Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

You need to get off the drugs man, I have no gripes with buds, I played with the club dickhead, how long is this youth building process going to take, they win two games and now it’s the in thing to do 🤷*♂️🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    how long is this youth building process going to take
    Dunno, probably until NNSW brings in promotion/relegation. Maybe you should direct your ire there.

One can only hope it happens soon so clubs like Rosebuds and Lakes get in a bidding war for the likes of Josh Rose and Jacob Melling in order to avoid the drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Can't see any changes coming BB. I think that will be the 12 NPL clubs for the next 3 years
    I was talking more about change at Lakes. What's next for them?

Yeh look, I think Adamstown are probably doing the right thing for them as a club.
    If they see potential in the group they have playing first grade, they will be better for it next season, and season after.(unless another club poaches some young players with first grade experience)…

If they aren’t up to it, that’s a different story. But also, as others have mentioned now, not entirely unexpected.

I think their approach was somewhat the aim of NNSW over the years of no relegation. Get your youth development in order to get some longevity. If there was no risk of relegation, prize money less than the wage bill of some clubs, why not save your money for when it matters and blood some youth that will hopefully be better for it.

At least they seem like they have a plan. And I’d rather their approach than splashing some cash around to achieve the same/similar position.

An interesting point would be if relegation was introduced next season, would they let the current squad have a crack, or would we see some mercenaries arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Yeh look, I think Adamstown are probably doing the right thing for them as a club.
    If they see potential in the group they have playing first grade, they will be better for it next season, and season after.(unless another club poaches some young players with first grade experience)…

If they aren’t up to it, that’s a different story. But also, as others have mentioned now, not entirely unexpected.

I think their approach was somewhat the aim of NNSW over the years of no relegation. Get your youth development in order to get some longevity. If there was no risk of relegation, prize money less than the wage bill of some clubs, why not save your money for when it matters and blood some youth that will hopefully be better for it.

At least they seem like they have a plan. And I’d rather their approach than splashing some cash around to achieve the same/similar position.

An interesting point would be if relegation was introduced next season, would they let the current squad have a crack, or would we see some mercenaries arrive?
    Clubs with a 150K player payment budget going towards has beens or nearly beens instead of blooding youth.

Adamstown, edgy and maybe lakes will get rewarded in years to come for not buying plates and tickling their egos

The Adamstown situation is pretty much entirely necessitated due to lack of funds.They dont have the budget of other clubs so work with what they have.As romantic as it is to put it all on youth development the fact is they need to do it this way.If they had more money they may act differently,if there was promotion/relegation they may act differently.But it is what it is and good for them that there are some good performances and results there.To somehow be dismissive of it while at the same time hating on Magic/Edgy and the rest for how they do it is weird to me.Im starting to think theres people on here who are just not happy about anything in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    Clubs with a 150K player payment budget going towards has beens or nearly beens instead of blooding youth.

Adamstown, edgy and maybe lakes will get rewarded in years to come for not buying plates and tickling their egos
    Edgy? are you serious?

Lols at Edgy comment

Banned

No they won't.

Those same clubs will pay them more $ to move.
    And since Zane has left edgy do they still promote youth to 1sts?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    The Adamstown situation is pretty much entirely necessitated due to lack of funds.They dont have the budget of other clubs so work with what they have.As romantic as it is to put it all on youth development the fact is they need to do it this way.If they had more money they may act differently,if there was promotion/relegation they may act differently.But it is what it is and good for them that there are some good performances and results there.To somehow be dismissive of it while at the same time hating on Magic/Edgy and the rest for how they do it is weird to me.Im starting to think theres people on here who are just not happy about anything in this world.
    Yes. There are some loyalists running agendas for their club and against others. Make things interesting.

As for the buds. I guess clubs just cant rely on juniors and little money and still be super competitive in top grade.
    And the youth getting well beaten nearly every week is long term disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Lichael Richards View Post
    No they won't.

Those same clubs will pay them more $ to move.
    And since Zane has left edgy do they still promote youth to 1sts?
    Question.. are clubs registering player contracts with FFA and Northern as semi professional since players are being paid? They have to in Sydney NPL
    Tax time is here

Question.. are clubs registering player contracts with FFA and Northern as semi professional since players are being paid? They have to in Sydney NPL
    Tax time is here
    None of the contracts are registered. None of them are actually binding. They are an agreement in kind for services rendered. Won't satisfy the tax audits but easily hidden by clubs as game day expenses. All credit to Rosebuds for giving kids a chance. Edgeworth showed the way and now Magic are starting to realise that there is more value in a 19yr old than an ageing journeyman looking to fund his mortgage repayments. Really, does an U13s or 14s trophy mean much to Senior rosters in 3 or 4 years? Cooks Hill declared their hand in Year 1 and they have spent. It will be interesting to see if that's sustainable and what NL do and if they walk the walk on development.

Lakes v Cookers tomorrow already off. Cookers offered to use Athletics Field but Lakes declined. What about the meeting two weeks ago where I thought clubs agreed/told to get games played wherever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Lakes v Cookers tomorrow already off. Cookers offered to use Athletics Field but Lakes declined. What about the meeting two weeks ago where I thought clubs agreed/told to get games played wherever possible.
    This shouldn’t be an option. If the other teams ground is fit for play then they shouldn’t be able to say no

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    should count as a forfeit

Banned
    Mandate is to play whenever, where ever possible.
    Away club should be able to contact Northern and ensure game is played or home club forfeits.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    should count as a forfeit
    In the circumstances I agree

Maitland 3 Magic 2 . Good game, well done both teams on a very competitive game

If cookers offered a ground and lakes said no, it should be a forfeit.
    Cookers take the points.

Not knowing the story behind decision but it’s a lot to give away ect gate and canteen… it’s tough enough to count costs at end of season and with comp extended with spare weeks I can see why they took this option