Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    All because of a brain snap by heroknob that ran 20m for what? If he doesnt do that, the melee doesnt happen. Jaffas get their yellows and the game is different.
    Thinking that bartv has reputable judgment is a joke.

Maggies know how to spend the $$ as well so lets not play that loser card as well. Jaffas spent ok after all.
    It's miles away from Sydney NPL 1. Probably the low end of 2/high 3 (Jets Youth). Clubs are entitled to spend what they want/have. It doesn't make it easier to watch. I am intrigued by the comments from SAPDAD around Jaffas having no soul. More than once that this is raised this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I never understand why people say this.

Dude was a class A douche for running 20m to shove a nothing situation. There wasnt anything to fix.

A couple of Maitland started getting grubby as they were getting outplayed. Maggies needed to disrupt the game only way they know how.

You are the ahole not the Jafs today. And before you cry to the mods, this a just reply to your initial diarrhea.
    Did you even watch the game???

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Its because its the rule.Thats why people say this.Once the retaliation happens the referee is forced to act.The degree to which he acts is arbitrary,but by initiating the contact the Maitland player forced the referee to act.Thats why people say this.
    Look again.

Maggies supporters not enjoying their post GF bag of d*cks and their usual refs cry.

Not to worry, your team were no-where today and some couldnt hack their way out either.

Felt sorry for Crowley, he needed more support
    Particularly from the refs.

Nah. You be the ah#le. Jog on loser. Get back to your aidsfest
    A comment worthy of Pappas.

Have you seen them sing the team song not much passion in it. But to be fair jaffas have a terrible team song

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Elland View Post
    Have you seen them sing the team song not much passion in it. But to be fair jaffas have a terrible team song
    Maybe Jaffas should of used part of their wage bill to pay for some supporters

After watching the replay of the 21min tackles by Pappas and what Zach did after the tackles, I think Zach has to be sent off, unfortunately.

Though Pappas had more reason to be sent off. His first tackle, I don't think, gets the ball. I think he gets the attacker's legs which then hits the ball. It is hard to tell. But you don't get to go through a player to get to the ball. The attacker has the ball on his side further away from the attacker. He lunges in and may or may not have got the ball. Either way, I think it is clear foul and yellow.

The second tackle is terrible. It's a straight red 11 out of 10 times. I have no idea what the referee was thinking. The kid was injured from the tackle. Pappas flies in from roughly 1.5 meters away and misses the ball connecting with the players with extreme malice just on or slightly above the ankle. An easy red card. Pappas could have broken his ankle or caused significant damage to the joint.

Zach can't do what he did even though there wasn't much in it.

For me, it's two send off's.

First tackle:

Image link: https://gyazo.com/fa0bd296566d5ff74eef0b02718dd88e

Second Tackle:

1. image link: https://gyazo.com/7e8f68a0fc35e7bf0d850c20904a5076

2. image link:https://gyazo.com/93ec90ca912dcccbaabd3d165d782f6d
    Last edited by immersion; 04-10-2022 at 09:10 AM.

Papas tackle was clearly a Red Card tackle. Good player, but he had to go.
    Thomas actions were worthy of a yellow, sure he run in but there wasn't anything really classed as violent in it. He was merely trying to stick up for his team mate which most players have done before.

Game changed as a contest, Maitland should feel disappointed with the decision. Grand Finals don't come around often.

Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    Look again.
    Look again at what?Look again at the player committing serious foul play/violent conduct,both of which were punishable by a red card.Look again at the referee being forced to act because of the actions of the player?Or look again at people on here who clearly dont know the laws of the game?What am I looking at again?For the record I would have pulled up the first tackle in the sequence.Once it went on though I thought the 2nd tackle and violent conduct were both red card offences.Overall the referee had a poor few minutes there in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Elland View Post
    It’s not the 90’s or 00’s when blokes played at a club cause they loved the club or grew up in the area. Now days the only passion in any club is from the committee who are there cause they love the club. You would be lucky to find a handful of players in ANY club that are there cause they love the club most are there for the $$

Watched the game on BarTV and the Jaffas player should have been sent off. It wasn’t a great tackle at all. In saying that very silly of the Maitland guy to run in how he did. You need to keep your head in check especially in these big games and he gave the officials an excuse to send him off.

Interesting post game the Jaffas captain was interviewed and to see he has won 7/7 grand finals. That is some record to be fair. On the other end of the spectrum though the Maitland coach said he has lost all 6 he’s been involved in. It can be such a cruel game at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Watched the game on BarTV and the Jaffas player should have been sent off. It wasn’t a great tackle at all. In saying that very silly of the Maitland guy to run in how he did. You need to keep your head in check especially in these big games and he gave the officials an excuse to send him off.

