Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

After watching Edgy play Olympic tonight, Edgy are looking like a top 5 side again and Olympic are definitely looking like a top 10 team

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    After watching Edgy play Olympic tonight, Edgy are looking like a top 5 side again and Olympic are definitely looking like a top 10 team
    Just looked up results and stats on bartv. Edgy win 2 nil but Olympic dominant with corners 8-1 and shots on goal 6-1. Was that how it played out?

Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    Just looked up results and stats on bartv. Edgy win 2 nil but Olympic dominant with corners 8-1 and shots on goal 6-1. Was that how it played out?
    Not what I watched..Olympic put pressure on first 25 minutes then Edgy were the better team. How do Edgeworth win 2.0 but bartv says they only had one shot on goal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Not what I watched..Olympic put pressure on first 25 minutes then Edgy were the better team. How do Edgeworth win 2.0 but bartv says they only had one shot on goal ?
    If you combine shots on goal plus goals it's 6-3, pretty simple. But 8-1 corners! Must have been a pretty hectic 25 minutes for the Eagles.
    Not saying it wasn't a strong win by Edgy, but those stats don't paint the picture of a one sided game. I'll need to watch it myself to judge properly.

Isn’t BarTV live with the catch up games?

Yes it’s on now

My bad got it. Cheers.

CooksHill /Azzurri 3-3

Cooks Hill improving in the last 2 weeks and doing it the right way too.

In the starting 11 vs Charlestown there was:
    2 x 17yr olds
    a boy that playe u16s for Australia a couple of years ago
    ~7/8 under 22

Only Jacob Pepper, Riley Mcnaughton, John Griff and Dan Yaxley over 21 years of age.

If they arn't going to make semis this year they might as well blood for 2023 and they are doing that very well it looks.

Maitland 4 Valentine 0

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    Maitland 4 Valentine 0
    Valentine toooo old

1-1 at Lisle Carr Oval. Pitch was unfortunately not befitting a 1 v 2 clash, but the way things are at the moment at least they got on. Draw not an unreasonable result, Magic probably feel it was two points dropped.

Haven't seen many games of late so not sure if it's a reflection of the season, but that Broadmeadow side is going to be good in the next few years. Didn't recognise many names or faces but for the most part they look young, skilful and athletic. Zane probably too good for this level.

Side note - surprisingly healthy crowd up there, pretty decent atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacchi View Post
    1-1 at Lisle Carr Oval. Pitch was unfortunately not befitting a 1 v 2 clash, but the way things are at the moment at least they got on. Draw not an unreasonable result, Magic probably feel it was two points dropped.

Haven't seen many games of late so not sure if it's a reflection of the season, but that Broadmeadow side is going to be good in the next few years. Didn't recognise many names or faces but for the most part they look young, skilful and athletic. Zane probably too good for this level.

I thought the girls did a decent job officiating too.

What’s going on at Adamstown, we need promotion and relegation now, those score lines are embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by Sacchi View Post

Yeh good crowd and great atmosphere and draw was probably a fair result. I don’t think either side was distinctly better than the other though Magic were probably a little bit more controlled in their play.
    Having worked with Zaney he is definitely a level or more above this NPL. Despite the fact he thought he out coached him while here if Rubes can get an A-league gig Zaney definitely could if given a chance.
    Despite there being quite a few yellows, which could in some cases be attributed to the conditions, the officiating was good.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What’s going on at Adamstown, we need promotion and relegation now, those score lines are embarrassing
    Im all for promotion/relegation.Ive seen them twice this year (against Edgeworth and Charlestown) and both times been really impressed.They lost both games by a goal and its fair to say the experience of the opposition both times was the difference.Regardless whoever replaces them wont do any better judging from what Ive seen in NL1 this year.Happy to see a 10 team NPL and would rather have North Coast and Mid Coast come into the NPL/NL1 system to provide more competition rather than recycling what we have here.Its been really good for the youth but no idea if they have the same setup for Seniors does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Yeh good crowd and great atmosphere and draw was probably a fair result. I don’t think either side was distinctly better than the other though Magic were probably a little bit more controlled in their play.
    Having worked with Zaney he is definitely a level or more above this NPL. Despite the fact he thought he out coached him while here if Rubes can get an A-league gig Zaney definitely could if given a chance.
    Despite there being quite a few yellows, which could in some cases be attributed to the conditions, the officiating was good.
    Impossible to compare Zane with Zadcovich, with anything. Zane is a credible individual, that actually can coach and develop players. zadcovich on the other hand has zero idea in coaching, player management or football ethics, only his ego he excels in.
    Best scenario is Zane assisting Papas at Jets, or got to Perth and replace that 🥜.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Im all for promotion/relegation.Ive seen them twice this year (against Edgeworth and Charlestown) and both times been really impressed.They lost both games by a goal and its fair to say the experience of the opposition both times was the difference.Regardless whoever replaces them wont do any better judging from what Ive seen in NL1 this year.Happy to see a 10 team NPL and would rather have North Coast and Mid Coast come into the NPL/NL1 system to provide more competition rather than recycling what we have here.Its been really good for the youth but no idea if they have the same setup for Seniors does anyone know?
    So if every team below is no good, who do you promote, when promotion and relegation starts?
    I don't believe having, 8, or 10 is going to improve the competition.
    Watching NPL this year, its probably the worst quality of football for a long time, and that includes the inclusions of many ejets players saturating these teams.
    So is the ejet programs the issue, if jets or aleague teams are not interested in local players, and they have minimal impact in NPL, this can only mean we have low talent base of players, and more football opportunities will only in time flourish better players, reducing teams, will stunt further growth, and promote pub leagues.

Lastly I'm not sure, local NPL teams will agree to spend more monies or travelling to mid North Coast to play, and vise versa.

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    So if every team below is no good, who do you promote, when promotion and relegation starts?
    I don't believe having, 8, or 10 is going to improve the competition.
    Yes thats my point as well.The teams coming up wont make the overall comp instantly better,unless they maybe bring in a lot of good established players.Then is that good for youth development?I support promotion and relegation because NL1 teams should have something to strive for or else the 2nd tier is always stagnant and it hopefully gets some of the politics out of the sport where no one ever really knows how the system works.

Promotion & relegation makes teams play for something, how can clubs be allowed to sit on their hands year after year knowing they can’t get relegated, it also creates a competition at the bottom end of the table which also puts bums on seats and the same at the promotion end of NL1