Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 21/22 A-League Men | Match Day 2 | Western Sydney Wanderers v Newcastle Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    A lot better performance but still only a draw against a team that won't play finals football.

Our CB pairing are vulnerable. There is our biggest weakness. Better teams will expoit it.

Is Jurman past it? Discsuss.....
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Past it not sure but he is certainly a very long way from what he is capable of.
    Compared to what we had last year, yes I think it is currently a downgrade but I am willing to give them some time.

I wonder how they will look with Arques between them as opposed to Grozos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

On the defence….From what I’ve seen so far, I think NTS could have stilled offered a bit more than what we are getting.
    Hopefully it’s a time thing, develop a partnership and match fitness and understanding how our best 11 play, and then how we change it if we need to.

They look vulnerable and a bit off the pace atm.
    Jurman transitioning into his later playing years needs to adapt and change his game to suit. Don’t have the pace to keep up to the young players scooting past.
    Overall, we look miles better in attack and hopefully don’t need to defend for large periods of the game because our old long ball didn’t work.

Ibini with his best hit ball in 2 years.
    It was nice to be on the other side of “petratos needs to provide a spark here to win the game for his team”

Murnane, Sitriavanis (whatever) were awful.
    Bobby Burns must be rolling in his grave.
    As mentioned glad Yuel got rewarded with a start.
    Thurgate and Penha need more help. The other front players aren't on their wavelength at all.
    Duncan scares me.

Arthur Van Egmond has a lot of issues to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Murnane, Sitriavanis (whatever) were awful.
    Bobby Burns must be rolling in his grave.
    As mentioned glad Yuel got rewarded with a start.
    Thurgate and Penha need more help. The other front players aren't on their wavelength at all.
    Duncan scares me.

Settle down, it was much better than last week and good performances from more players, Gus/Yuel were really good and Olly is going to get better,Duncan scares me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    You jest, but it's bittersweet to reflect on the fact that Papas is fielding plaudits for, in essence, promoting the style of football GVE wanted us to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    You jest, but it's bittersweet to reflect on the fact that Papas is fielding plaudits for, in essence, promoting the style of football GVE wanted us to play.
    There was never an issue with the style of football GVE wanted to play. The issue was he signed players that were not technically or physically suited to that type of football.
    Pappas appears to have signed players with a more suitable skill/technical attributes.
    The real test for Pappas will come when other teams work out a way to shut us down.