Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by MurderOnZidanesFloor View Post
    That was an action packed grand final to say the least. It’s easy to watch replays and clearly see that the red card was extremely harsh, but I’ll give the referee the benefit of the doubt as bodys were all over the place and a player hit the turf. My issue is the lunging studs up tackle. Everybody at the ground knew it was a red card. How the referee is standing 5 metres away and doesn’t have the back bone to call it is baffling. Screams of incompetence.

In addition, congratulations to Virgili on carrying on like a pork chop at full time. Fingers crossed he doesn’t back flip on his retirement. 10 years of being carried is enough.
    Have to agree the red card was one of the most baffling decisions I have seen in many years. It looked pretty obvious that the Lambton play was to see if they could get the Maitland players off the field and accept they would get a yellow card. The plan worked with Goodman a passenger for the better part of the first half and Melmeth taken off after the send off. It must be said that if the foul on Goodman was called and Pappas yellow carded for that then the melee doesn't start. The blame for this rests squarely on both the assistant referees and referee. The inconsistency in officiating across the first 20 minutes was what caused the blow up. Pappas got a yellow for the studs up challenge which caused Melmeth to go off and should have had a second for simulation because if the hit from Thomas put him on his butt he better beware of falling leaves.

I don't know what Virgilli was thinking getting up in the faces of the Maitland players after the win. When you have played most of the game with ten men, and only get beat 1-0 (it was a well worked goal) there was always going to be bad feeling. Accept the win and move on but obviously ego outweighed common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post

I don't know what Virgilli was thinking getting up in the faces of the Maitland players after the win. When you have played most of the game with ten men, and only get beat 1-0 (it was a well worked goal) there was always going to be bad feeling. Accept the win and move on but obviously ego outweighed common sense.
    He has always been the worse player in the team. If he didn’t have that last name he would have been playing all age his entire life

I agree with the others who said the whole issue would have been avoided if the referee pulled up the first quite ugly tackle.To get technical on the rules on the 4th incident in that passage of play was fairly baffling.But its pretty to avoid the drama if the Maitland defender didnt run in so he can only blame himself.The carry on after the whistle was embarrassing from the Jaffas players who never seem to try (or care) to change their reputation as a souless club from seniors right down to JDL.Having said that,they walk away with the medals so everyone else can just deal with it.The worst part of the whole day is the entire experience of being there.NNSW should be embarrassed about the way they handled every facet of what went on.From scheduling,to ticketing,to catering everything was a joke.Anyone thinking that was a way to treat fans should be ashamed of themselves and never work in football again.Just give the grand final day back to a club to run at least they know what they are doing.

Always been a classless prick with no ability. Living in his brothers shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by MurderOnZidanesFloor View Post
    Always been a classless prick with no ability. Living in his brothers shadow.
    Yep , his brother is a decent bloke. That flog is far from one .

if the Maitland defender didnt run in so he can only blame himself
    I never get why people say this, emotions run high on a football field and it happens all the time in football. He ran in to grab the perpetrator who was going down before he even got to him. That player should now be cited for a gutless act that changed the game.

Don't watch much of this league but thought I would take a look. My takeaway was that the Jaffas are total *****.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 02-10-2022 at 11:01 PM.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I never get why people say this, emotions run high on a football field and it happens all the time in football. He ran in to grab the perpetrator who was going down before he even got to him. That player should now be cited for a gutless act that changed the game.

Don't watch much of this league but thought I would take a look. My takeaway was that the Jaffas are total *****.
    I never understand why people say this.

Dude was a class A douche for running 20m to shove a nothing situation. There wasnt anything to fix.

A couple of Maitland started getting grubby as they were getting outplayed. Maggies needed to disrupt the game only way they know how.

You are the ahole not the Jafs today. And before you cry to the mods, this a just reply to your initial diarrhea.
    Last edited by Jim; 02-10-2022 at 11:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Have to agree the red card was one of the most baffling decisions I have seen in many years. It looked pretty obvious that the Lambton play was to see if they could get the Maitland players off the field and accept they would get a yellow card. The plan worked with Goodman a passenger for the better part of the first half and Melmeth taken off after the send off. It must be said that if the foul on Goodman was called and Pappas yellow carded for that then the melee doesn't start. The blame for this rests squarely on both the assistant referees and referee. The inconsistency in officiating across the first 20 minutes was what caused the blow up. Pappas got a yellow for the studs up challenge which caused Melmeth to go off and should have had a second for simulation because if the hit from Thomas put him on his butt he better beware of falling leaves.

