Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    absolute bullshit decision to give that red - one of the cleanest tackles you'll ever see

still, to end 0-0 after playing more than half the game with ten men, against the team that came second last season - Cooks Hill United aren't here to make up the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    absolute bullshit decision to give that red - one of the cleanest tackles you'll ever see

still, to end 0-0 after playing more than half the game with ten men, against the team that came second last season - Cooks Hill United aren't here to make up the numbers
    Not a red at all. First game of the year and things changed after the red but since minute one, really very poor overall.

Red or no red (I think no) that was one low quality match. I only watched the first half, was about to turn off until the red card. Thought Maitland might take it from park football to premier football with the extra man, but nope

problem with the game seemed to stem from anything associated with red in the middle

Yeah they may come 3rd last at best .

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Not malicious but not great, given the state of play always going to be a red
    I thought the tackle was ok. Risky. Not a send-off.

Also, the context of the game should have no influence on the decision making of a singular event. Each event should be judged on its merit.

Poor refereeing IMO. But the league is filled with average refs at best. So this will not be the last time this happens this season.

Seems like all the teams below first grade might be

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Seems like all the teams below first grade might be
    maybe you should check the scores before saying this sort of thing

last night's score in reserves - Cooks Hill 4 Maitland 1

maybe you should check the scores before saying this sort of thing

last night's score in reserves - Cooks Hill 4 Maitland 1
    Nice, how did the rest go?

13s lost 8-1
    14s lost 6-0
    15s lost 15-0

No 16s team

18s lost 6-4

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    I thought the tackle was ok. Risky. Not a send-off.

Also, the context of the game should have no influence on the decision making of a singular event. Each event should be judged on its merit.

Poor refereeing IMO. But the league is filled with average refs at best. So this will not be the last time this happens this season.
    Red card all day. Cookers throwing themselves around like wrestlers. That wont wash for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    Red card all day. Cookers throwing themselves around like wrestlers. That wont wash for the season.
    Olympic having a field day at magic Park.

Magic wins- team to beat
    Magic lose- we are in a rebuilding faze.

I'm sure I read that $70k was spent on magic park playing surface, watching bartv, it seems they have been ripped off, Greyhound track in better condition.

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    Olympic having a field day at magic Park.

Magic wins- team to beat
    Magic lose- we are in a rebuilding faze.

I'm sure I read that $70k was spent on magic park playing surface, watching bartv, it seems they have been ripped off, Greyhound track in better condition.
    Very true. 👍

Not the cleanest by a long shot. But it wasn't a red, certainly a foul

not the first time Mr Burns has got the last man call wrong and probably not the last either
    bit of history there with that. cant whip the card out quick enough when the opportunity arises

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    13s lost 8-1
    14s lost 6-0
    15s lost 15-0

No 16s team

18s lost 6-4
    Dorothy Dixered 100%. Well done.

I was having lunch with some friends on Saturday at the Adamstown bowling club and we walked over to watch Edgeworth vs Adamstown.So glad we did.1st grade was a very even first half with Adamstown having maybe the better chances.2nd half Edgeworths experience came through and a dominant final 20mins saw them get a deserved win.The Adamstown team looked young and just lacked experience and they couldnt keep up the effort for the whole 90minutes.Brockie and Rose both missed quite easy chances so the score could have been more.Adamstown were impressive too if they take their chances they might pull off a few wins this year.Edgeworth also had a few young kids come on later on and they played well too.For a first game of the year it was good quality football.I will definitely be happy to watch both those teams again throughout the year.

How was lunch

was having a looksee at some other games and goals.
    I had to laugh at keanau moore from magic. tosser thinks he's the man giving declan hughes whos sitting on the deck
    a cuff in the back of the head as he runs past after the magic goal.
    not tall enough (or left enough??) for jared mullers bullet is seems. Hughsie the dummy kicker on hand for the rofls too
    ain't karma a bitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    How was lunch
    Not bad thanks.The place was filling up with people to watch the Knights so we went to the soccer instead.