Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

Cooks v Buds:

1st - 3-0
    Res - 4-2
    18s - 4-1

Congratulations to Maitland winning the MP, great effort heard through today that Charlestown & Graham Law have parted ways ! Not surprised considering the players he had a disappointing finish for Azzurri

Quote Originally Posted by Mad with football View Post
    Congratulations to Maitland winning the MP, great effort heard through today that Charlestown & Graham Law have parted ways ! Not surprised considering the players he had a disappointing finish for Azzurri
    Charlestown have worst form in the comp since bringing in Reve and Taylor... 2 points in 5 games... more red cards conceded than points won...

James Pascoe will be announced as the new CA coach for 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad with football View Post
    Effective straight away or his he finishing out the season

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Charlestown have worst form in the comp since bringing in Reve and Taylor... 2 points in 5 games... more red cards conceded than points won...

James Pascoe will be announced as the new CA coach for 2023.
    And the coaching merry-go-round turns again. Same old faces coaching, same old faces on the park.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    And the coaching merry-go-round turns again. Same old faces coaching, same old faces on the park.
    I agree with your comment, but I don't think it is as easy as it appears.

There are only so many coaches around that have credentials. Then there are only so many that have the time to coach at the NPL level. Other filters make the pool smaller again.

How do you think we should blood new coaches?

The coach has to be qualified and competent to be up for selection as the minimum requirement.

I don't know for sure. But I don't think there are many coaches available to coach at the 1st grade NPL level when you factor in the potential filters.

We need to improve the coaching pathway in terms of ease to meet the minimum requirements and quality.

What are possible solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    I agree with your comment, but I don't think it is as easy as it appears.

There are only so many coaches around that have credentials. Then there are only so many that have the time to coach at the NPL level. Other filters make the pool smaller again.

How do you think we should blood new coaches?

The coach has to be qualified and competent to be up for selection as the minimum requirement.

I don't know for sure. But I don't think there are many coaches available to coach at the 1st grade NPL level when you factor in the potential filters.

We need to improve the coaching pathway in terms of ease to meet the minimum requirements and quality.

What are possible solutions?
    Look south there is plenty of Coaches

Just watching the games on BarTV and Edgie's pitch looks in pretty good order.

Massive congratulations to Maitland on sealing the minor premiership yesterday.
    It would have to be a decade since Edgeworth have missed out on finals football. Any truth to the head coach’s job being under review?
    Law parting ways with Charlestown is interesting. I wonder if he will focus on the juniors now.

What do we think is next for Graham

Maitland already looking to go back to back next season with signing Rhys Cooper, Tom Davies and Sam Webb

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Elland View Post
    He is stepping down due to new business opportunities, nothing sinister,

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Please Red you can’t be serious

Pretty sure a blind man could see Graham's head was on the chopping block, I've heard a fair few of the snr players were very unhappy with Graham. Can't say I'm shocked no easy task handling players like Boogaard & Regan.

Finals time!!!

What are your predictions?

Magic 1 - 3 Lambton
    Azzurri 3 - 1 Olympic

Quote Originally Posted by FootballFiend4957 View Post
    Pretty sure a blind man could see Graham's head was on the chopping block, I've heard a fair few of the snr players were very unhappy with Graham. Can't say I'm shocked no easy task handling players like Boogaard & Regan.
    You seriously have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    If you believe that than I have a bridge to sell you

Reagan to Edgeworth

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    If you believe that than I have a bridge to sell you
    I know exactly what happened unlike your uneducated guesses, I’ll tell you one day but you probably won’t believe me

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Elland View Post
    I’ve spoken with Graham and he said it’s been 12 years coaching with out a break. He is taking some time for himself and his family. A well deserved break from football.