Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    What has Gomez ever done for the game, never heard of him as a player, sacked as a Jets youth coach at least 3 times (now re appointed for the 4th time, don’t they ever learn), sacked from Magic, Maitland and Cooks Hill. Watch out Jaffas
    Do you know why he was sacked?

Sacked 3 times is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Gomes U15s Jets Coach, Jets Youth TD, and Jaffas First Grade Assistant/ Trainer and Senior Squad TD ...
    Wait... A guy who runs a "selective" academy thats USP is I Can Get You Into The Jets coz I know people is now the guy picking the kids who get into the Jets??

Nothing to see here guys. Just the Jets doing Jets.

What has Gomez ever done for the game, never heard of him as a player, sacked as a Jets youth coach at least 3 times (now re appointed for the 4th time, don’t they ever learn), sacked from Magic, Maitland and Cooks Hill. Watch out Jaffas
    He sounds great!

Just before this gets even sillier can everyone be very very careful about what they type regarding individuals named on here.Your rumours and best mates testimony means nothing if you are making defamatory comments.Maybe just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad with football View Post
    Hi Forever red yes your a right I do
    Have an issue with GLaw and it as you work with him close ( as I have) he is an imposter and chaos follows him , & Maitland fc know that but they have appointed him so best of luck but I believe it will end in tears IMO
    He's running extra training as an academy, not coaching in the club.... its extra training for the players on top.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Just before this gets even sillier can everyone be very very careful about what they type regarding individuals named on here.Your rumours and best mates testimony means nothing if you are making defamatory comments.Maybe just move on.
    Unless you got a cool million dollars a defamation case would never see a court room. Your best bet is a cease and desist letter, but honestly if they have been around football for more than 5 minutes in Newcastle they have probably heard it all already, nothing new to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Berlin Wall View Post
    Wait... A guy who runs a "selective" academy thats USP is I Can Get You Into The Jets coz I know people is now the guy picking the kids who get into the Jets??

He is probably the best decision the academy has made in years. Someone who has actually been around elite football before and knows how to coach. Should probably be doing something higher than 15s is my only criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    He is probably the best decision the academy has made in years. Someone who has actually been around elite football before and knows how to coach. Should probably be doing something higher than 15s is my only criticism.
    It's a poor decision on top of about 20 other poor decisions the Jets have made.
    He's just not very good at what he does.

Don’t know the guy, might be the best coach going around and he must be decent if he keeps getting jobs. But there has to be question marks around him being let go by the Jets multiple times, Magic, Maitland and now Cooks Hill.

Banned

Definitely 1 in there that is on name only. non existent in trials. farce.
    PG has a voice at Jets Youth and in the ear at CCM and is GVEs right hand slinger.
    Think he reached the dizzy heights of AAge maybe repped in Ids at some stage.

Sounds like a lot of people making judgement calls on PG based on hearsay rather than facts. His background and reasons behind moving between jobs is purely speculation by most, and would blow all away if they knew the truth. He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but to suggest he doesn't know his stuff is way off the mark. He has made a huge impact on many young aspiring footballers in our region, which is why he is in such great demand.

Don’t know the guy, might be the best coach going around and he must be decent if he keeps getting jobs. But there has to be question marks around him being let go by the Jets multiple times, Magic, Maitland and now Cooks Hill.
    Good coach but he shoots from the hip and that has a habit of offending todays parents

Good coach but he shoots from the hip and that has a habit of offending todays parents
    Paul shoots from the hip with a machine gun. Also somewhat immature, both reasons why he got into trouble at The Jets. I saw it first hand. Magic will be enjoying this as one of their biggest threats chase a solution. No news around signings out of Lakes, Buds or NL? Olympic and Valo going quitely about their business?

PG single best coach in Newcastle bar none. End of story. Shouldn’t be coaching in 15s he’s above this level.

PG shoots from the hip by telling parents their kid isn't good enough or dedicated enough to make it, which is hard to hear but honest. He also is prepared to criticise coaches and management in different organisations, which is what most of us here are doing anyway, only hidden behind a keyboard. Maybe a bit immature in his approach by getting officials offside, but those that have seen him work either swear by him or feel threatened by him but want to steal his ideas.

PG Is one of the best out there, he is brilliant with kids and only wants to train kids (outside of football clubs) that are at a high skill level and are dedicated. his sessions are limited in numbers to assure quality and purpose to the session. he is not a organization like clacker, g law or wheelhouse and is a invite only coach.
    he has great playing skills and I'm pretty sure he was involved in the Brisbane roar setup as a player years ago.

his downfall is , as stated he tells it how it is and parents," yes the parents who think they no it all" don't like what they here.

I heard he was at the jets but have not heard of the jaffas rumor.
    Last edited by cobra23; 14-10-2022 at 09:54 AM.

Sorry Champ.

I think you have overlooked and mistaken a bloke that "was" involved in your club who does jets holiday academy's and thinks he is a jets coach. he gets kids to clubs by telling parents that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    PG Is one of the best out there, he is brilliant with kids and only wants to train kids (outside of football clubs) that are at a high skill level and are dedicated. his sessions are limited in numbers to assure quality and purpose to the session. he is not a organization like clacker, g law or wheelhouse and is a invite only coach.
    he has great playing skills and I'm pretty sure he was involved in the Brisbane roar setup as a player years ago.

his downfall is , as stated he tells it how it is and parents," yes the parents who think they no it all" don't like what they here.

I heard he was at the jets but have not heard of the jaffas rumor.
    he's great, but not very organised, so in an organisation or system with structure, that's the issue. Almost like a hippy from the 60's counterculture. lol.

time for a new topic.

Which clubs are coach hunting at the moment?

Any new players coming in out of academies or from other areas? Any mass exodus?

Appears to be heaps of movement in the youth space with decoupling.

mariners also run some short trials this week - Think they were only looking for a couple possibly a second keeper in 18's a couple of field players.

Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    PG single best coach in Newcastle bar none. End of story. Shouldn’t be coaching in 15s he’s above this level.
    Best coach in Newy yeh? Tell us players he's developed into A league players or those getting contracts overseas?

That's the thing with all this 'best coach' bull crap, if you can't show me a player who's made it under a coach then the rest is just words. Keyser Soze BS for mine. If the guy hasn't made it professional himself or produced top players then maybe when he tells parents there kid ain't good enough they might ask how he'd know. #Just sayin'.

Pepper not the only one leaving Cookers