Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    on one side we have:
    two well connected folk on one side of the argument calmly putting forward the personal situation of a well respected individual
    and on the other:
    a bunch of keyboard warriors spouting unsubstantiated tripe and bile

and you wonder why I get sick of moderating this forum...

I seriously doubt homie actually has a bridge to sell either.

Quote Originally Posted by Two tone View Post
    I’ve spoken with Graham and he said it’s been 12 years coaching with out a break. He is taking some time for himself and his family. A well deserved break from football.
    here here
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    on one side we have:
    two well connected folk on one side of the argument calmly putting forward the personal situation of a well respected individual
    and on the other:

I’m hearing you

on one side we have:
    and on the other:

Boz, you may well be right, but still interesting that you know these 2 so well and you are able to confirm that they must be correct because you respect them and not others. Is that the role of a moderator to personally take sides and abuse those you disagree with. Just pointing out that "keyboard warriors" come in all shapes and sizes....

they're not correct because of anything to do with me, these people actually know the person in question and know the situation

it's not "taking sides" to point that out

not all opinions posted here are valid

Plenty of wind predicted this weekend.

I think both games will be very tight.

Magic 1 - 1 Jaffas (Jaffas 2-1 in extra time)
    Azzurri 2 - 1 Olympic

they're not correct because of anything to do with me, these people actually know the person in question and know the situation

it's not "taking sides" to point that out

not all opinions posted here are valid
    You may or may not agree with an opinion, but as a moderator, you should discourage abusive behaviour rather than contributing to it... The fact that you are using your position as a moderator to determine the identity of the contributors, then telling everyone whose opinions they should believe, is somewhat concerning. Of course, that is just my opinion of your earlier post.
    Full disclosure, I don't know any of the people involved and whatever the reason for leaving the coaching job isn't that big a deal.

call someone a keyboard warrior is not abusive behaviour, especially when they're spouting uninformed opinions

I have not determined anyone's identity - ForeverRed wears his allegiances proudly (I've never met them nor do I know their name) and I've known Two Tone since the 90s - I know that they both have a direct contact with the person named

saying everyone's opinion has the same weight and deserves the same respect is complete and utter nonsense

call someone a keyboard warrior is not abusive behaviour, especially when they're spouting uninformed opinions

I have not determined anyone's identity - ForeverRed wears his allegiances proudly (I've never met them nor do I know their name) and I've known Two Tone since the 90s - I know that they both have a direct contact with the person named

saying everyone's opinion has the same weight and deserves the same respect is complete and utter nonsense
    Moderators should remind posters to be respectful, and not calling the viewpoints of those they disagree with as "unsubstantiated bile and tripe," as was your actual response. Clearly I've hit a sore point, but it if you wish to hold others to account, you should first look at your own behaviour.

it's not about whether I agree or disagree with a post - it's about it being a biased, incorrect falsehood against a direct statement of fact

it's not about whether I agree or disagree with a post - it's about it being a biased, incorrect falsehood against a direct statement of fact
    +1
    LORD GRIFF

Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    You may or may not agree with an opinion, but as a moderator, you should discourage abusive behaviour rather than contributing to it... The fact that you are using your position as a moderator to determine the identity of the contributors, then telling everyone whose opinions they should believe, is somewhat concerning.
    m

Not the first time either. Rules for thee but not for me. Dude has shut threads down for less and handed out some authoritarian strikes. And if you believe that this has nothing to do with experienced players questioning a coach’s ability then you are dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    m

Not the first time either. Rules for thee but not for me. Dude has shut threads down for less and handed out some authoritarian strikes. And if you believe that this has nothing to do with experienced players questioning a coach’s ability then you are dreaming.
    Absolute rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Absolute rubbish
    Ok maybe they are lying. Must be “business opportunities”

Can we get back to football review and opinion, not this ‘schoolyard biggering’ , forum often descends to rubbish. The truth Re G Law and Azurri lies somewhere between both versions ( and I do know the truth ), anyway what about Azzurri’s quick demise, leaders 90% of season and 1st team gone! , what happened? Keen to hear views as I have mine although when I have watched Olympic play at times very impressed feel
    Them and Magic are the best ‘football’ teams in comp
    What’s next

Quote Originally Posted by Mad with football View Post
    Can we get back to football review and opinion, not this ‘schoolyard biggering’ , forum often descends to rubbish. The truth Re G Law and Azurri lies somewhere between both versions ( and I do know the truth ), anyway what about Azzurri’s quick demise, leaders 90% of season and 1st team gone! , what happened? Keen to hear views as I have mine although when I have watched Olympic play at times very impressed feel
    What’s next
    I watched olympic v Weston last weekend, I didn’t see olympic winning their semi after that performance but good luck to them.

What’s next
    After watching them yesterday from where I was they spent a lot of time bickering and with all their ‘big name’ additions I think that they had to many egos for Law to manage and they looked like 11 blokes that dislike each other. You can spend all the money in the world but if the blokes don’t like each other enough to put all in for one another you get what you see with Azzurri. Best team on paper but no chemistry

What’s next
    Olympic were too good yesterday. Charlestown's best was Archibald in goals,made some great saves. Have to disagree Olympic being one of the best football sides I would much rather watch any of the top 3 sides then Olympic and I believe they are the best 3 football teams in the competition and there isn't much between them.
    But it's all about opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Olympic were too good yesterday. Charlestown's best was Archibald in goals,made some great saves. Have to disagree Olympic being one of the best football sides I would much rather watch any of the top 3 sides then Olympic and I believe they are the best 3 football teams in the competition and there isn't much between them.
    But it's all about opinions
    Easily the best three teams this year. Looking at yesterday’s game it seemed as though Boogs was doing everything possible to avoid passing the ball to Regan.