Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 21/22 A-League Men | Match day 1 | Newcastle Jets v Central Coast

I hate football. I wish we played shit and lost. But far out they are absolute shite and we totally outplayed them. Classic Jets

Kurt Ams is the worst referee in the league with the worst referees.

Running into the breeze in the 2nd half was difficult enough for us.

Some good signs and in better conditions I think we will do ok.

I know it's only the Gypos and they will likely win another spoon, but the speed and ease at which we moved the ball from our box to theirs was phenomenal.

Yes, there are giant holes in behind our fullbacks (especially LB) and our forwards looked like they weren't on the same page today after the conditions worsened, but whoever we put in midfield (including Beka when he dropped into a 6/8 position it looked like) had so many passing options it wasn't funny.

I'm still happy with what I saw, hopefully that is the only points Kurt and his mates earn this season. They looked absolutely horrible today compared to us. They were time wasting at 0-0 the pricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

How can we be the better team and lose? Football doesn't work that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

For as shit as the result is, that is better football then we’ve played in years

Daniel Penha may prove to be one of our better signings in god knows how long, give him a lifetime contract immediately

I think our midfield and backline could still use a little work, something about Grozos and Thurgate isn’t working so hopefully the Spanish bloke fixes all that up, and we desperately need Mauragis at LB again.

I also feel like we missed Archie Goodwin near the end there, he hits the pitch with a level of energy that we really need when we’re behind and that dudes like Babalj just don’t bring with them

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    For as shit as the result is, that is better football then we’ve played in years

Daniel Penha may prove to be one of our better signings in god knows how long, give him a lifetime contract immediately

I think our midfield and backline could still use a little work, something about Grozos and Thurgate isn’t working so hopefully the Spanish bloke fixes all that up, and we desperately need Mauragis at LB again.

I also feel like we missed Archie Goodwin near the end there, he hits the pitch with a level of energy that we really need when we’re behind and that dudes like Babalj just don’t bring with them

I agree we needed Mauragus badly.

I also agree Archie would have been great to come on, but Babalj came on and was yelling at people and organising the attack much better than previously. I thought he did ok/good from my viewpoint. Also, him and Beka was much harder to deal with than just Beka being isolated up top with the others too wide to link up with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Hello boiz, its been a while. Id ask how you all are but let's face it, I dont care. this is my gift to you. Embrace it assholes..
    By the grace of Griff we have been blessed again with a Jets team for the ages.
    A striker who can't shoot, a useless wide bloke who just runs and runs and runs, an injured Hoff, defenders who play 100 good passes then cock up some simple shit to concede a bunch of sitters. James Donachie never gave up goals like that when he played for us but yet Middleby let him walk too.
    We also have yet another fart sniffing coach who will take at least 3 weeks to work out he lost the game because "BHAH ALL THE METRICS SAID WE WAS THE BEST TEAM GUYS". Meanwhile some deadshit who coached his kids under 8's outsmarted him by just hoofing the ball and hoping for some shit defending. OH DEAR LORD MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED EVERYONE WHEN WILL ASTON VILLA CALL ME FOR A JOB.

Thurgate remains our only good player and that's because he's a Newyboy. It's early days but if he maintains this level im happy to expand Mt Rushmore if he keeps this up to put him up there with Griff, Stu, Jobe and Tarek. (and Trump).

The sooner Middleby gets his head out of his ass and signs more locals the better. To be fair though until Goodwin cuts that stupid ponytail off he can sit on the ****ing bench.
    The gypos remain poor, and filth. The handbags were embarrassing. Where's Sean Rooney when you need him. Have a lash you cowards.

Anyway, some housekeeping. I dont know where the Member is, its paying $1.01 that he's roaming the streets of some country with no extradition treaty knee deep in questionably aged ladyboys espousing his religious beliefs on unexpectant peodaphiles. I wish him well though.

I dont know who this other asshole is. Legit thought it was embarrassing at the start but seeing morons engage with him/her/they/it made me smile. Stop falling for it, because yes, you are the sucker.
    Also, stop messaging me. Im busy.
    Miss you q-man, Sanchez, Gaz Fish and Mr Jeterpool. Hope you are all well.
    Pouring one out for Scozzy. He was a real one.
    Ok im off. Leave me alone. I may grace you again. I may not. I dont care.

