Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    I thought the girls did a decent job officiating too.
    the girls?referee was a FIFA official and A League referee so i guess she should have been ok at this level

I thought she was brilliant, you could hear her talking to the players explaining her decision, I thought 9 times out of 10 they got it right,

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I thought she was brilliant, you could hear her talking to the players explaining her decision, I thought 9 times out of 10 they got it right,
    she would have to explain her decisions because none of the players know the laws of the game

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    she would have to explain her decisions because none of the players know the laws of the game
    maybe many of them will be up to speed now with a referee willing to engage with them positively regarding their decisions without the ego, it's a fresh idea and one all parties can appreciate

Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    maybe many of them will be up to speed now with a referee willing to engage with them positively regarding their decisions without the ego, it's a fresh idea and one all parties can appreciate
    takes 2 to tango

Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    It’s kind of exemplified here in this thread isn’t it?
    A few compliments and good accounts of a referees performance and general interaction with players. Good positive feedback and maybe what we need more of to help change that relationship between referees and players/coaches. (I say “help”, because referees can only do so much, it’s up to the players and coaches to do their fair share as well in terms of respect and lack of carry on).

Then you get a few snide remarks in response to the comments that make you wonder why you bothered.

What happened to match predictions?

I'll kick it off again.

Rosebuds 1 Jaffas 3
    Maitland 2 Olympic 2
    Lakes 0 Weston 2
    Valo 1 Azzurri 2
    Edgey 3 Cookers 0

Quote Originally Posted by Devon Sangas View Post
    What happened to match predictions?

I'll kick it off again.

Rosebuds 1 Jaffas 3
    Maitland 2 Olympic 2
    Lakes 0 Weston 2
    Valo 1 Azzurri 2
    Edgey 3 Cookers 0
    A round of washouts
    Just what we don’t need

wo
    1-1
    wo
    wo
    wo

Maitland 4 Olympic 2 ,game was tighter than score suggests.Both sides had plenty of chances to score but Maitland a bit more clinical up front

A good week for Maitland with victories over both Maitland and Lambton in the past 4 days

Cooks Hill v Lake Mac
    5-0

Yep I watched it on Bar TV and the ground looked ok considering all the rain
    Just happy for some football.

Quote Originally Posted by Two tone View Post
    Yep I watched it on Bar TV and the ground looked ok considering all the rain
    Just happy for some football.
    Pitch looked good at the game. Lakes just looked lost.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    Pitch looked good at the game. Lakes just looked lost.
    Have to agree BBS
    Lakes, looked real bad
    Cookers on other hand, look much better.
    Not sure with Pepper, he seems to be taking the piss, and passenger like in the team?
    Best signing for Cookers is Sam webb, not sure what Maitland was thinking there letting him go, to play L Webb or Cousins over him?

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    Have to agree BBS
    Lakes, looked real bad
    Not sure with Pepper, he seems to be taking the piss, and passenger like in the team?
    Best signing for Cookers is Sam webb, not sure what Maitland was thinking there letting him go, to play L Webb or Cousins over him?
    Agreed, Sam too quick and threatened all night.

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    Have to agree BBS
    Lakes, looked real bad
    L.Webb easy, dads the coach!

Buds v Cookers

3-4

Cookers made life real hard last 20 with a few missed chances but pulled it off in the end. Looked like real hard work on an absolute Heavy 10 track and a pretty physical match, both sides coming off the pitch after looked absolutely rooted.

I hear a serial pest out Weston way has been up to his old tricks again. "Ball" tampering and diving as well as studs up tackles.

Valentine 1 Edgeworth 0