Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Am I surprised that a bunch of washed up a league players can’t match it with young npl go getters? Nope
    Wow, Someone’s jealous of other peoples careers by the sounds of it, show me the points table please 🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    The Postman delivers. Send this over to Northern with an invoice attached. All this takes is a couple of tough conversations but those clubs in 2 cannot say they weren't warned. Post of the year.
    Deadset kidding yourself dropping Dudley out of ZPL

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    Deadset kidding yourself dropping Dudley out of ZPL
    Didn't notice. Agree. Put Dudley in ZPL.

Let’s be real, if a few NewFM teams weren’t NewFM teams anymore, I don’t think there would be much of a club anyway.

With my quick 2 minute play around, I wasn’t paying much attention as to what ZL team went where. Was done more to prove that you take the best of the NewFM and “move them up” to make the Promotion/Relegation NPL NNSW have always wanted.

Leaving the rest of the NewFM to fold or join the Zone System. Could do a 12 Team ZPL, who knows, fixing the “premier competitions” and the Youth Leagues is more important. Zone Football will be there and will sort it self out.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Wow, Someone’s jealous of other peoples careers by the sounds of it, show me the points table please 🤷*♂️
    Agree 100% FR.
    I don’t want Azzurri to win the comp but why shouldn’t an ex A League player get a good pay day & come back to assist in developing a young player by assisting / coaching them on the pitch?
    We have so many tossers in our game that don’t understand how developing players work.
    Listen to blokes like FR as they have seen the mistakes made in the past & know what is best for the game to once again develop Socceroos / A League players from the local game.
    We need the senior experienced players to develop the youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Agree 100% FR.
    I don’t want Azzurri to win the comp but why shouldn’t an ex A League player get a good pay day & come back to assist in developing a young player by assisting / coaching them on the pitch?
    We have so many tossers in our game that don’t understand how developing players work.
    Listen to blokes like FR as they have seen the mistakes made in the past & know what is best for the game to once again develop Socceroos / A League players from the local game.
    We need the senior experienced players to develop the youth.
    I don’t have all the answers but the tall poppy syndrome is alive and well, both players are Dudley juniors, where else would you play when your A League career is over, good luck to them I say

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    The wheels have fallen off at the Azzurri Allstars
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    How many A league game have you played, please remind us
    FR the answer to that would be ZERO. I would not worry to much about the Hurricane (AKA) MB. Last year it was our Jaffas that were his target when we were awarded the premiership plate from his Magpies team when season was stopped early due to covid.

This year its about Magic getting preferred treatment and now its the blues turn for his little mind games and it wont be long till its back to our turn again.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    what does everyone think about having a separate thread for talking about the structure of the competition?

it would allow all the pudding pulling and partisan oneupmanship from those with "gReAT IdEaS!1!!" who aren't actually involved in running anything to have their outlet, leaving the competition threads to actually discuss the competitions

we may also have an angry dad thread for juniors, so that embarrassment can be contained

it's either that or ban half of you

Forever Red I didn't mention Taylor or Boogs when I said Azzurri Allstars. I was saying the wheels had fallen off with their latest results. No issue with either of them being Dudley juniors and playing locally with Azzurri. And Jaffas you can believe me to be MB , not really , but I am involved with Maitland and I still believe Magic get favourable treatment. Why were they given last weekend off three days after playing Bentleigh but Olympic had to play on Saturday and back up tomorrow against Melbourne City

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Forever Red I didn't mention Taylor or Boogs when I said Azzurri Allstars. I was saying the wheels had fallen off with their latest results. No issue with either of them being Dudley juniors and playing locally with Azzurri. And Jaffas you can believe me to be MB , not really , but I am involved with Maitland and I still believe Magic get favourable treatment. Why were they given last weekend off three days after playing Bentleigh but Olympic had to play on Saturday and back up tomorrow against Melbourne City
    Maybe because they asked !

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Maybe because they asked !
    Quite possible Alton, and maybe Olympic didn't put in a request,

Top 5 predictions come end of the season?

Azzurri
    Jaffas
    Maitland
    Magic
    Valentine

One of the tightest seasons we've seen in many years. I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to the final few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Devon Sangas View Post

Azzurri
    Jaffas
    Maitland
    Magic
    Valentine

One of the tightest seasons we've seen in many years. I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to the final few weeks.
    I don’t see Charlestown winning it, only have 3 games to play with only a 4 point gap on jaffas in 4th.
    With magic and Maitland still having 5 games to play and jaffas having 6..

Charlestown have valo, jaffas & magic to play.