Cheers,
    Plague.

p.s. Griff.
    p.s.s. pv4 is a gypo.

GRIFF.

We actually looked like we could play.........a little bit, after we made the three changes. Until then we looked clueless. Pity the game was gone by then. Yeah, I know we got one back and hit the post, but the game was gone and deservedly so.

Yeah, pissed with them. Bought into the promises and have been shattered again.

Thought I was going to an orgy and it turns out it was only a kiss on the cheek.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Rough loss that one. Those 2 quick goals to the coast one us the game.

On a positive best turnout in bay 1 in easy 2 years. As some of you guys will know I am apart of the terrace novocastria, been around active since the early days of the jets.

Did we sound good at the game? Was anyone from here in bay 1?

One thing I do wanna say that was a positive of Papas is that he seemingly has gotten rid of that head down mentality that the jets carry most seasons

We went down 2-0, and not long after he brings on 3 subs and we come back into the game. Shows he’s not willing to accept a loss and still wants to hunt for points and the boys back that mentality, even when it looks dire which is definitely something we couldn’t always say

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post

On a positive best turnout in bay 1 in easy 2 years. As some of you guys will know I am apart of the terrace novocastria, been around active since the early days of the jets.

Sorry to say Scum won that battle very easily. Mind you they had four times the numbers tbf.

I was happy with the performance...seriously, really does take a little time to bed in a new style and players.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Kurt Ams is the worst referee in the league with the worst referees.

Running into the breeze in the 2nd half was difficult enough for us.

Some good signs and in better conditions I think we will do ok.
    He's THE village idiot in a village made up of village idiots.
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Kurt Ams makes Matthew Breeze look like a reasonable, logical, fair and intellectual ref..
    As soon as you see Ams slated for our games, you just know absolutely nothing will go our way..

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Hello boiz, its been a while. Id ask how you all are but let's face it, I dont care. this is my gift to you. Embrace it assholes..
    A striker who can't shoot, a useless wide bloke who just runs and runs and runs, an injured Hoff, defenders who play 100 good passes then cock up some simple shit to concede a bunch of sitters. James Donachie never gave up goals like that when he played for us but yet Middleby let him walk too.
    We also have yet another fart sniffing coach who will take at least 3 weeks to work out he lost the game because "BHAH ALL THE METRICS SAID WE WAS THE BEST TEAM GUYS". Meanwhile some deadshit who coached his kids under 8's outsmarted him by just hoofing the ball and hoping for some shit defending. OH DEAR LORD MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED EVERYONE WHEN WILL ASTON VILLA CALL ME FOR A JOB.

Thurgate remains our only good player and that's because he's a Newyboy. It's early days but if he maintains this level im happy to expand Mt Rushmore if he keeps this up to put him up there with Griff, Stu, Jobe and Tarek. (and Trump).

The sooner Middleby gets his head out of his ass and signs more locals the better. To be fair though until Goodwin cuts that stupid ponytail off he can sit on the ****ing bench.
    The gypos remain poor, and filth. The handbags were embarrassing. Where's Sean Rooney when you need him. Have a lash you cowards.

Anyway, some housekeeping. I dont know where the Member is, its paying $1.01 that he's roaming the streets of some country with no extradition treaty knee deep in questionably aged ladyboys espousing his religious beliefs on unexpectant peodaphiles. I wish him well though.

I dont know who this other asshole is. Legit thought it was embarrassing at the start but seeing morons engage with him/her/they/it made me smile. Stop falling for it, because yes, you are the sucker.

Cheers,
    Plague.

p.s. Griff.
    p.s.s. pv4 is a gypo.

GRIFF.
    Very well Plague. Miss you too.

Hail Griff
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Cheers,
    Plague.

p.s. Griff.
    p.s.s. pv4 is a gypo.

GRIFF.
    tl;dr
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post

Sounded better than last year but was being drowned out most of the time by the mong inbreds at the other end of the stand singing "F*ck off Newcastle" for most of the game, seemed to be pretty much the only chant they could teach themselves...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

6,000 in the rain, after the last few seasons is a great turnout.

Miss you q-man