Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 21/22 A-League Men | Match Day 5 | Macarthur v Newcastle Jets

Can't believe this game has happened again.
    Can't change the Jets...

I don’t know how the team that played in the first half turned around and played that poorly in the second with a one man advantage.

Thurgate out really messed us up and I would say those 3 subs deflated us in a big way.

Also don’t know how you could stand to be a MacArthur fan with them playing football like that, one of the worst styles I could imagine playing

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh that's better.
    Hopefully now people will stop talking us up.
    Normal.service resumed, the battle for 7th is back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Bit of a mention Jeterpool!
    I missed it - I as home alone with the kids and was sorting them out at the time. Then my phone started going off!

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    "Jets statistician" - you getting paid Jeterpool?
    "Paid"...yeah right. Used to do some work with the club but after the latest change in their media manager they haven't reached out. Share it myself now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I missed it - I as home alone with the kids and was sorting them out at the time. Then my phone started going off!

"Paid"...yeah right. Used to do some work with the club but after the latest change in their media manager they haven't reached out. Share it myself now.
    Foolish of them, They don't know what they are missing champ.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Foolish of them, They don't know what they are missing champ.
    Thanks mate - and yeah I feel the same, but if value isn't seen in what I do I'll find my audience elsewhere...like here.

Not many seem to see value in history, some don't recognise the past Newcastle United and some don't recognise some matches as competitive fixtures. Honestly, it's all about the A-League and that's it - everything else is peripheral.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Thanks mate - and yeah I feel the same, but if value isn't seen in what I do I'll find my audience elsewhere...like here.

Not many seem to see value in history, some don't recognise the past Newcastle United and some don't recognise some matches as competitive fixtures. Honestly, it's all about the A-League and that's it - everything else is peripheral.
    Dw we love and appreciate everything you do mate
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    You know what I don’t get.
    Why people cover their mouths when they talk as though the opposition has a group of lip readers ready to analyse their top secret comments.
    Clearly you haven't watched the Bad Lip Reading videos on youtube
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Dw we love and appreciate everything you do mate
    I know that mate. That's why I still post it here and the handful of twitter followers.

I once had access to a few of the Fox Sports Match prep booklets where they have like player lists, stats, some
    Previous encounters and “fun facts” about players such as same junior club as Socceroo xxxxx. 100% would be able to use a lot of your stats and add something to the broadcast.

I’m curious if Ben Homer reaches out or has “retweeted” or anything, some of the stuff you’ve posted, seems to do a few Newcastle games and already offers a bit of local knowledge, could take his input to the next level. Obviously knows of you to credit and mention you with the 250th cap.
    It’s all a bit of a thankless undertaking in a sense that fox, paramount or a league would just see it as a bunch of numbers they can take a few snippets out of, as opposed to years of documentation and data accumulation.

But as others have said, we appreciate the effort you put in, and thank you for sharing it all with us. The match previews, odd tidbits throughout the threads and the Chronicles, the Foz wouldn’t be the same without you or your contributions.

Yeah absolutely, Jeterpool...
    We all love your work..

For anyone that missed the game I found a gif which explains what went wrong.