Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 1 - Newcastle United Jets vs Adelaide United 07/10/11 k/off 3pm AEHT

-------------------------------------Birra-------------------------------------
    -------Neville------------Ritter---------------Mitchell-------------Goodwin----------
    -----------------------------------Weelhouse---------------------------------------
    ------------------------Zadko-------------------------Riberio--------------------
    ---------Taggart------------------Heskey----------------------------R Griff----

Bench:
    BK
    Bridges (for heskey on 60mins)
    Kanta
    Tiago

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    I find it pretty strange that I'm the only one who would have Pepper in the starting 11.
    Im with you.
    Our best player last year.

----------------BK-------------------
    ---Neville------Ritter-------Mitchell---------Goodwin
    -------------Wheelhouse------------
    -------Zadkovich-------Ribeiro----------------
    ---------Bridges---------Heskey------------Griff-----------------

Bench:
    Regan
    Kanta
    Virgili
    Birighitti (GK)
    Last edited by Hamma12; 22-09-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post
    -------------------------------------Birra-------------------------------------
    -------Neville------------Ritter---------------Mitchell-------------Goodwin----------
    -----------------------------------Weelhouse---------------------------------------
    ------------------------Zadko-------------------------Riberio--------------------
    ---------Taggart------------------Heskey----------------------------R Griff----

Bench:
    BK
    Bridges (for heskey on 60mins)
    Kanta
    Tiago
    This is the one! In my opinion its our strongest team with brown out (he would replace Taggart).I even agree with the substitution to be made!

Love your work mr hutz!
    Last edited by leftrightout; 21-09-2012 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Mistake

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    This is the one! In my opinion its our strongest team with brown out (he would replace Taggart).I even agree with the substitution to be made!

Love your work mr hutz!
    This ^^^ I can see Griff and Brown feeding heartily off Heskeys scraps.

bk > birraz

Overall we have had a decent run with Adelaide in recent seasons. Apart from season one we have lost to them only once in Newcastle which was in season 5, however we did **** up a one nil lead against them in season 4 with 30 seconds left which felt like a loss.

I can see us winning by probably a goal, 2-1 most likely. I'm hoping heskey gets some game time, really keen to see him have a go.

although I love peppz, he's facing a lot better competition for spots this year & I wouldn't be surprised if he went the whole year without starting. great player last year & all, but gve has gone out & gotten his wunderkids & I'm sure they are his priority.

biraz > bk

gve has the excuse of "our preseason was disjointed by injury, suspension & game cancellations" so don't expect his system to be totally functioning and excuse-free for ages.
    OK

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    I reckon he'll start round 1.

I don't think they'll start slowly - it's the best pre-season we've had. Most signings were made very very early, we've had plenty of matches and plenty of time for GVE to get his formations and tactics right, and I've never seen so many formation variations - feels like we have a lot more options than ever before - most seasons our 11 was sorted with maybe one or two occasional changes.

Jets 3-1 to get the season off to a flyer, something I don't think we've ever done before.

I like Blacmac's 2nd option....
    ------------------Kennedy------------------
    ------Neville-----Mitchell-----Ritter------
    ---------Kantarovski----Wheelhouse---------
    --Zadkovic------------------------Goodwin--
    ------------------Ribeiro------------------
    -----------Heskey--------Griffiths---------

Like has been mentioned Tiago has not played for about a month, so it would basically be suicide to start him in the season opener with virtually no recent match fitness. Goodwin can always slot back into a LB role if 3 at the back isn't working.

Like has been mentioned Tiago has not played for about a month.

He's still suspended isnt he.
    Cause SFC cancelled todays match

I think the game against the mariners made up for it.

My starting line up

BK
    Goodwin - Ritter - Tiago - Neville
    Jobe - Kanta
    Rubes
    Ribero - Heskey - Griffs

I believe BK should start, he had a good season and not to mention Player of the Year, Media Player of the Year and Foxsports Save of the Year. So if he doesn't start I don't know what he has to do.
    Heskey should definitely start, maybe play 60 mins and then Bridges to replace him, looking forward to watching him play.

Quote Originally Posted by twenty2one View Post
    I believe BK should start, he had a good season and not to mention Player of the Year, Media Player of the Year and Foxsports Save of the Year. So if he doesn't start I don't know what he has to do.
    Heskey should definitely start, maybe play 60 mins and then Bridges to replace him, looking forward to watching him play.
    Actually impress GvE in training instead of resting on his laurels would be a start. Lets face it, Kennedy was shit until Young impressed while BK was injured. This made BK have to push himself more in training to show the coaches that he deserves to play instead of Young and then Nash. Since then, BK has improved, look at the semi vs Gold Coast up there. He played brilliantly. It's the same as any position, if you don't put in the effort in training, or someone is better than you, you can't expect to play, no matter what you did. If we went on past accomplishments, Jardel would have been our best player of 07/08.....

From the looks of it, Birghitti has been impressing GvE and co. in training and in the trial games. It seems to me to be only fair that if GvE thinks that Birghitti would do a better job than BK, then Birghitti starts despite what BK has done in the past. Who knows, this could push BK to once more up his game.

I haven't seen anywhere near enough of the pre-season to form an opinion but why is everyone picking Kanta over Pepper?
    Has Kanta been killing it?
    I always thought Jobe and Kanta together were fairly one dimensional.
    Pepper had way more versatility.
    Can someone explain?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere near enough of the pre-season to form an opinion but why is everyone picking Kanta over Pepper?
    Has Kanta been killing it?
    I always thought Jobe and Kanta together were fairly one dimensional.
    Pepper had way more versatility.
    Can someone explain?
    Simply because Kanta has been playing more with the "perceived" first XI. Its the same reason I'm thinking Biraz will be starting over BK.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Simply because Kanta has been playing more with the "perceived" first XI. Its the same reason I'm thinking Biraz will be starting over BK.
    Ah OK. Has he been playing well? Don't get me wrong I rate the kid but thought last year something was wrong. Either he was hurt or his head was elsewhere. Would love nothing more than to see Kanta back in top form.

(Even though I think he should eventually be a centre back but that's another debate for another day)

Was Kanta in and out of the squad due to the failed Olympic qualifying?

He's been a victim of his own ability, he's hardly had a season where he hasn't been dragged out to play for Australian age teams. He needs some week in week out club
    football.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 22-09-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Ah OK. Has he been playing well? Don't get me wrong I rate the kid but thought last year something was wrong. Either he was hurt or his head was elsewhere. Would love nothing more than to see Kanta back in top form.

(Even though I think he should eventually be a centre back but that's another debate for another day)
    Average I thought, he didn't really do all that much but I've only been to 2 trials (Magic and WSW). Of what I remember, alot of our play was back to Mitchell who played it wide then attack from there. Agree with Gary too, it would be good to see him with a full season under his belt - which is probably what helped Pepper last season.