Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 985

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

  1. #801
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    Hopefully the big lesson is to not presume someone has been hit just because they fell to the ground.
    You see reds get given at a professional level for this, and while it is all very well to watch the video and rewind and watch it again, the refs don't get this opportunity to do it before making a decision. Had the player not run half a field then there probably wouldn't have been a red card.

  2. #802
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    You see reds get given at a professional level for this, and while it is all very well to watch the video and rewind and watch it again, the refs don't get this opportunity to do it before making a decision. Had the player not run half a field then there probably wouldn't have been a red card.
    Had the ref called up the first tackle which was one of the most obvious fouls you will see all season then the ensuing melee never happens and the player never runs half the field to get involved.

  3. #803
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Had the ref called up the first tackle which was one of the most obvious fouls you will see all season then the ensuing melee never happens and the player never runs half the field to get involved.
    The only person to blame for running half a field to get involved is the player

  4. #804
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    The only person to blame for running half a field to get involved is the player
    Not according to the judiciary. And certainly the distance and the world record speed is growing with the telling. Players from both sides came in, but that does not mean an offence was committed. Only obvious offence was the tackle, and only obvious error was the red card as confirmed by the judiciary.

  5. #805
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    Not according to the judiciary. And certainly the distance and the world record speed is growing with the telling. Players from both sides came in, but that does not mean an offence was committed. Only obvious offence was the tackle, and only obvious error was the red card as confirmed by the judiciary.
    The distance hasn't changed. The only one that ran in and raised his hand was the player. That's why the Jaffas player fell down because he knew to milk it to draw the red card. Had he not run half a field to join in (and certainly had he not raised his hand) then it wouldn't have happened, that's on the player for getting involved, no one else.

    The judiciary had the benefit of watching a video and from a different angle a benefit the ref doesn't have. Perhaps we need a NPL bunker where play can be stopped and footage can be replayed so a decision can be made.

  6. #806
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    The distance hasn't changed. The only one that ran in and raised his hand was the player. That's why the Jaffas player fell down because he knew to milk it to draw the red card. Had he not run half a field to join in (and certainly had he not raised his hand) then it wouldn't have happened, that's on the player for getting involved, no one else.

    The judiciary had the benefit of watching a video and from a different angle a benefit the ref doesn't have. Perhaps we need a NPL bunker where play can be stopped and footage can be replayed so a decision can be made.
    But your "half the field" is both wrong and irrelevant.

  7. #807
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    The only person to blame for running half a field to get involved is the player
    Yeah youíre fighting a losing battle here as usual. Iím not saying the player who ran in is entirely innocent however the officials have a duty of care to do their utmost to ensure player well being and safety. As I pointed out the first tackle was possibly even worse than the second one and how the referee and linesman on that side of the field both missed it is baffling.

  8. #808
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    The only person to blame for running half a field to get involved is the player
    This is correct. Let the ref unload on Pappas. He may have received his own red.

  9. #809
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    But your "half the field" is both wrong and irrelevant.
    Its actually pretty close. Ultimately. Maitland was out foxed and thus outplayed.

    If it was the other way round Maggies supporters would be loving this. Instead they have losers medals. Enjoy.

  10. #810
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Its actually pretty close. Ultimately. Maitland was out foxed and thus outplayed.

    If it was the other way round Maggies supporters would be loving this. Instead they have losers medals. Enjoy.
    Out bashed perhaps.

  11. #811
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Its actually pretty close. Ultimately. Maitland was out foxed and thus outplayed.

    If it was the other way round Maggies supporters would be loving this. Instead they have losers medals. Enjoy.
    Look its tough guy again: surprised your not bagging out the womens game.

  12. #812
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Look its tough guy again: surprised your not bagging out the womens game.
    lolol. These wannabes pretending the gals are playing football. Dont get me wrong I love everyone playing any game but being elite is the biggest patronising Joke i have ever seen in sport. Remember when the not very good Jets 15s creamed the Matildas? Well nothing has changed.
    Keep up the pretense and chest beating.

    BTW when did Maitland lads last win the NNSW comp? Waits for jealous w*nkers to spout more BS. gogogo

  13. #813
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    lolol. These wannabes pretending the gals are playing football. Dont get me wrong I love everyone playing any game but being elite is the biggest patronising Joke i have ever seen in sport. Remember when the not very good Jets 15s creamed the Matildas? Well nothing has changed.
    Keep up the pretense and chest beating.

    BTW when did Maitland lads last win the NNSW comp? Waits for jealous w*nkers to spout more BS. gogogo
    Maitland won the comp in 2022
    Jaffas won the grand final, not the comp

  14. #814
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    601
    I don't think Maitland have ever won the grand final

  15. #815
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I don't think Maitland have ever won the grand final
    Premiers yes but never champions to my knowledge.
    That is a crazy stat.

  16. #816
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Agree, referees all over the world get decisions wrong. As a whole refereeing this season in NPL has been poor, better refs going around in ZPL
    ZPL were privileged to have an NPL ref for the GF and he let go a worse tackle than what Papas did.
    It's football, not s***er!!

  17. #817
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    I'm glad to see Zac's red card wiped.
    This is why the refereeing standard is so poor, irrespective of what happened before, when is receiving a red card for running 30/40m to lay a hand on an opposing player a clear and obvious error. The match officials on the review panel that revoked the red card are just as bad. And by the way, when is Pappas,s tackle not a red card. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the standard of refereeing is poor across the whole competition.