What an idiot comment.
    Red was easy as. Jaffas should/could of had 5 or 6. Yeah They were held for large parts but Maitland had very little and didnt look likely.
    Wonder how they finished top tbh.

Virgili had a crap game, lost 7/8 1v1s but did put in 2 nice crosses that shouldve been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Banned
    Maggies supporters not enjoying their post GF bag of d*cks and their usual refs cry.

Not to worry, your team were no-where today and some couldnt hack their way out either.

Felt sorry for Crowley, he needed more support

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post

Dude was a class A douche for running 20m to shove a nothing situation. There wasnt anything to fix.

A couple of Maitland started getting grubby as they were getting outplayed. Maggies needed to disrupt the game only way they know how.

You are the ahole not the Jafs today. And before you cry to the mods, this a just reply to your initial diarrhea.
    "Jim'll Fix It"

Sorry for impinging on your forum.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

I never get why people say this
    Its because its the rule.Thats why people say this.Once the retaliation happens the referee is forced to act.The degree to which he acts is arbitrary,but by initiating the contact the Maitland player forced the referee to act.Thats why people say this.

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post

Felt sorry for Crowley, he needed more support
    I thought #2 was their best on ground today.Agreed Crowley is quality and tried to spark something but was well handled for the most part.

If you think the Jaffas played any sort of decent football with an extra player on the park as well as 2 17 year olds on the other team, then you need to go to spec savers. Even more so when you consider the budget they spend every year. 😂. It took two tackles that caused players needing to leave the park injured in order for them to be in the game. Disappointing to see in a grand final game having to resort to tactics like that for everyone watching.

Banned
    "Jim'll Fix It"

Sorry for impinging on your forum.
    Nah. You be the ah#le. Jog on loser. Get back to your aidsfest

After being at LM yesterday and NO2 today I think the grandfinal arrangement and organisation from nnswf has been a shambles agree with earlier comments on here about getting them back to the clubs LM has to be the absolute worst spectating ground I have ever been to

Game was a massive let down to be honest. Completely ruined as a spectacle with the early red card. Thought Maitland actually did ok with 10 men but after the send off the match just had the feeling it would eventually go Jaffas way.

That venue though is an absolute disgrace. I got there 15mins early and still missed kick off with the huge line outside. Then another 15mins to stand in line and pay $7 for a warm beer.

Was very poor especially compared with the ZPL grand final at Darling street a few weeks back which was a great day out and extremely well organised.

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Nah. You be the ah#le. Jog on loser. Get back to your aidsfest
    Oh it’s Terry Tough Cu*t

What an idiot comment.
    Jaffas should/could of had 5 or 6. Yeah They were held for large parts but Maitland had very little and didnt look likely.
    Wonder how they finished top tbh.

Virgili had a crap game, lost 7/8 1v1s but did put in 2 nice crosses that shouldve been finished.
    Should have could have but didn't and playing against 10 men. If I was paying that much I would want my money back. I am not a supporter of either but my point was if the refereeing was consistent from the start then the incident would not have occurred and spoiled the game as it did. Maitland had to defend and hope they could hold out and if you listen to BarTV, ex coaches Damien Smith and CT were applauding the tactics and agreed with how Maitland played.

Compared to Sydney United's display in the Australia Cup none of our teams would be able to compete.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Oh it’s Terry Tough Cu*t
    Blueb*tch sticking her nose in. Hows the aidsfest champ

Banned
    Should have could have but didn't and playing against 10 men. If I was paying that much I would want my money back. I am not a supporter of either but my point was if the refereeing was consistent from the start then the incident would not have occurred and spoiled the game as it did. Maitland had to defend and hope they could hold out and if you listen to BarTV, ex coaches Damien Smith and CT were applauding the tactics and agreed with how Maitland played.

Compared to Sydney United's display in the Australia Cup none of our teams would be able to compete.
    All because of a brain snap by heroknob that ran 20m for what? If he doesnt do that, the melee doesnt happen. Jaffas get their yellows and the game is different.
    Thinking that bartv has reputable judgment is a joke.

Maggies know how to spend the $$ as well so lets not play that loser card as well. Jaffas spent ok after all.