Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 1 - Newcastle United Jets vs Adelaide United 07/10/11 k/off 3pm AEHT

Its time for Kanta to step up from a kid with potential to a man with skill. Otherwise he needs to go

only the jets can ruin their season in 57 seconds. how good

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    My fears came home to roost....I do have several questions...

Why no BK ? That point was proven.
    How was this proven? If your referring to biraz send off I can't see how it's his fault. Mitchell(?) ****ed up getting caught with the ball as the last man, reds run through, biraz charges out making himself big, ball hits his chest and ricochets onto his arm. Great goalkeeping, just unlucky that the ref got it wrong.

Did he look confident at all to you up to that moment ? I felt safer once BK was in goal tbh - IMHO.

toad's player ratings:

Birighitti 4
    Neville 8
    Mitchell 3
    Ritter 6
    Goodwin 7
    Kantarovski 6
    Wheelhouse 4
    Griffiths 7
    Zadkovich 8
    Taggart 6
    Heskey 6

BK 7
    Bridges 5
    Virgili 7

p.s. when the keeper comes out of his area with his arms extended like an albatross and the ball ricochets off him, the ref is going to give a red 9 times out of 10.
    don't think we can blame the ref for that one tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Did he look confident at all to you up to that moment ? I felt safer once BK was in goal tbh - IMHO.
    I don't remember ever being worried about him. I didn't really think he had much to do. I do remember holding my breath when bk came on and got caught in no mans land when that ball was put through along the ground towards the back post.

Banned
    Bang on toad with a few of them there Toad. Neville was pretty good and I was impressed. Zadko ran his guts out all day shame he didn't run with his man who laid on the 2nd goal. Zadko just stood still for a change!!!

Disagree with Ritter's rating. No way was he on the same level as Kantarovski Taggart and Heskey. Ritter had a better game than those 3 put together. Goodwin was good though his final ball leaves room for improvement and no way does BK warrant a 7 for his efforts. Done **** all

Kanta should be much lower like -3 and Heskey was a disappointment in a lot of ways and 6 is a little generous

NBN news reported last night that Bk had a slight injury.

Quote Originally Posted by toad View Post
    p.s. when the keeper comes out of his area with his arms extended like an albatross and the ball ricochets off him, the ref is going to give a red 9 times out of 10.
    I don't really blame him either although I do think he got it wrong. Goalkeepers are taught to make themselves big like that. Was clearly Mitchell's fault for losing the ball anyway. If the ref had played on u would have been talking about what a great save it was.

Lowlights
    A goal to the P!ssants in 1st minute (obvious)
    Getting sprayed on my back with tomato sauce. q-? Napisan+ worked a treat on my Goldie. Dunno about your white number though....
    No finding G/Fish...still owe you that $6 dude.
    Waiting till the 71st minute for a real shot on goal....ffs.
    That cold wind...brrrrrrrrr

Highlights
    The dog-fight between the 2 small birds of prey in the 1st half over the Eastern stand. Anyone else spot that? (Looked like Nankeen Kestrals)
    Poppa and Ante Milicic sitting behind us in Bay 1 then shifting into the sun in front of us. Got a snap of Ante's note book. I'll try to decipher it and
    send it to GvE for ideas.........
    The 'Heskey's Bitch' song.
    Stadium vid staff replaying the send off offence....multiple times......ooops...
    Going on the field.

Banned
    I will blame him because he got it ****ing wrong. At the time of the incident he had just had his view obscured by Ritter running past. Then the ball contacted Birraz a fraction of a second later. Ref would have seen Ritters back and then all of a sudden the view became clear and bang the handball decision. The ref had a big decision to make and he guessed. He also got it ****ing wrong like most of his other calls all day.

I honestly don't think he has seen it at all and has had a split second to make his mind up and had to guess

what's the go with ritter droppin like a sack of potatoes,rollin round in agony,leavin the field for 20 secs then comin back on like nuffin happened
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Member: agree that ritter had a decent game. i had actually taken a point off him because i thought that it was him out of position for the first goal, but having watched the replay actually it was mitchell. make it mitchell 2 and ritter 7

kanta had a pretty decent first half i thought - definitely in out top couple of players. his second half was honking though.

taggart i thought was actually giving more run than most of the others.

heskey: maybe i was a little generous but i liked the way he got up and won some of those headers in the middle of the park, and he showed determination on occasion.

for next week's game i'd probably bring in reagan for mitchell and ribiero (sp?) for wheelhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    I don't really blame him either although I do think he got it wrong. Goalkeepers are taught to make themselves big like that. Was clearly Deans' fault for losing the ball anyway. If the ref had played on u would have been talking about what a great save it was.
    Fixed

Hey Timmy who won the Emile heskey shirt?

Positives of today the tenzo and that's about all

What a blur that 90 minutes was

Cannot even remember Adelaide scoring their first goal

Have come home straight after the game for a 5 hour sleep (catching up on last night)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    what's the go with ritter droppin like a sack of potatoes,rollin round in agony,leavin the field for 20 secs then comin back on like nuffin happened
    Watched the replay of it when I got home coz I was baffled with it too. Thought he had done an Achilles tendon the way he went down. Replayed showed I think it was Djite innocuously step on his foot/ankle whilst the pair were running. Ritter got about 4 more paces in before the pain kicked in that's why the dramatic pull up.

Most other blokes would have felt it straight away and collapsed like a bag of potatoes but not our Dom. Tried running it off for a bit and when that didn't work then went down

Banned

kanta had a pretty decent first half i thought - definitely in out top couple of players. his second half was honking though.
    Kanta was probably most responsible for the first goal. Let Vidosic run in goal side of him. What was worse about it was he was marking him initially and had full view of what Vidosic was doing. Ball watching at it's finest. I will beg to differ on his contribution in the first half. No run, No dribble, No creativity No value.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Birighitti 9
    Neville 5
    Mitchell 1
    Ritter 9
    Goodwin 5 (didn't realise his hair was so terrible)
    Kantarovski -1
    Wheelhouse 4
    Griffiths 6
    Zadkovich 2
    Taggart 10
    Heskey 9.5

BK 12
    Bridges 2
    Virgili 4

Superdyl for the bandaid incident 10000000. Worst thing I've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Superdyl for the bandaid incident 10000000. Worst thing I've ever seen
    I saw Butch attempting to put a bandaid on him? I was wondering wtf was going on