  18. #818
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,630
    Refereeing is subjective. There’s very few objective decisions and it’s mostly interpretation of incidents.
    If you and 9 mates sat down and watched any game, I bet there will be some people who think there’s a foul, if it’s a yellow, if it’s a red or play on.
    Referees aren’t robots. The elite referees make decisions that are questioned and many think are incorrect. Watch an EPL game, World Cup game, a league game, there’s a few decisions each and every game that as a spectator you think “pffft wtf are they watching”.

    Having had the luxury of sitting on a lounge, multiple replays in slow motion, trying to zoom in and watch the 30 seconds prior to the incident, sure maybe there’s a few things that another referee could have done. But also, I don’t think any decisions could be chalked off as obvious error. Depending upon the charge reports Eg if the report says there was a punch and replays show no punch. (Just an example).

    The first tackle from Pappas, could be called, but also, from the angle of the referee and the way the ball comes out, Pappas also does a good job of implying it was a clean tackle with his spray post tackle. I can see how it wasn’t given. Wouldn’t Have a problem if it was.
    Maitland then have a crack at a tackle, that could be deemed a foul or play on.
    Then the Pappas tackle. Referee recognises that it was a foul, calls it’s immediately, runs to the scene, issues the yellow card and most people acknowledge the situation is under control.
    After all this, the Maitland player arrives and pushes the player who ends up on the ground (I’m still unsure whether it was milked or if he just got pushed unexpected and off balance as he’s midstep), regardless player ends up on ground and a melee ensues. The push aggravates the situation.
    The referees all ponder the incident, they take their time, they discuss what they saw in the moment ( without luxury of replays or a good camera angle). And they make a decision.
    The Bar TV commentary team ponder whether a red card will be given or not. The fact they even bring up whether it’s a red card or not, especially before the replay is shown, kind of justifies why it was being considered by the referee, who again, has no replays.

    There’s lots of calls in this period that individually could have gone a number of ways. If he gives a red for the Pappas challenge, I think we are here having the same debate about whether that’s a red card. Some will be saying it is, some will be saying it’s not. Differences in opinion.


    The respect we have for our officials in football is terrible. Stems from EPL and elite leagues down. It’s a culture and code issue. I don’t think there’s another code that gets away with giving the officials so much crap for decisions.

  19. #819
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Refereeing is subjective. Thereís very few objective decisions and itís mostly interpretation of incidents.
    If you and 9 mates sat down and watched any game, I bet there will be some people who think thereís a foul, if itís a yellow, if itís a red or play on.
    Referees arenít robots. The elite referees make decisions that are questioned and many think are incorrect. Watch an EPL game, World Cup game, a league game, thereís a few decisions each and every game that as a spectator you think ďpffft wtf are they watchingĒ.

    Having had the luxury of sitting on a lounge, multiple replays in slow motion, trying to zoom in and watch the 30 seconds prior to the incident, sure maybe thereís a few things that another referee could have done. But also, I donít think any decisions could be chalked off as obvious error. Depending upon the charge reports Eg if the report says there was a punch and replays show no punch. (Just an example).

    The first tackle from Pappas, could be called, but also, from the angle of the referee and the way the ball comes out, Pappas also does a good job of implying it was a clean tackle with his spray post tackle. I can see how it wasnít given. Wouldnít Have a problem if it was.
    Maitland then have a crack at a tackle, that could be deemed a foul or play on.
    Then the Pappas tackle. Referee recognises that it was a foul, calls itís immediately, runs to the scene, issues the yellow card and most people acknowledge the situation is under control.
    After all this, the Maitland player arrives and pushes the player who ends up on the ground (Iím still unsure whether it was milked or if he just got pushed unexpected and off balance as heís midstep), regardless player ends up on ground and a melee ensues. The push aggravates the situation.
    The referees all ponder the incident, they take their time, they discuss what they saw in the moment ( without luxury of replays or a good camera angle). And they make a decision.
    The Bar TV commentary team ponder whether a red card will be given or not. The fact they even bring up whether itís a red card or not, especially before the replay is shown, kind of justifies why it was being considered by the referee, who again, has no replays.

    Thereís lots of calls in this period that individually could have gone a number of ways. If he gives a red for the Pappas challenge, I think we are here having the same debate about whether thatís a red card. Some will be saying it is, some will be saying itís not. Differences in opinion.


    The respect we have for our officials in football is terrible. Stems from EPL and elite leagues down. Itís a culture and code issue. I donít think thereís another code that gets away with giving the officials so much crap for decisions.
    What about the angle of the senior lineman who was also right there? I was 80m watching with a few mates all neutral supporters and were all were amazed it was let go. As someone said earlier if that very clear and obvious foul gets correctly picked up then you donít get any of the nonsense that happened after it.

  20. #820
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,630
    Quote Originally Posted by FairPlay2022 View Post
    What about the angle of the senior lineman who was also right there? I was 80m watching with a few mates all neutral supporters and were all were amazed it was let go. As someone said earlier if that very clear and obvious foul gets correctly picked up then you don’t get any of the nonsense that happened after it.
    The last foul gets pulled up and the nonsense still ensues.

    Also, being 80m away doesn’t really help your case that you could see something more clearly than 2 officials that were closer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •