Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by FairPlay2022 View Post
    What about the angle of the senior lineman who was also right there? I was 80m watching with a few mates all neutral supporters and were all were amazed it was let go. As someone said earlier if that very clear and obvious foul gets correctly picked up then you don’t get any of the nonsense that happened after it.
    The last foul gets pulled up and the nonsense still ensues.

Also, being 80m away doesn’t really help your case that you could see something more clearly than 2 officials that were closer.

What about the angle of the senior lineman who was also right there? I was 80m watching with a few mates all neutral supporters and were all were amazed it was let go. As someone said earlier if that very clear and obvious foul gets correctly picked up then you don’t get any of the nonsense that happened after it.
    The tackle on Kale before the first Pappas tackle I think is a foul too. So both of Pappas's tackles don't exist if that's a foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    The last foul gets pulled up and the nonsense still ensues.

Also, being 80m away doesn’t really help your case that you could see something more clearly than 2 officials that were closer.
    Think you’ve missed my point completely. If the original foul gets called up I doubt everyone comes running in at all. Because several fouls weren’t given in a row emotions boiled over and that’s what caused the players to run in.

It 100% helps my case. I was 80m away and thought it was a clear foul and the replays confirm I was indeed correct. The fact the two officials missed it is ridiculous.

Think you’ve missed my point completely. If the original foul gets called up I doubt everyone comes running in at all. Because several fouls weren’t given in a row emotions boiled over and that’s what caused the players to run in.

It 100% helps my case. I was 80m away and thought it was a clear foul and the replays confirm I was indeed correct. The fact the two officials missed it is ridiculous.
    The fourth official Higgins was the most senior referee and wasn't consulted at all and probably had the best view of both incidents

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Refereeing is subjective. There’s very few objective decisions and it’s mostly interpretation of incidents.
    If you and 9 mates sat down and watched any game, I bet there will be some people who think there’s a foul, if it’s a yellow, if it’s a red or play on.
    Referees aren’t robots. The elite referees make decisions that are questioned and many think are incorrect. Watch an EPL game, World Cup game, a league game, there’s a few decisions each and every game that as a spectator you think “pffft wtf are they watching”.

Having had the luxury of sitting on a lounge, multiple replays in slow motion, trying to zoom in and watch the 30 seconds prior to the incident, sure maybe there’s a few things that another referee could have done. But also, I don’t think any decisions could be chalked off as obvious error. Depending upon the charge reports Eg if the report says there was a punch and replays show no punch. (Just an example).

The first tackle from Pappas, could be called, but also, from the angle of the referee and the way the ball comes out, Pappas also does a good job of implying it was a clean tackle with his spray post tackle. I can see how it wasn’t given. Wouldn’t Have a problem if it was.
    Maitland then have a crack at a tackle, that could be deemed a foul or play on.
    Then the Pappas tackle. Referee recognises that it was a foul, calls it’s immediately, runs to the scene, issues the yellow card and most people acknowledge the situation is under control.
    After all this, the Maitland player arrives and pushes the player who ends up on the ground (I’m still unsure whether it was milked or if he just got pushed unexpected and off balance as he’s midstep), regardless player ends up on ground and a melee ensues. The push aggravates the situation.
    The referees all ponder the incident, they take their time, they discuss what they saw in the moment ( without luxury of replays or a good camera angle). And they make a decision.
    The Bar TV commentary team ponder whether a red card will be given or not. The fact they even bring up whether it’s a red card or not, especially before the replay is shown, kind of justifies why it was being considered by the referee, who again, has no replays.

There’s lots of calls in this period that individually could have gone a number of ways. If he gives a red for the Pappas challenge, I think we are here having the same debate about whether that’s a red card. Some will be saying it is, some will be saying it’s not. Differences in opinion.

The respect we have for our officials in football is terrible. Stems from EPL and elite leagues down. It’s a culture and code issue. I don’t think there’s another code that gets away with giving the officials so much crap for decisions.

