Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    How do you get "use of or attempt to use excessive force or brutality" from running over to someone. Red cards flying around like confetti if that was the case. Standard practice to run in and argue with the ref.
    Another year, another asterisk.
    He didn't run in and argue with the ref. He ran in and raised his hand as though he was pushing the player. The player fell down crying out and in that split second looked like he ran in and used force to push over the player. Good for us to see it from a different angle, slow it down, rewatch it again and again. Seen these get red cards in professional leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    James Pascoe is coaching at Azzurri
    Pascoe will not have Bobby at Azzurri guaranteed.

I expect Shane Pryce to be sacked at Jaffas on the same tune. Both Bobby and Shane are poor coaches from all reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Every other NPL in Australia, A-League, MLS (though they call them play-offs), CSL just to start with for other leagues in the world that has grand finals.
    I thought you might of mentioned a league people care about.

Every other NPL in Australia, A-League, MLS (though they call them play-offs), CSL just to start with for other leagues in the world that has grand finals.
    lol
    all the top leagues in the world, love the 2nd chance draw GF.
    all the shit leagues in the world, play 1st to the top, at end of season

He didn't run in and argue with the ref. He ran in and raised his hand as though he was pushing the player. The player fell down crying out and in that split second looked like he ran in and used force to push over the player. Good for us to see it from a different angle, slow it down, rewatch it again and again. Seen these get red cards in professional leagues.
    The point being, if the refs allow players to run in and argue with them, why would running and arguing with another player be deemed as worse.
    Certainly refs can get it wrong and this is not the poorest call I've seen, but it was the wrong decision as proven by the judiciary, so those arguing it was justified should think again.

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    lol
    all the top leagues in the world, love the 2nd chance draw GF.
    all the shit leagues in the world, play 1st to the top, at end of season
    And? That's not what the poster said

The point being, if the refs allow players to run in and argue with them, why would running and arguing with another player be deemed as worse.
    Why are you trying to make this point? None of this happened is what the red card was shown for

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Pascoe will not have Bobby at Azzurri guaranteed.

I expect Shane Pryce to be sacked at Jaffas on the same tune. Both Bobby and Shane are poor coaches from all reports.
    Shane has been show the door apparently with tanch coaching jaffas in 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Allday View Post
    wow
    what a alternative?????????

Why are you trying to make this point? None of this happened is what the red card was shown for
    You, along with many others, are making an issue of "running in", which isn't an offence, but the only thing that can be agreed upon.
    No actual offence was committed, that's why red card wiped. Happy to help explain things for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Allday View Post
    Wow the 2 just shown the door must be pretty bad 😲

You, along with many others, are making an issue of "running in", which isn't an offence, but the only thing that can be agreed upon.
    No actual offence was committed, that's why red card wiped. Happy to help explain things for you.
    You are the only one bringing up running in to argue with the ref which isn't what happened.

I am not arguing if it was an offence or not but rather why the ref did what he did. Happy to explain things for you

Running in, is not an offence. If he runs in and stands there he doesn’t get sent off. I mention he “runs in” because he travels at least 20 metres, arrives well after the referee has given a yellow card to the offence and at this point, everyone is moving on. Then he arrives and pushes the player who falls.

Last time I checked, if a player “pushes” an opponent, it is a direct free kick, so pushing an opponent is an offence.
    Pushing a player, who falls and ends up at the bottom of a melee could definitely be seen an endangering player safety.

My opinion, I’m okay with a yellow being given for the incident. But I’m responding to people saying this ref should never ref another game because of this decision. I’m providing perspective on how he may have reached that decision.

As has been mentioned, there seems to be a discrepancy between what the report says and what the footage shows. I think, to the letter of the law, you could send somebody off for confronting a player and pushing them to the ground in a violent manner.
    If the send off was due to a “punch” that never happened, or a stomp that never happened, im okay with it being rescinded.
    If it’s because the panel deemed that there was not excessive force, I’m also okay with that.

I only offered my 2 cents when there’s calls for a referee to hand in his license because of one call that some people disagree with. I don’t defend every decision referees make, but I’ll always advocate for treating them with respect and acknowledging those that give up their time to allow games to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Running in, is not an offence. If he runs in and stands there he doesn’t get sent off. I mention he “runs in” because he travels at least 20 metres, arrives well after the referee has given a yellow card to the offence and at this point, everyone is moving on. Then he arrives and pushes the player who falls.

Last time I checked, if a player “pushes” an opponent, it is a direct free kick, so pushing an opponent is an offence.
    Pushing a player, who falls and ends up at the bottom of a melee could definitely be seen an endangering player safety.

My opinion, I’m okay with a yellow being given for the incident. But I’m responding to people saying this ref should never ref another game because of this decision. I’m providing perspective on how he may have reached that decision.

As has been mentioned, there seems to be a discrepancy between what the report says and what the footage shows. I think, to the letter of the law, you could send somebody off for confronting a player and pushing them to the ground in a violent manner.
    If the send off was due to a “punch” that never happened, or a stomp that never happened, im okay with it being rescinded.
    If it’s because the panel deemed that there was not excessive force, I’m also okay with that.

I only offered my 2 cents when there’s calls for a referee to hand in his license because of one call that some people disagree with. I don’t defend every decision referees make, but I’ll always advocate for treating them with respect and acknowledging those that give up their time to allow games to happen.
    Correct me if I’m wrong but the review panels decision to rescind the red card for minimal contact tells me a player is within his right to run in from distance and incite conflict provided he only uses minimal contact.

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    Wow the 2 just shown the door must be pretty bad 😲
    If Tanj going to Jaffas - who is going to cookers ? These 1st grade coaches just go on a merry go round , time for clubs to take chances on different coaches

I saw Maitland promoting Graham Law is heading up a ‘Academy’ for them ? Wait until they see they chaos he can bring -fun and games

Quote Originally Posted by Mad with football View Post
    If Tanj going to Jaffas - who is going to cookers ? These 1st grade coaches just go on a merry go round , time for clubs to take chances on different coaches
    Problem is there are only a certain few coaches with the right tickets. There’s plenty of coaches out there that are good enough to be coaching at the level it’s just the ridiculous cost to go and get the tickets that stops them from doing so. Whilst I see some point in the tickets and having restrictions, it does cause this merry go round that is always happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad with football View Post
    I saw Maitland promoting Graham Law is heading up a ‘Academy’ for them ? Wait until they see they chaos he can bring -fun and games
    Maitland are well aware of Grahame as he coached there before so your post doesn’t make sense, you seem to have something against him, did he not pick you or something

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Maitland are well aware of Grahame as he coached there before so your post doesn’t make sense, you seem to have something against him, did he not pick you or something
    Law returning to Cook's Hill

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Law returning to Cook's Hill
    What happened to the big rumour that McBreen reunites with Deans at Cooks Hill and the Jets Youth follow in droves? Set up nicely now.