Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

Broadmeadow Magic NPLW and NPLM club champions!

Do you have a full table for Men's and Women's club championship points Magician

Player movement beginning already.
    Riley Smith to Magic
    Taylor Reagen to Edgy
    Rhys Cooper to Maitland
    Tom Davies to Maitland

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Player movement beginning already.
    Riley Smith to Magic
    Taylor Reagen to Edgy
    Rhys Cooper to Maitland
    Tom Davies to Maitland
    That’s 2 big losses each for Azzurri and Olympic.

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    That’s 2 big losses each for Azzurri and Olympic.
    Regan Staying

Pepper to Edgeworth

Pascoe re-uniting the Jaffas gang of pre-COVID... watch this space.

Jaffas 2 Magic 1
    Maitland V Jaffas in the GF

Predictions for the weekend?
    Jaffas 2-1. I think Experience will get them through

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Pascoe re-uniting the Jaffas gang of pre-COVID... watch this space.
    Nothing like getting in players that are now 3 years older and expecting the same result

Quote Originally Posted by Allday View Post
    Predictions for the weekend?
    Jaffas 2-1. I think Experience will get them through
    If Thompson plays maitland 3-1
    If he doesn’t Jaffas 2-1

1sts: - Maitland
    Reserves: - Edgeworth
    18s: - Edgeworth

Who at Northern is going to take the fall for the disastrous decision to play the Npl and Wpl lower grade grand finals at the facility today.
    No atmosphere at all today, why separate the grades for grand final day when they have played on the same day and ground all year.
    Just more proof that the people in charge and on the board are totally out of touch with clubs and football and what traditions of a grand final day are all about.
    Eland and Bentley have had a shocker

Who at Northern is going to take the fall for the disastrous decision to play the Npl and Wpl lower grade grand finals at the facility today.
    No atmosphere at all today, why separate the grades for grand final day when they have played on the same day and ground all year.
    Just more proof that the people in charge and on the board are totally out of touch with clubs and football and what traditions of a grand final day are all about.
    Poor girl from Olympic ressies looked to have potentially done her knee in last second of the game off the ball injury
    Not the first player to have been injured like that on those fields
    People haven’t payed all season to watch the womens and all of a sudden you have to pay to watch them on a rugby field highest places mens side in the GF should host Highest side womens side should host GF both host all grades on seperate days with NPL men being last GF of the season it’s actually quite simple
    But northern need all the cash in the world to do nothing with it over and over

Farce.
    Left during Ressies 1st half due to boredom. The game itself was ok, the venue is a sh*thole. ZL was a great day.
    Having the girls and boys together is just a pandering Woke joke. The crowds watch for different reasons.

Ill give the whole local game away if this crap repeats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

And someone forgot the minor premiership medals in u18s so they weren’t able to be handed out

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    And someone forgot the minor premiership medals in u18s so they weren’t able to be handed out
    Were premiership medals handed out to any team during the presentation? The NPLW 15’s coach was given a bag of medals after the presentation to give out to his team.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyGossip View Post
    Poor girl from Olympic ressies looked to have potentially done her knee in last second of the game off the ball injury
    Not the first player to have been injured like that on those fields
    People haven’t payed all season to watch the womens and all of a sudden you have to pay to watch them on a rugby field highest places mens side in the GF should host Highest side womens side should host GF both host all grades on seperate days with NPL men being last GF of the season it’s actually quite simple
    But northern need all the cash in the world to do nothing with it over and over
    I am not sure how anyone could not simply split each day at No 2 and make a carnival of it. Girls Sat (more games from 13s to first at night) and Sun boys. Rugby finished. Set up food markets, media, get Jets to do promos, live music. Seriously, how hard is it? Is there a media department at Northern? I felt for those teams out at a training venue....

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    I am not sure how anyone could not simply split each day at No 2 and make a carnival of it. Girls Sat (more games from 13s to first at night) and Sun boys. Rugby finished. Set up food markets, media, get Jets to do promos, live music. Seriously, how hard is it? Is there a media department at Northern? I felt for those teams out at a training venue....
    Watched my daughters game yesterday and felt like wet weather make up game. It’s hard to get excited out there. Hopefully they take the feedback of every person out there that hated it. BBscone’s idea is perfect not even that hard

If these are the best officials we have in Newcastle then we are in a lot of trouble.

That was an action packed grand final to say the least. It’s easy to watch replays and clearly see that the red card was extremely harsh, but I’ll give the referee the benefit of the doubt as bodys were all over the place and a player hit the turf. My issue is the lunging studs up tackle. Everybody at the ground knew it was a red card. How the referee is standing 5 metres away and doesn’t have the back bone to call it is baffling. Screams of incompetence.

In addition, congratulations to Virgili on carrying on like a pork chop at full time. Fingers crossed he doesn’t back flip on his retirement. 10 years of being carried is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MurderOnZidanesFloor View Post
    That was an action packed grand final to say the least. It’s easy to watch replays and clearly see that the red card was extremely harsh, but I’ll give the referee the benefit of the doubt as bodys were all over the place and a player hit the turf. My issue is the lunging studs up tackle. Everybody at the ground knew it was a red card. How the referee is standing 5 metres away and doesn’t have the back bone to call it is baffling. Screams of incompetence.

In addition, congratulations to Virgili on carrying on like a pork chop at full time. Fingers crossed he doesn’t back flip on his retirement. 10 years of being carried is enough.
    Agree about the send off I suspect the line provided advice of a punch and young Rhys did a good impersonation of being king hit. He might regret that one later in life. He probably should have been sent for the second challenge that started it. For the money spent on both squads, I hope the celebration is worth it. Aside from a few incidents, not exactly a show piece. People streaming out before the NPLW. The Association might regret that decision even more come 630pm and the nearby pubs and homes are filled with people watching the NRL. Poor planning all round.