Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

Every week these days I’m seeing off the ball incidents from players that the refs always miss. Needs to be stamped from the game, it’s grubby and disgraceful.
    Cowburn sent off today for lashing out. Im glad ones finally been caught and he deserves a decent suspension.
    And just because the buds player doesn’t roll around for 10 minutes doesn’t mean it’s not a red… 😂

Agreed.

I watched Jaffas v Edgy on the weekend and although there was a deserved red there were tackles from both sides that deserved way more than a free kick.

Way too many careless, reckless & late tackles are waved on without any form of discipline.

It was even worse in 18's and 20's.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Agreed.

I watched Jaffas v Edgy on the weekend and although there was a deserved red there were tackles from both sides that deserved way more than a free kick.

Way too many careless, reckless & late tackles are waved on without any form of discipline.

It was even worse in 18's and 20's.
    Pub football

Weekend predictions ?

Rosebuds 1 - 3 Maitland
    Jaffas 2 - 2 Azzurri
    Cooks Hill 1 - 2 Magic
    Edgeworth 0 - 1 Weston
    Lakes 1 - 2 Valentine

Quote Originally Posted by Devon Sangas View Post
    Weekend predictions ?

Rosebuds 1 - 3 Maitland
    Jaffas 2 - 2 Azzurri
    Cooks Hill 1 - 2 Magic
    Edgeworth 0 - 1 Weston
    Lakes 1 - 2 Valentine
    Maitland 4-0
    Azzurri 2-1
    Magic 3-0
    Edgy Weston 1-1
    Valentine 2-0

Maitland 6-1
    Jaffas Azzurri 2-2
    Magic 4-1
    Edgy 1-0
    Valo 3-1

According to the Herald both games from Saturday that were washed out will be now replayed in full. Would be a hard pill to swallow for the four teams involved, especially Maitland who held a 2-0 lead at the time. Smacks of favouritism from Northern who only weeks ago let Magic keep their 1.0 lead against Weston and resume the game from the minute it was suspended.
    Why the two different interpretation of the rules ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    According to the Herald both games from Saturday that were washed out will be now replayed in full. Would be a hard pill to swallow for the four teams involved, especially Maitland who held a 2-0 lead at the time. Smacks of favouritism from Northern who only weeks ago let Magic keep their 1.0 lead against Weston and resume the game from the minute it was suspended.
    Totally different circumstances for starters, I agree with northern on this win.

This ruling has applied previously. Half time is the marker they use. Anything from halftime on is deemed a game

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    This ruling has applied previously. Half time is the marker they use. Anything from halftime on is deemed a game
    Northern regulation 28.3asays in essence that if 75% of a first grade fixture is played the score MAY stand
    28.3b says that if 50% of the fixture is played NOT FIRST GRADE the score MAY stand

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Northern regulation 28.3asays in essence that if 75% of a first grade fixture is played the score MAY stand
    28.3b says that if 50% of the fixture is played NOT FIRST GRADE the score MAY stand
    So according to rule 28.3 , in essence 75% of the Magic and Weston fixture wasn't played, so how did the score stand ?
    Or am I interpreting that wrongly

So according to rule 28.3 , in essence 75% of the Magic and Weston fixture wasn't played, so how did the score stand ?
    Or am I interpreting that wrongly
    Wrong wrong wrong... from reserve grade down to u13s if the game makes it to half time the result stands... if first grade makes it to the 75th minute the result stands. Games abandoned in the first half will be replayed in full... games abandoned in the second half will be replayed from the minute the game was abandoned...

Not very hard to interpret what was communicated in the paper from the rules, then people reading direct from the rules still getting it wrong... but yes... conspiracy theories as to why Magic gets preferential treatment is easier to comprehend than the actual rules and precedent on how those rules have been consistently applied in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Wrong wrong wrong... from reserve grade down to u13s if the game makes it to half time the result stands... if first grade makes it to the 75th minute the result stands. Games abandoned in the first half will be replayed in full... games abandoned in the second half will be replayed from the minute the game was abandoned...

Not very hard to interpret what was communicated in the paper from the rules, then people reading direct from the rules still getting it wrong... but yes... conspiracy theories as to why Magic gets preferential treatment is easier to comprehend than the actual rules and precedent on how those rules have been consistently applied in the past.
    Ok so you explained the rule quite well.

Then became the usual Magic grub. ffs you aholes never cease to amaze.

Is there a gene you inject on entry to your grub club.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Ok so you explained the rule quite well.

Then became the usual Magic grub. ffs you aholes never cease to amaze.

Is there a gene you inject on entry to your grub club.
    Just happy to educate the peasants beneath us

Sorry Magician, but you misread the competition rules. The 75% for 1st grade and 50% for the rest, whereby that can stand as the final score, does apply at the "complete discretion" of NNSWF. Other options include calling it a 0-0 draw, calling it a no result, a 3-nil result against an offending team, total replay, or restarting game from abandoned point (no time factor regarding how much was already played), all again at the complete discretion of NNSWF.
    Just thought all should be informed.
    Section 28.3
    2022 NNSWF Premier Competition Regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    Sorry Magician, but you misread the competition rules. The 75% for 1st grade and 50% for the rest, whereby that can stand as the final score, does apply at the "complete discretion" of NNSWF. Other options include calling it a 0-0 draw, calling it a no result, a 3-nil result against an offending team, total replay, or restarting game from abandoned point (no time factor regarding how much was already played), all again at the complete discretion of NNSWF.
    Just thought all should be informed.
    Section 28.3
    2022 NNSWF Premier Competition Regulations.
    So what you're saying ,for all of the peasants beneath the Magician , is that at Northerns discretion they allowed Magic to resume their match in the 46th minute and keep their 1.0 lead , but at Northern discretion the two games from the weekend have to be replayed in full and Maitland lose their 2 goal advantage.
    But hey everyone, we are all delusional thinking that Magic get preferential treatment.
    Now before you beat your chest Magician, I am not bagging or having a crack at Broadmeadow here, I am having a shot at the ineptitude of Northern and their complete lack of consistency.

While I'm having a rant,can someone please explain how Valentine are able to postpone yet another game at the Swamp aka CB complex. They hosted Olympic there last night in a 14's match. But 24 hours later it is unfit for play ?
    Did it rain in Valentine since last night ?

So what you're saying ,for all of the peasants beneath the Magician , is that at Northerns discretion they allowed Magic to resume their match in the 46th minute and keep their 1.0 lead , but at Northern discretion the two games from the weekend have to be replayed in full and Maitland lose their 2 goal advantage.
    But hey everyone, we are all delusional thinking that Magic get preferential treatment.
    Now before you beat your chest Magician, I am not bagging or having a crack at Broadmeadow here, I am having a shot at the ineptitude of Northern and their complete lack of consistency.
    One thing about Magic's replayed game being played from 46th minute, I did hear the 2 captains agreed to that with approval from ref. before match was abandoned. I may be wrong about that, but it would still need approval/confirmation from NNSWF.

Heard Valo have 7-8 players out. How convenient that the “pitch was unplayable”…