Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    NNSW would be pushing for this with Jets management due to all the fees they are missing out on.
    They wouldn't like NSW Football getting that money.

I feel sorry for the new NNSW TD, he is on a hiding to nothing until NNSW board get rid DE and PH
    I dont thinks there’s a new TD unless they have renamed the job. There’s a player and coach talent development manager? Does northern have a technical director role anymore, do the jets? as they have a new person in, that also isn’t a technical director by name.

But the new guy northern have brought in is excellent, having watched him run a training session himself I hope something comes out of him being around.

I don’t think northern are missing much as I assume the jets are paying for the office space and training area at speers and the academy has been training there for a while since their grounds have been closed forever.

What would be the reasoning behind bringing the boys back from Sydney? Is there a chance that the jets once again aren’t able or don’t want to carry the weight of an academy?

Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    Buzz around town Jets teams may be coming back
    Why would a club about to be promoted to NPL1 in Sydney come back to Newcastle where they will play against sides that are of NPL2 and NPL3 quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Why would a club about to be promoted to NPL1 in Sydney come back to Newcastle where they will play against sides that are of NPL2 and NPL3 quality?
    They sit outside the promotion spots at the moment but I would suggest it’s because they have no money. Will there even be an academy next year?

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    They sit outside the promotion spots at the moment but I would suggest it’s because they have no money. Will there even be an academy next year?
    Youth are in promotion zone.

They are 3pts behind 2nd with 9 games in hand. Theyll be in NPL1 with the big boys next year.

No money would be a probable one which is a disgrace for a larger regional community.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    Youth are in promotion zone.

They are 3pts behind 2nd with 9 games in hand. Theyll be in NPL1 with the big boys next year.

No money would be a probable one which is a disgrace for a larger regional community.
    Out of interest, how many teams promote from each league in Youth and Mens?

The Mens currently sit in second, 10 points behind first place but with 9 games in hand.
    The Youth currently sit in third, 8 points behind first place with 4 games in hand.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Out of interest, how many teams promote from each league in Youth and Mens?

The Mens currently sit in second, 10 points behind first place but with 9 games in hand.
    The Youth currently sit in third, 8 points behind first place with 4 games in hand.
    Top 2 up for youth. so they should make it.

Mens 23s & 20s is a mess. Jets are currently in 4th div. Each having 12 teams each. They are going to 3 divisions with 16 teams in each div next year.
    This means the 23s and 20s will be in 3rds next year regardless where they finish. Then they have to fight for promotion after that. Covid wiped out 2 years of nearly definite promotion.

Mens 23s & 20s is a mess. Jets are currently in 4th div. Each having 12 teams each. They are going to 3 divisions with 16 teams in each div next year.
    This means the 23s and 20s will be in 3rds next year regardless where they finish. Then they have to fight for promotion after that. Covid wiped out 2 years of nearly definite promotion.
    Cheers, that helps.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

yeah I don't think that's good enough for development. Covid stuffed it but that means another 2 seasons to get back to the top again, and really considering how our competition can play (as shown by the game last night v greens) is our comp really that far off the mark?

I can see the money being an issue. Parents paying 3k a season would be expecting something spectacular for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    yeah I don't think that's good enough for development. Covid stuffed it but that means another 2 seasons to get back to the top again, and really considering how our competition can play (as shown by the game last night v greens) is our comp really that far off the mark?

I can see the money being an issue. Parents paying 3k a season would be expecting something spectacular for their money.
    With the 23's and 20's, only Sydney FC are currently in 1st Grade. WSW and the Mariners are both in League 1. Under the restructure mentioned above both those teams should end up in 1st grade based on the current club championship. by 2024 if the Jets can get promoted they may end up in the same grade as either of those academies anyway.

As Eastwest mentioned, the Youth would be at short odds to be in the top grade in 2023.

Also, where does $3k come from. I had heard the fees were $2k - not that far above the current NNSWF NPL prices.

With the 23's and 20's, only Sydney FC are currently in 1st Grade. WSW and the Mariners are both in League 1. Under the restructure mentioned above both those teams should end up in 1st grade based on the current club championship. by 2024 if the Jets can get promoted they may end up in the same grade as either of those academies anyway.

As Eastwest mentioned, the Youth would be at short odds to be in the top grade in 2023.

Also, where does $3k come from. I had heard the fees were $2k - not that far above the current NNSWF NPL prices.
    NPL1 prices go up. It’s Australian football, the higher you go the more it costs. I believe the maximum rego is $2650 plus another $350 for gear. Easily $3k

Just looked a BarTV games for this weekend, have Jaffa’s been washed out again?

Quote Originally Posted by Two tone View Post
    Just looked a BarTV games for this weekend, have Jaffa’s been washed out again?
    Lakes, Valo & Jaffas all washed out

Someone who trialled this year, once you factor in petrol to Sydney and maybe accom. depending on how far the weekend game is it would have start to add up even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    After watching Edgy play Olympic tonight, Edgy are looking like a top 5 side again and Olympic are definitely looking like a top 10 team
    Looks can be deceiving, statistics can also be misleading, but opinions are only ever opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    Looks can be deceiving, statistics can also be misleading, but opinions are only ever opinions.
    Olympic were very good on the weekend..Olympic now looking like a top 5 side and Edgy looking like a top 10 team

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Olympic were very good on the weekend..Olympic now looking like a top 5 side and Edgy looking like a top 10 team
    This is a decent comp to watch. Never know whats going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    This is a decent comp to watch. Never know whats going to happen.
    Agreed, I've been enjoying this years games.
    I'll watch Jaffas and Valo tonight with an expectation that either team could win.

Agreed, I've been enjoying this years games.
    I'll watch Jaffas and Valo tonight with an expectation that either team could win.
    You also have the Maitland and Azzurri game, but I think Maitland may struggle without James Thompson

Cooks Hill 5 Weston 0
    Valo 1 Jaffas 0
    Maitland 1 Azzurri 1

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    Cooks Hill 5 Weston 0
    Valo 1 Jaffas 0
    Maitland 1 Azzurri 1
    A couple of big results there.