Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

Azzurri 4- Valo 0
    Edgy 3-Cooks Hill 1
    Maitland 4- Lakes1

Craig Deans in as TD as Cooks Hill. Didn't see that coming! Big appointment. I hope we all wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    Craig Deans in as TD as Cooks Hill. Didn't see that coming! Big appointment. I hope we all wish him well.
    I thought Pepper was the TD

Yep, wish him well. Cookers must have a money tree
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Cookers and Azzurri

Does he still have a role at Northern TSP or has he relinquished it? If not is there a courtesy bus driving the better kids to CH? I thought that's why Leo Bertos was exited when he took on Weston. Conflict. Zane at NL, Dean's at CH. Some clubs investing cash on qualified TDs who are not Head Coaches. Signals intent? Who is Lakes and Buds TDs?

The report in the Herald says Deansy is the TD for the whole club, including community and NPL. Last I heard there were 1000 players registered at CH which makes the task enormous. Have CH considered going the New Lambton route of separating community from NPL? I believe Zaney is only involved in the JDL and NL1 youth team over at the nest.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    Does he still have a role at Northern TSP or has he relinquished it? If not is there a courtesy bus driving the better kids to CH? I thought that's why Leo Bertos was exited when he took on Weston. Conflict. Zane at NL, Dean's at CH. Some clubs investing cash on qualified TDs who are not Head Coaches. Signals intent? Who is Lakes and Buds TDs?
    I don't think the better players at any club with be driving to CH just yet, Deans or no Deans. Hopefully they become a strong option in the near future. Gotta love the ambition they have there.

Alex Butt has been DoF at Lakes in recent years. Chris Dale at Rosebuds.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    there really is no pleasing some of you guys on here

new club, only 24 years since it started from nothing, builds a very strong foundation by being a well run, organised club and gets promoted to the top tier

results don't immediately go well, so they're terrible and we should go back to an 8 team comp, also drag something up about an ineligible over 35s player several years ago

said club now gets experienced coach in a technical capacity - must have a money tree and throwing cash at people and claims of nepotism from Northern

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post

new club, only 24 years since it started from nothing, builds a very strong foundation by being a well run, organised club and gets promoted to the top tier

results don't immediately go well, so they're terrible and we should go back to an 8 team comp, also drag something up about an ineligible over 35s player several years ago

said club now gets experienced coach in a technical capacity - must have a money tree and throwing cash at people and claims of nepotism from Northern
    Well said Boz. I think most football people in this town want as many strong clubs as possible. Don’t let the few noisy naysayers bother you.

Hope there is still room for the current youth TD in the new set up. LH is a good guy.

Well said Boz. I think most football people in this town want as many strong clubs as possible. Don’t let the few noisy naysayers bother you.

Hope there is still room for the current youth TD in the new set up. LH is a good guy.
    I believe LH is being retained and will be working closely with Craig.
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    I believe LH is being retained and will be working closely with Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    Does he still have a role at Northern TSP or has he relinquished it? If not is there a courtesy bus driving the better kids to CH?
    Kids arent being pressured into joining a club based on TSP.Some kids (moreso parents) may see it as an advantage but what some dont realise is that the best TSP kids go to the Jets,so dont play club football anyway.A lot of other TSP kids play up an age where they arent exactly winning games single handedly so their overall effect on teams isnt that much.Cooks Hill youth have been thrown in at the deep end and even though results arent flattering,are showing by these type of appointments that they are in for the long haul and at least doing something to improve their situation.We should be applauding clubs for showing this type of foresight.The other thing is that club TD's in NPL arent exactly being paid a kings ransom,so if their area of expertise means they double up in some areas in order to pay the bills then good on them.Not everything in local youth football needs to be a conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post

Always the victim

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Always the victim
    Nahhh... Just calling out the rocks being thrown from one direction.

Quote Originally Posted by fozphantom View Post
    Nahhh... Just calling out the rocks being thrown from one direction.
    I hope they sustain the investment. Commercially it's an insolvent model to spend $$$$ to gain $. Lots of Clubs do it though.
    At least the investment in Craig is an investment in their future. Good luck to them.

I can't believe some people can be so stupid. You want to critize a club going places. And to be silly enough to antagonise Boz. You will get the bulls horns everytime. Why? because he shows himself and who he is. Sign of a real man who is passionate about football and a professional at everything he puts his mind to. I won't even throw Retro Jet into this one. It just a smorgasbord on offer.
    Last edited by chook; 11-06-2022 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    I can't believe some people can be so stupid. You want to critize a club going places. And to be silly enough to antagonise Boz. You will get the bulls horns everytime. Why? because he shows himself and who he is. Sign of a real man who is passionate about football and a professional at everything he puts his mind to. I won't even throw Retro Jet into this one. It just a smorgasbord on offer.
    I don’t think any comments made so far have been personal attacks or vendetta against Cooks Hill.
    Every thread in the local forum has people with opinions around various clubs, I don’t think any comments made after the announcement of Deans as TD even come close to some of the defaming comments elsewhere. Not saying two wrongs make a right, but apart from some comments re: Peppers performance, there’s nothing too sinister is there?

Cooks Hill have showed their intent and signed Deans as a TD. That’s a big announcement and yes, many people applaud and offer kudos for the appointment. Like it’s a good, big name with experience. With that comes the usual comments that they must be paying some money for him. That’s no different to the speculation Charlestown spend money, Adamstown don’t spend money, Jaffas buy the comp etc. There’s comments in the ZPL thread about clubs spending money too. It’s all speculative in nature and if that’s not allowed in here, then that’s fair.

But I don’t think there’s any particular vendetta against Cooks Hill as a club or the people involved. Now they are in the NPL they are also subject to the same scrutiny as other clubs like Magic, Olympic or Lakes. Sometimes unreasonable scrutiny.

Boz is correct, there’s no pleasing some people. There will always be critics to everything.

For the record, having anybody with the experience of Deans involved with your club can’t be seen as a bad signing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Where's the war? There is none blockhead.

Every club gets accused of being money bags every year. CH cops a serve by one gosling and its sookfest lol. Give ya self some studs to the face.

Even Boz having sook was over top on this one but hey it keeps the place interesting.

As for 8 teams. Youth all day. Your club isn't good enough, yet. And youll get a chance to change that. Only first year in im sure therell be plenty of development as CH seem to be one of the best doing that these days.

Jaffas 3 Edgeworth 0