Interesting post game the Jaffas captain was interviewed and to see he has won 7/7 grand finals. That is some record to be fair. On the other end of the spectrum though the Maitland coach said he has lost all 6 he’s been involved in. It can be such a cruel game at times.
    Both players should have been sent off. There isn't an argument that could be said that would change my mind.

That's a crazy record for both. I feel for Bolchy apparently he has had it pretty tough recently. Would have been nice for him to finally win one.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Both players should have been sent off. There isn't an argument that could be said that would change my mind.

That's a crazy record for both. I feel for Bolchy apparently he has had it pretty tough recently. Would have been nice for him to finally win one.
    He’s obviously a very good coach. Maitland lost a lot of senior players this year yet still made it to the final day with a new look younger team. Just hasn’t had any luck with his teams getting over the line in these big games though. I hope he’s not a Parramatta supporter would have been a perfect ending to the day.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    I am intrigued by the comments from SAPDAD around Jaffas having no soul.
    In hindsight 'souless' might sound a bit worse than I was intending but it just goes back to my days playing and no one really being a proud former 'Jaffa'.People played there,then they left and that was the end of the relationship.I always used to contrast it with the way ethnic based clubs and clubs with the advantage of location had a way bigger sense of loyalty and community around them.You see old boys days at so many other clubs and it always seems their turnouts are way bigger and way more passionate.Since my eldest has gone through the JDL program and now into NPL youth that club has always been in the middle of some of the more baffling behaviour id seen along the way.They just have a way of doing things that is successful right now but long term it never seems like people have the same affection for the club and continue to stay involved once they leave.It must also be noted that this approach works.They will most likely win 13s this year and they will be better next year because they have already poached good players from rival clubs.If winning is everything its hard to fault the approach,but especially with local football Ive always seen a bit more to it.Add in the lack of womens football and even any ZPL adjacent representation and it always seems a pretty one dimensional club.It should also be noted that there are lots of people who volunteer and work for the club who put in just as much effort every week and this is no knock on them.Again,its my opinion and I dont hate the place but just thought I'd answer your question.

And before anyone asks,no my son never played there or trialed there.
    Last edited by sapdad; 04-10-2022 at 04:56 PM. Reason: probably gave away too much information.Too many sleuths out there.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    After watching the replay of the 21min tackles by Pappas and what Zach did after the tackles, I think Zach has to be sent off, unfortunately.

Though Pappas had more reason to be sent off. His first tackle, I don't think, gets the ball. I think he gets the attacker's legs which then hits the ball. It is hard to tell. But you don't get to go through a player to get to the ball. The attacker has the ball on his side further away from the attacker. He lunges in and may or may not have got the ball. Either way, I think it is clear foul and yellow.

The second tackle is terrible. It's a straight red 11 out of 10 times. I have no idea what the referee was thinking. The kid was injured from the tackle. Pappas flies in from roughly 1.5 meters away and misses the ball connecting with the players with extreme malice just on or slightly above the ankle. An easy red card. Pappas could have broken his ankle or caused significant damage to the joint.

Zach can't do what he did even though there wasn't much in it.

For me, it's two send off's.

First tackle:

Image link: https://gyazo.com/fa0bd296566d5ff74eef0b02718dd88e

Second Tackle:

1. image link: https://gyazo.com/7e8f68a0fc35e7bf0d850c20904a5076

2. image link:https://gyazo.com/93ec90ca912dcccbaabd3d165d782f6d
    Can you get a good still of Zach touching Pappas. I'd be surprised if there was any contact at all. Just a dive.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Look again at what?Look again at the player committing serious foul play/violent conduct,both of which were punishable by a red card.Look again at the referee being forced to act because of the actions of the player?Or look again at people on here who clearly dont know the laws of the game?What am I looking at again?For the record I would have pulled up the first tackle in the sequence.Once it went on though I thought the 2nd tackle and violent conduct were both red card offences.Overall the referee had a poor few minutes there in my opinion.
    Glad to hear what you would have done. That would really bring back diving as an art form.

Banned
    Can you get a good still of Zach touching Pappas. I'd be surprised if there was any contact at all. Just a dive.
    Thats the whole idiocy of the red.
    The intent of running 20m to set off the melee made old boofhead look like a tard and basically wrecked the game. It was amazing how Pappas threw himself down at that very moment. Yep, simulation taking advantage of a goose. Maybe a red each couldve saved the game.

Image link: https://gyazo.com/97aa24f74c9679cfb14da53f7c6da645

This image shows a bunch of hands. You can see Zach's and his hand on Pappas's chest.

There is not much in it. But the refs can't process what happened with a high degree of accuracy in real-time. Zach runs in with intent. Places not much of hand on Pappas. Pappas goes down and almost loses his shirt, which makes it looks worse than it is.

Honestly, I can see how the refs came to sending Zach off. Albeit not much in it, the evidence would have looked to the ref that it was worse than it is.

But who knows how Pappas stays on the park? Just an awful decision. The tackle was disgusting.