Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 1 - Newcastle United Jets vs Adelaide United 07/10/11 k/off 3pm AEHT

I am a newcastle supported but when i checked the odds for the game on sat night Adelaide were paying $3.20!! had to get on that, FREE MONEY!

at the start of the year i was actually hoping that our back four (before this nonsense about a back 3 came in) would be neville, regan, chapman, goodwin/ritter.

regan was our best cb last year when called upon and when you watch them train he is the best communicator on the park. how he has fallen so far i have no idea.

besides the game v wellington mitchell has been poor, he seems lazy on the ball and lazy in his tracking back (both of these liabilities were found out yesterday). he does have mongrel in him but that probably is about it. i didn't really understand why gve bought him in the first place i actually thought him leaving was the perfect opportunity for regan/chapman to stake claim for a starting position.

tiago should be in the midfield where kanta is imo as he is probably the best passer in the team and you can lessen the chance of him giving away penalties and stupid fouls in dangerous positions.

chapman is apparently the best young product we have at the club so he should be starting as he has had now 18 months with the team and a full season in the nbn state league so i daresay he would be match hardened to the physicality.

i think regan is more than experienced enough now to be the head CB with chapman and i hope come years end this is how it will be.

to yesterday, we were absolutely terrible, people using the ref as an excuse are kidding themselves. i wouldn't say it was the worst ever but it would go down in the top 5 for the worst games in our history

the only positive on field was virgilli, did not stop running all day and had our only 2 shots on target.

off field;

well done tenzo for opening the whole back area with the sales of the $20 buckets for 5 ciders or 4 heinikens
    Last edited by BodyNovo; 08-10-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Driving home yesterday out of nowhere the sky just fell right down and smashed my car. Did quite a bit of damage this time, it's happened a few times before (generally after a loss).
    Off to the panel beaters today to get it fixed.
    sarcasm20meter.jpg

just to clarify for the uninitiated

take a lot of the negative that is posted here with a hefty dose of salt, its done to take the piss.
    If you are looking for actual negativity, please direct your attention to sfcu.com.au
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    sarcasm20meter.jpg

just to clarify for the uninitiated

take a lot of the negative that is posted here with a hefty dose of salt, its done to take the piss.
    If you are looking for actual negativity, please direct your attention to sfcu.com.au
    worth noting though that all the stuff about Deans is 100% genuine.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    worth noting though that all the stuff about Deans and Joel Griffiths is 100% genuine.
    Fixed for accuracy

Don't worry guys, Dutchy has it all worked out

Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets head coach Gary van Egmond believes the Jets didn’t create enough goal-scoring opportunities in their 2-0 loss to Adelaide United at Hunter Stadium on Sunday3.
    http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...tunities/49816

I was farkin worried till I saw that but am more comfortable now he has it in hand.

Banned
    Did anyway see the post match presser of GVE.

Some journo asked him a question about the fans being dissappointed by what they saw and GVE started to lose it.

Replied with your a fan "James" what did you think etc

Then left the presser with the shits

Seemed to be in a right hump with the journo.

Assuming the James was Gardner from the Newy Herald.

Good to see HSG's feud is still ongoing

Gve was asked " Why didn't the Brazilians play".

His answer was " because they weren't selected".

To a journo that pretty much means the player is not good enough. And when that player is an import brought in by GVE it tends to suggest that GVE has wasted a visa spot.

Journo 1 GVE nil.

In all seriousness, can we not give GVE a bit more of a chance - its one game in ffs

Heskey only landed a week ago, we havent played a decent competitive fixture since SFC in Leichhardt three weeks ago. The pitch was royally shit, and the ref was giving us nothing. The kids will take time to gel in a HAL environment, preseason only works if its a consistent buildup not buildup then drop off due to fixture cancellations.
    I am reserving judgement to end of season, but with the team we have I would be expecting finals appearance as a bare minimum.

'High possession, high tempo' - the new 'got good engines'

Virgilli's passing was awesome: found Galekovic's feet every time.

Rubez can run but can't play. Just love it!

Had a great time regardless.

LOL - just watched it.

He was scathing twice to him. First when asked about why the 2 Brazilians weren't playing "because I didn't select them", when pressed "because I chose others"

Then when asked about the fans being disappointed he asked "what did you think James you watched it" to which he replies "I thought they were a bit disjoint actually" to which Dutchy replies "that's why you're a journalist"

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...=1111112039253

Comedy act continues!

toeing the party line

wd Gary

ROFL @ "that's why you're a journalist"

Jokes on gazza as we did look very disjointed out there, can tell they've not played at all with Heskey at the point and looked new to the system with 3 at the back.
    IF there are people seriously putting out the "GvE Out" message then they are retarded, he has to be given time. I think it will take several weeks before the team starts to click at all and perhaps before we even score.
    Having said that, it is fairly disappointing that we A) look so disjointed and B) really did look to be lacking some fitness. Yes I understand Heskey is new to the squad but the lack of movement / combinations and overall balance was a little concerning.

Least we've got a shit team to vs this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by vikingjet View Post
    'High possession, high tempo' - the new 'got good engines'

Virgilli's passing was awesome: found Galekovic's feet every time.

Rubez can run but can't play. Just love it!

Had a great time regardless.
    don't forget ref was to blame
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    ROFL @ "that's why you're a journalist"

Jokes on gazza as we did look very disjointed out there, can tell they've not played at all with Heskey at the point and looked new to the system with 3 at the back.
    IF there are people seriously putting out the "GvE Out" message then they are retarded, he has to be given time. I think it will take several weeks before the team starts to click at all and perhaps before we even score.
    Having said that, it is fairly disappointing that we A) look so disjointed and B) really did look to be lacking some fitness. Yes I understand Heskey is new to the squad but the lack of movement / combinations and overall balance was a little concerning.

Least we've got a shit team to vs this weekend...
    6-8 weeks

Agree he needs to be given some time. This is essentially a whole new team this year and we played against a very stable team continuing their style from late last season and it showed.

6-8 weeks is unfortunately about a third of the season so needs some results before then, but would expect significant signs within 4.

Lets not forget Adelaide have been playing competitive ACL fixtures and are more match fit.

Got to love the pearls of wisdom from GVE.

Quote Originally Posted by GVE

Van Egmond said he was likely to stick with the 3-2-2-3 formation he used yesterday.

‘‘I had a lot of faith in the back three today and overall I thought they were excellent"

‘‘I think you have an onus of making the football you play exciting football. I hope people enjoyed the way we played today.’’
    Not so much Gary, need some big improvements over yesterdays performances, after all didn't we clean out our roster to be better now, not in a few years time, or are we in the "Rebuilding Phase" again.

By back three I assume GVE is referring to Mitchell, Ritter, and Ramsay ?

La Bazz was the only one marking Ramsay all game ffs.