made some great reflex saves - saved many more than went past him.

Biri

Neville
    Mitchell
    Ritter
    Goodwin

Jobe
    Kanta
    Zad

Taggart
    Griff
    Heskey

Honestly, I don't think GvE will show too many cards at an open training session. Not much to be read into it but a few things I noticed.
    good observations.

Taggart has been very good in pre-season, alot of goals. Happy he is starting.

Disappointed Bernardo prob not starting, interested to see how he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Gatty reporting that Jets officials are predicting a crowd of 15-20k for the Adelaide game.

Hope you active boys have your "Stand up and ****ing sing!" perfected.
    just got tickets in GA. numbers 7071 and 7072.

good signs.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    just got tickets in GA. numbers 7071 and 7072.

good signs.
    Would be nice... 10k members, 7000 GA. Wonder if it works like that or if it's entirely random for GA.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Taggart has been very good in pre-season, alot of goals. Happy he is starting.
    I was about to say the same thing, I've been very impressed with Taggart in pre-season. Ever since the Griff comparison was made I've had a semi for him tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Would be nice... 10k members, 7000 GA. Wonder if it works like that or if it's entirely random for GA.
    Yeah, unfortunately I think it's kind of random from memory. I tested it then and it came up with 7062.

Banned
    Sunday October 7
    Newcastle Jets v Adelaide United

Kick Off: 3:00pm
    Referee: Shaun Evans
    Assistant Ref 1: Rod Allen
    Assistant Ref 2: Ryan Gallagher
    4th Official: Adam Gehrig

Anyone wish to make contributions to a brown paper bag to be given to these blokes before Sunday???

Adelaide?

I'm not a fan of Kossie.
    He brushed me once at a breakers game.
    I'd just discovered he had been signed by arsenal once, as a young lad, this was awesome news.

I since discovered his arenal career was something he probably didn't want some pre-pubescent teen asking him about.

Still reckon he's a prat.

Or are you talking about the ref's