Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Edgeworth have been very poor over the last 2 rounds against Maitland and Magic.
    Expect some movement in the transfer window
    And what is around to improve them .
    They will turn it around

Two games on tomorrow night. Maitland and Adamstown at Maitland at 6. Olympic and Lakes at Olympic at 8.

Maitland 6 Adamstown 0, 🤦*♂️, please please please give us promotion & relegation

Buds back to NewFM please.

Lakes 1 Olympic 0

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    Lakes 1 Olympic 0
    Olympic are lower than a snakes belly. They’ll do well to stay out of the bottom 3 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Buds back to NewFM please.
    Edgeworth beat them in the last minute of a game and then a blowout. Least they are playing some young kids and trying to develop players instead of recycling the same blokes in their mid to late 30’s. I think they have taken the long term approach instead of throwing cash around. Having a good year then lose all the players for their next pay. I respect their approach

How good does the surface at Maitland look

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    Lakes 1 Olympic 0
    Dino nearly decapited the Lakes player for his red... expect a few weeks for that hit. Lots of late hits unpunished, as if you must draw blood to get a card.

Followed by some late entertainment with the Olympic Duty Officers taking on the Lakes bench.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    On a more senior note - Mitch Oxborrow picked up a contract in the Perth glory team - just been subbed on in the game tonight.
    Great

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Dino nearly decapited the Lakes player for his red... expect a few weeks for that hit. Lots of late hits unpunished, as if you must draw blood to get a card.

Followed by some late entertainment with the Olympic Duty Officers taking on the Lakes bench.
    The duty officer was absolutely the highlight of watching the game last night with his performance at the end.

Olympic lucky it wasn't 0-2 with a 1v1 hitting the post as well.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Time for Dino the dinosaur to also be extinct.
    Has added zero value to any team, over the past 6 years. He is taking up a young players spot.
    Surely Olympic aren't paying him

That referee was well out of his depth. it looked like he couldn't keep up with the game mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    Time for Dino the dinosaur to also be extinct.
    Has added zero value to any team, over the past 6 years. He is taking up a young players spot.
    Surely Olympic aren't paying him
    I would add Jacob Baily in there. He looked awkward and appeared to be tired all game. He actually look like a newborn foal who hadn't learned how to walk yet let alone run properly. Though he has a knack for breaking up play with constant fouls. Weird how refs haven't noticed the number of fouls he gives away.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Edgeworth beat them in the last minute of a game and then a blowout. Least they are playing some young kids and trying to develop players instead of recycling the same blokes in their mid to late 30’s. I think they have taken the long term approach instead of throwing cash around. Having a good year then lose all the players for their next pay. I respect their approach
    I really want promotion and relegation but this is a good point would you rather have the Adamstown approach to NPL or the way a team like Cooks Hill have done it?Adamstown youth are well behind the best teams but their kids probably have one of the better pathways of eventually making 1st grade.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I really want promotion and relegation but this is a good point would you rather have the Adamstown approach to NPL or the way a team like Cooks Hill have done it?Adamstown youth are well behind the best teams but their kids probably have one of the better pathways of eventually making 1st grade.
    Hmmm!
    Possibly noone wants to go there, could be the real reason.
    There has been many examples of talent not given opportunities in past, committee kids and mates were preffered.
    However, between buds, valo and Lakes they haven't offered nothing to the npl except excuses and making numbers up, always last 3, year in year out. As for cookers that's a tanchevski behaviour not cooks hill. Valo has done the same with 9 over 35's in 1st grade squad being paid overs?

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    Hmmm!
    Possibly noone wants to go there, could be the real reason.
    I dont doubt that at all.Theres a few teams that seem in an eternal cycle where theres a few good kids in each grade but get fed up with losing every week and eventually make a move.

Weston v Maitland
    18s I think 6 2 Maitland
    Res 5 1 Maitland
    1st 2 1 Maitland
    Great day for Maitland in the derby away at Bear Park

Another great result from Adamstown

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Another great result from Adamstown
    Because they have been here for 300 year's Promote them to aleague
    Edgeworth no better this year, real bad

Come on Northern, stop the rot, give us relegation and get rid of this club