Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    I am told Cooks Hill Youth were in and around 4th in NL1 Youth comps. NL and Belswans took over the top positions over recent years and both have shown in pre season that they can compete with NPL teams it seems?. The question to Ckids not wanting the challenge rings true when they couldn't win the second tier. Northern have once again cocked it up.
    Equal 2nd last year.
    https://websites.mygameday.app/comp_...c=0-8304-0-0-0

Anyway. If the youth was de-coupled then another team could have been promoted taking out the stupid bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    Equal 2nd last year.

Anyway. If the youth was de-coupled then another team could have been promoted taking out the stupid bye.

Just put NL 16s in can’t be that hard

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Just put NL 16s in can’t be that hard
    It is because NL1 is also missing teams as some clubs can't field them as well.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Which ones are missing teams

Banned
    throwing NL in NPL might stop a bye in NL1 as well

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    Equal 2nd last year.

Across the board Cooks Hill were not where the other two were in all Youth grades and their first grade were humbled when it mattered. The investment in Seniors has obviously been ignored in Youth. Not a model that gives any long term confidence Mr Eland.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Which ones are missing teams
    Wallsend, Singo, Toronto
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Wallsend, Singo, Toronto
    Wow what ages

Wow what ages
    oh, and Northern Inland
    Some clubs are missing one team and others two. Sorry, can't accurately tell you that a the moment as I can't remember which ones are down one or two. The draw for NL1 youth will be a basket case.

The sooner decoupling comes, the better.
    The sooner NNSWF enforce their own rules, the better

Some of these clubs have been short of teams for multiple years. Excuses don't cut it any more in my view. They have had plenty of time to get their houses in order.
    Last edited by Hunter403; 11-02-2022 at 01:54 PM.

oh, and Northern Inland
    Some clubs are missing one team and others two. Sorry, can't accurately tell you that a the moment as I can't remember which ones are down one or two. The draw for NL1 youth will be a basket case.

The sooner decoupling comes, the better.
    The sooner NNSWF enforce their own rules, the better

Some of these clubs have been short of teams for multiple years. Excuses don't cut it any more in my view. They have plenty of time to get their houses in order.
    Correct. No consequence, why bother? Split the comp into 2 tiers immediately. If clubs complain make it very clear that they are not good enough. NPL 1 - Magic Jaffas Olympic Maitland Weston Edgey Azzurri Valentine (drop Cooks Hill as a consequence).
    NPL 2 - Rosebuds Lakes Cooks Hill New Lambton Belswans Kahibah Southy Westy, Thornton and Cessnock.
    Promotion and relegation, Youth Criteria and mandatory licensed Coaches. Wallsend, Singleton Toronto into ZPL, no Youth, introduce promotion and relegation between Zones. Newcastle Croatia will be in ZPL in 3 years.

Correct. No consequence, why bother? Split the comp into 2 tiers immediately. If clubs complain make it very clear that they are not good enough. NPL 1 - Magic Jaffas Olympic Maitland Weston Edgey Azzurri Valentine (drop Cooks Hill as a consequence).
    NPL 2 - Rosebuds Lakes Cooks Hill New Lambton Belswans Kahibah Southy Westy, Thornton and Cessnock.
    Promotion and relegation, Youth Criteria and mandatory licensed Coaches. Wallsend, Singleton Toronto into ZPL, no Youth, introduce promotion and relegation between Zones. Newcastle Croatia will be in ZPL in 3 years.
    Sounds workable .... so it won't happen. The squealing from the current NPL teams that will be relegated to NPL2 and the screams of the NL1 clubs that face relegation to ZPL would be deafening. For the good of the game, this model needs to come in (which clubs go where up for argument).

Banned
    oh, and Northern Inland. Some clubs are missing one team and others two. Sorry, can't accurately tell you that a the moment as I can't remember which ones are down one or two. The draw for NL1 youth will be a basket case.
    What a slop fest.

Sounds workable .... so it won't happen. The squealing from the current NPL teams that will be relegated to NPL2 and the screams of the NL1 clubs that face relegation to ZPL would be deafening. For the good of the game, this model needs to come in (which clubs go where up for argument).
    Some of the NPL clubs that won't go down early on and will stay up there at least for a couple of seasons are squealing because it will mean they will have to focus on developing their players rather then being able to go and poach the best players from NL1 because all of a sudden those NL1 teams will be up there in the same league as these teams

Wow what ages
    The only thing shocking about this is that there aren’t more NewFM clubs than can’t fill all grades.

Croudace Bay, Lisle Carr and Arthur Edden are all clay based. This time of year the evaporation does a decent job in taking away surface water but in the cooler months it is a real challenge. My dear friends at Valentine are undergoing a facility upgrade so with the new drainage system put in place the regular washouts should be a thing of the past. Horns will be on sale again this season for $10 each and I hope we can all create an electric atmosphere for the players to enjoy. Jeepers creepers yeah!

Big call 3yrs. They have played 1 trial game

No offence to anyone but how many times do we have to bring up how the comps should be run.
    The same old chestnuts come up with different variations, same song, different singer.
    I've been doing this shit for over 30 years and nothing has changed and nothing will until new blood gets on the board of NNSWFA to change it, and that is the only way you will change it.
    Currently it is about making money, not players.(that's both club and Northern) someone has to pay the players.
    They have never listened to the people, then or now.

PS: i hope Pops and his Croatia make the ZPL in 3 years, that's really the easy bit, staying there is the hard part....

Edgy 1st grade went down to Mariners but they had some moments of brilliance. Reserves also went down 4-1 but heard they had 4 or 5 U16s playing and some U18s so to be expected. Good to see Edgy giving opportunities to so many of their youth players even if it is only during trials.

Banned
    NNSW wants to hear from you about the future of local football.

Public feedback link below
    https://forms.office.com/Pages/Respo...FaSFpLNENBWC4u

Quote Originally Posted by jim wallis View Post
    NNSW wants to hear from you about the future of local football.

Public feedback link below
    https://forms.office.com/Pages/Respo...FaSFpLNENBWC4u
    The survey is a "review into the effectiveness and efficiency of the governance and administration structures which underpin the game in our region"

The want our opinion on how the game is run, not the football itself.