Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 21/22 A-League Men | Match Day 4 | Newcastle Jets v Wellington Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Wheels falling off, Probably about the same time the WSW announce Penha moving to them in the next window. You just know it.
    January 2022:
    Penha and Yuel to WSW for Najjarine and the ghost of Petratos. Beka to SydFC for some unknown teenager.
    I'm having nightmares about this already...

I couldn't believe I was watching a Jets game yesterday. Penha is so good: not just the quality, but the effort and leadership.

The Herald is run by idiots and bean counters, and we played the wooden spooners so mildly optomistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

That was amazing. When did a Newcastle team learn to pass like that?

Do need to get into penha's ear about the colour of his undershirt.

What I love is the urgency without the ball to close the opposition and Penha is front and centre there. If that’s the attitude we play with each week and the style this town will back them

Penha will end up with goal of the season. I don’t know when, but it’ll come. One of his long range shots will surely come off over the next 20 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    What I love is the urgency without the ball to close the opposition and Penha is front and centre there. If that’s the attitude we play with each week and the style this town will back them
    Until we lose one game then they we return to not giving a crap
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Did Parksey defect to WSW ?

Something I've noticed about Penha is that he's happy to play the simple pass and keep the momentum in position just by shifting the ball.

So many times you'd see Dimi hold onto the ball and try and do it all himself or play an impossible pass.

It's like Penha is playing without the ego and it's the team who is the priority

Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Something I've noticed about Penha is that he's happy to play the simple pass and keep the momentum in position just by shifting the ball.

So many times you'd see Dimi hold onto the ball and try and do it all himself or play an impossible pass.

It's like Penha is playing without the ego and it's the team who is the priority
    There is no comparison, zilch,nothing.

I will bet the number of miles he is doing in a game would be one of the highest of any player we have ever had at the club. Bloke doesn't shirk workload that's for sure.

Hopefully he stays as sound as a bell and the club even though he is on loan can come to a arrangement for a further season at least. I think Beka and Penha have been the standout imports across the league thus far.

Dimi is doing the same shit at wsw and their fans are going mental
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

More positive cases at the Jets