Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    If kids are fair dinkum they wouldn’t have to find time. If it’s a chore to go outside and kick a ball it’s not the TD’s fault
    Well clearly the committee rightfully felt differently that expecting kids to film a session 3 days a week over Christmas and New Years was too much of a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Funnily enough you can go on holidays and still fit in kicking the ball around and a less structured exercise session.
    Yeah you can, this wasn't a less structed exercise session when since we have some free time go and kick the ball (not that all holidays are just lazing around somewhere). I don't see any of the top clubs getting their players to film three sessions a week over Christmas and New Years. I'd be surprised if any of the top clubs in Sydney or Melbourne are doing it as well.

This isn't just a case of packing a ball in with your luggage so they can kick it around

Quote Originally Posted by djjones View Post
    At 15/16 Craig Johnston made football his business so he flew to the UK and trained 6 hr days for 2 yrs to catch up to the other kids.

This is the boring extreme story but you will put in enough effort and hours to get to the level that YOU want.

Does a TD get his kids to a level he wants, or the committee wants, or the the kids want or just enough to win the comp? Theres no point in getting above first place in NNSW NPL is there?
    You make a good point. Both the committee / TD / Coaching staff should be transparent around what their aims are for the club (and youth) and set the standard for both parents and players from when they sign / first day at training. I'm sure there was a reasonable middle ground that could have been had without either side going nuclear. After all its the players that end up with the raw end of the deal from the drama.

On a more senior note - Mitch Oxborrow picked up a contract in the Perth glory team - just been subbed on in the game tonight.

Anyone else heard that Doug West has left Magic as TD and signed up with South Cardiff as TD? Someone told me this and another person said that's what they heard as well. Seems odd that you would leave a TD role at an NPL team to go and do the same role at a NL1 team.

Unless of course Magic just wasn't a good place to be a non-Macedonian TD

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Anyone else heard that Doug West has left Magic as TD and signed up with South Cardiff as TD? Someone told me this and another person said that's what they heard as well. Seems odd that you would leave a TD role at an NPL team to go and do the same role at a NL1 team.

Unless of course Magic just wasn't a good place to be a non-Macedonian TD
    Or he got asked to leave?

Lots of non-macedonians at magic that seem to be doing just fine, and some that also have excellent coaches as well.

I also heard that the Jets 15's coach left and took over someone elses coaching spot unceremoniously in the 18's Possibly at South Cardiff as well? after he'd put the team together and had been coaching them.

So logistically how is it feasible to see this competition running in early March given COVID? Do we expect to see a smooth operation of games by this stage of our COVID lifestyle?

So is the 1st TD the same as the last TD named? Why aren’t we allowed to name the 1st TD but cheese man has named the TD and Club of 2nd one? From what I’ve heard the Magic TD didn’t do much anyway and just collected payments. Don’t think the guy has much loyalty, he’s had what 4 clubs in 4 years or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    So is the 1st TD the same as the last TD named? Why aren’t we allowed to name the 1st TD but cheese man has named the TD and Club of 2nd one? From what I’ve heard the Magic TD didn’t do much anyway and just collected payments. Don’t think the guy has much loyalty, he’s had what 4 clubs in 4 years or something?
    Different TD, but the Magic TD was asked to leave he didn't resign. The other TD might be the one you mean, he has had 3 clubs in 2 years (one he was at twice)

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    I also heard that the Jets 15's coach left and took over someone elses coaching spot unceremoniously in the 18's Possibly at South Cardiff as well? after he'd put the team together and had been coaching them.
    I know one of the players at South Cardiff 18s, according to him, a number of players (including ones that had been at the club for years) refused to return because they didn't want the coach again (or be coached by him if coming up from 16s). He himself was considering leaving for another club because the other coach wasn't any good. As soon as this Jets coach got announced he stayed and from all reports has been much happier with the level of training and coaching provided.

Any trial games happening

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Maitland v Azzurri this Sunday 6pm 1st grade .I think lower grades are playing before.cooks square park

Edgeworth beat Adamstown 1-0 last weekend. Slow game but both sides looked decent for this early in the year

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Cooks Hill United have officially announced the signing of Jacob Pepper for the 2022 season

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    Cooks Hill United have officially announced the signing of Jacob Pepper for the 2022 season
    Handy pick up

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    Handy pick up
    And price tag to go with it, good on them for spending the money.

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    Handy pick up
    They have missed out on quiet a few targets. They needed to get one

Any trial games worth watching this weekend

Any trial games worth watching this weekend
    Charlestown and Maitland tomorrow at cooks. 18s kickoff 215pm. 1st grade 6pm.

Banned
    Coaches Tanch and Dougy West to Cookers

Hi all
    If there's anyone on this NPL thread who's actively involved with submitting their club's Limited Licence - Multi function (am0530) form, please PM me.

Cheers
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022