None the less is going to be a very very very interesting end to the season. Both from the premiership and the 5th place

Quote Originally Posted by Devon Sangas View Post

Azzurri
    Jaffas
    Maitland
    Magic
    Valentine

Remaining Fixtures:

Azzurrri - 33 pts - Magic (A) / Valo (H) / Jaffas (A)
    Maitland - 30pts - Lakes (H) / Magic (A) / Olympic (A) / Edgy (H) / Jaffas (A)
    Magic - 29pts - Valo (LMRFF) / Azzurri (H) / Maitland (H) / Cooks Hill (A) / Lakes (A)
    Jaffas - 29pts - Cooks Hill (H) / Edgy (A) / Olympic (A) / Rosebuds (H) / Maitland (H)
    Olympic - 27pts - Rosebuds (A) / Jaffas (H) / Maitland (H) / Weston (H)
    Edgy - 25pts - Jaffas (H) / Cooks Hill (A) / Maitland (A) / Valo (H)
    Valo - 25pts - Magic (LMRFF) / Cooks Hill (H) / Weston (A) / Azzurri (A) / Edgy (A)
    Weston - 23pts - Valo (H) / Lakes (H) / Olympic (A)

Based on that I'd say:

Magic - 42pts
    Maitland - 38pts
    Jaffas - 38pts
    Azzurri - 37pts
    Olympic - 35pts
    Valo - 31pts
    Edgy - 30pts
    Weston - 27pts

I don't think Weston are a realistic chance to make finals at all. Theoretically if Azzurri dropped their 3 last games they could miss finals as well.
    Last edited by Aegon; 01-08-2022 at 01:58 PM.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Jaffas
    Magic
    Maitland
    Azzurri
    Valentine

Lakes vs Adamstown

1st Grade
    Tonight - Wednesday at 07:00 PM

Any prediction?

Quote Originally Posted by MCG_1997 View Post
    Lakes vs Adamstown

1st Grade
    Tonight - Wednesday at 07:00 PM

Any prediction?
    Who cares 😂😂

https://bit.ly/https://bit.ly/3zl4J68
    Grand final venues, utter madness

Madness, complete madness
    Northern NSW Football is delighted to announce its 2022 NPL Men’s NNSW and NPL Women’s NNSW first grade grand finals will be played as a double header.

First grade semi-finals and preliminary finals will remain at club home grounds. But for the first time – and in the first season of the NPL Women’s NNSW competition – a double header will showcase NNSWF’s top tier men’s and women’s competitions at the same venue on the same day.

NPL MEN’S NNSW/NPL WOMEN’S NNSW – FIRST GRADE
    The NPL Men’s NNSW first grade grand final will be played at No.2 Sportsground on Sunday 2 October at 2pm, with the NPL Women’s NNSW grand final to follow at 5pm.

NPL WOMEN’S NNSW – OTHER GRADES
    Under-13s to reserve grade grand finals will be played at Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility on Saturday 1 October.

Under-13s will kick off at 9am, under-15s at 11am, under-17s at 1.15pm and reserve grade at 3.30pm.

Semi-finals and preliminary finals will remain at club home grounds.

NPL MEN’S NNSW – OTHER GRADES
    Under-18s and reserve grade grand finals will also be played at Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility on Saturday 1 October.

Under-18s will kick off at 12.30pm, with reserve grade at 3pm.

HIT106.9 NORTHERN LEAGUE ONE – SENIOR FOOTBALL
    The 2022 HIT Northern League One senior grand finals will be played at the newly refurbished Jack McLaughlan Oval, Edgeworth on Saturday 17 September.

Under-18s will kick off at 10am, with reserve grade at 12.30pm and first grade at 3pm.

Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility will be on standby should there be any concerns over Jack McLaughlan Oval’s ability to host the matches due to wet weather.

NPL AND NL1 YOUTH – FINALS SERIES
    Following discussions held at the joint standing committee meeting on Wednesday 13 July, subsequent conversations have been had on the impact on regional teams.

It is also now more likely that regional teams will be involved in all NPL Youth semi-finals and half of NL1 Youth semi-finals.

It is also important to note that a number of players will also be involved in the Football Australia National Youth Championships in late September.

These factors as well as the impacts of travel, accommodation costs and playing matches on consecutive days were also considered.

NPL YOUTH

The NPL Youth semi-finals will be played at Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility on Tuesday 4 October.

The NPL Youth grand finals will also be played at Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility on Saturday 8 October.

HIT NL1 YOUTH

The HIT Northern League One Youth semi-finals will be played at Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility on Wednesday 5 October.

The HIT Northern League One Youth grand finals will be played at Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility on Saturday 8 October.

Match times for semi-finals and grand finals for specific age groups are available on GameDay. Times may vary to accommodate regional teams.

NNSWF General Manager Football Operations Liam Bentley thanked players, clubs and volunteers for their assistance in getting a challenging season to its conclusion.

“Playing our NPL Men’s and NPL Women’s grand finals at the same venue, a venue like No.2 Sportsground, on the same day will be a fitting finale to our season,” Bentley said.

“It will be a real celebration of football and I’d encourage everyone to get out and support the event.

“In terms of semi-finals and preliminary finals, our preference is always to play finals matches at club venues. But given the wet weather issues of this year we’ve opted to ensure as many grand finals as possible are played on surfaces which will be able to cope with any further wet weather and still provide a consistent playing surface.

“As with the rest of this season we need both us and our clubs to be flexible and reactive in order to provide as much football as possible at a key time of the year for all of our players.”