Still no explanation as to how the red card was rescinded for what was deemed a clear an obvious error. How can a player running 30/40m to lay a hand (irrespective of the amount of contact) on an opposing player be seen as a clear and obvious error.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Still no explanation as to how the red card was rescinded for what was deemed a clear an obvious error. How can a player running 30/40m to lay a hand (irrespective of the amount of contact) on an opposing player be seen as a clear and obvious error.
    I’m not familiar with how appeals work.
    As you say, if he was sent off for running in and pushing the player to the ground….then i agree, I don’t see how it can be overturned.

I’m a little curious as to what would happen if he was sent for a ‘striking’ action (send off report would mention a punch thrown or something like that) and obviously the video shows there was no punch. I wonder if that would be grounds to overturn a red card.

Gotta love the subjectivity and interpretation of laws of the game.
    Even the “black and white” stuff like is the ball over the line, is it a handball or is it offside can be interpreted differently.

The referees report suggested contact with face/ head of Papas which on video review was deemed to be “light contact with the chest”. Additionally the report suggested ZT stomped on Papas which did not occur based on video review.

Running in does not constitute violent conduct hence decision from the appeal panel of “clear and obvious error”.

NB running in not condoned but in isolation is not a send off offence.

SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:
    - denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a handball offence (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area)
    - denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)
    - serious foul play
    - biting or spitting at someone
    - violent conduct (see below)
    - using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or action(s)
    - receiving a second caution in the same match
    - entering the video operation room (VOR)
    A player, substitute or substituted player who has been sent off must leave the vicinity of the field of play and the technical area.

VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

Heard Keanu Moore walked the real love boat plank can anyone confirm?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Once played View Post
    Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.
    So ref got it right. Too bad so sad. Magpies busted 3 in a row.
    Couldnt happen to a nicer pack on the northern fence

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post

*Didn’t get it right according to the appeals panel who reviewed the video and applied the laws of the game (admittedly with way more time and evidence to review than was possible in the key moment during the game) 🤷🏻

2 premierships.. that what counts
    Don’t see any other league in the world that has grand finals you numpty

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    A League, the country we live in lol

Quote Originally Posted by Allday View Post
    A League, the country we live in lol
    I rest my case

See Bobby naoumov has left Jaffas ! Next stop Azzurri? Who else will he take from Jaffas to Azzurri??

Quote Originally Posted by Mad with football View Post
    See Bobby naoumov has left Jaffas ! Next stop Azzurri? Who else will he take from Jaffas to Azzurri??
    James Pascoe is coaching at Azzurri

Quote Originally Posted by Once played View Post
    The referees report suggested contact with face/ head of Papas which on video review was deemed to be “light contact with the chest”. Additionally the report suggested ZT stomped on Papas which did not occur based on video review.

Running in does not constitute violent conduct hence decision from the appeal panel of “clear and obvious error”.

NB running in not condoned but in isolation is not a send off offence.

SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:
    - denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a handball offence (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area)
    - denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)
    - serious foul play
    - biting or spitting at someone
    - violent conduct (see below)
    - using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or action(s)
    - receiving a second caution in the same match
    - entering the video operation room (VOR)
    A player, substitute or substituted player who has been sent off must leave the vicinity of the field of play and the technical area.

VIOLENT CONDUCT

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.
    Thanks for the explanation, based on what I have seen on bar tv this year there has been a lot of red card decisions that have been clear and obvious errors by the referees.

Thanks for the explanation Once played.

How do you get "use of or attempt to use excessive force or brutality" from running over to someone. Red cards flying around like confetti if that was the case. Standard practice to run in and argue with the ref.
    Another year, another asterisk.

I hope your signing up to be a ref next year, with your eagle vision, it would certainly increase the quality of the refs and none of your decisions would ever be questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Every other NPL in Australia, A-League, MLS (though they call them play-offs), CSL just to start with for other leagues in the world that has grand finals.