Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

I can only hope that Olympic are on the hunt for a new coach before the whole 1st grade squad follow Rhys Cooper, Tommy Davies, Jacob Bailey, Kyle Hodges and Cody Lucas out the door. Maybe the club need to ask themselves why these players are leaving?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Definitely 1 in there that is on name only. non existent in trials. farce.
    PG has a voice at Jets Youth and in the ear at CCM and is GVEs right hand slinger.
    Think he reached the dizzy heights of AAge maybe repped in Ids at some stage.
    Did your son not make it? Unlucky champ. No need to cry like a bitch on a forum but. The 2 kids in that side that you say by name both deserve to be there, one trial means FA. Throughout the season they are definitely top 15.

Let’s move on from discussing kids football in the NPL thread.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Let’s move on from discussing kids football in the NPL thread.
    Can you remove trump as well? everyone else got the hint - always trolling along with that other one that hates women football, neither are here to contribute even mildly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    along with that other one that hates women football, neither are here to contribute even mildly.
    Nah. That point was correct. You guys cant handle the truth.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TRUMP TOWER View Post
    Did your son not make it? Unlucky champ. No need to cry like a bitch on a forum but. The 2 kids in that side that you say by name both deserve to be there, one trial means FA. Throughout the season they are definitely top 15.
    Yawn. You definitely know nothing.
    My lads went higher than this stuff lol but years ago. Earned a decent $$ too, so wrongo mongo.
    I can see when someone hates the truth. Your lad must be the one who got a huge leg up. Anyway happy to leave this.

Back to 1sts, I'm interested to see who NL have lined up for their return to top grade.

Yawn. You definitely know nothing.
    My lads went higher than this stuff lol but years ago. Earned a decent $$ too, so wrongo mongo.
    I can see when someone hates the truth. Your lad must be the one who got a huge leg up. Anyway happy to leave this.

Back to 1sts, I'm interested to see who NL have lined up for their return to top grade.
    I heard Topor Stanley was in the mix

Didn’t someone say earlier that they were going to go with mainly the same squad? If that’s the case a few NL players egos are going to learn some humility very quickly in next seasons competition.

Cooks Hill are beating the froth out of egg hard in naming a new head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Didn’t someone say earlier that they were going to go with mainly the same squad? If that’s the case a few NL players egos are going to learn some humility very quickly in next seasons competition.
    Have heard NL have signed Sam Maxwell and Kent Harrison so far

Banned
    Hearing NL have also signed Pat Wand

Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Cooks Hill are beating the froth out of egg hard in naming a new head coach.
    Rumour has it Graham Law

Would you prefer they do a complete clean out like cookers did and kill the culture of the club. Surely keeping mostly the same squad who dominated the the Hit comp deserve a crack at the top div? I'm sure they all know how hard it's going to be. Don't worry yourself about the humility of the squad, they'll be ok.

Let them have a dig with the boys they've got. Not like they need to worry about relegation or anything

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    Would you prefer they do a complete clean out like cookers did and kill the culture of the club. Surely keeping mostly the same squad who dominated the the Hit comp deserve a crack at the top div? I'm sure they all know how hard it's going to be. Don't worry yourself about the humility of the squad, they'll be ok.
    Have been told that they aren't looking to get rid of any of their players but just add to what they already have.

Interesting off season with coach movement.

Herald reported yesterday that Jets have spoken to DZ about taking over Jets Youth team. Highly doubt he would be able to do both roles. Other clubs would not want a rival coach having access to best Youth players in the region as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    Not at all! As far as Im aware there is no relegation next season so NL may as well give the current squad a crack. However there is no denying that there is a massive step up in quality between the two divisions. And from my experience in football, teams who comfortably dominate their respective competitions always seem to contain a few players who have a bit of an ego. It will just be interesting to see how those particular individuals react going from winning matches every week to possibly getting only getting a handful of victories next season.

Not at all! As far as Im aware there is no relegation next season so NL may as well give the current squad a crack. However there is no denying that there is a massive step up in quality between the two divisions. And from my experience in football, teams who comfortably dominate their respective competitions always seem to contain a few players who have a bit of an ego. It will just be interesting to see how those particular individuals react going from winning matches every week to possibly getting only getting a handful of victories next season.
    I think it will affect the youth teams more. I just hope they don’t lose any age groups

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    I think it will affect the youth teams more. I just hope they don’t lose any age groups
    There is a bit of movement as there are more than a few NL youth players out trailing with other clubs for next year.So either they have been moved on or choosing to leave.They should never struggle for numbers and it will take a while to build.De-coupling in youth will suit NL so it is the perfect time to build a long term program to compete at that level.Senior grades will probably depend more on how much they want to spend and how much everyone else does so those grades can change season to season.NL will be fine.

Olympic not looking to add anyone to their squad. Even after losing 4-5 players from their 20.