Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 HIT Northern League One

2022 HIT Northern League One

No Byes! a real comp

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    No Byes! a real comp
    unless, as per Northern's rules, a club gets booted for not fielding sufficient teams across all grades. Wait, what am I saying, it will never happen.

No byes! A real comp
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Not many more byes for long, supposedly Northern has told New Lamtbon they are going to be promoted within a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Not many more byes for long, supposedly Northern has told New Lamtbon they are going to be promoted within a couple years.
    I heard that as well. Some team might have to drop for that

Toronto Awaba have recruited very well this year, Scott Smith and Pete McPherson, two big names.

Quote Originally Posted by giroudawakening View Post
    toronto awaba have recruited very well this year, scott smith and pete mcpherson, two big names.
    great pick up
    any new signings elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Giroudawakening View Post
    Toronto Awaba have recruited very well this year, Scott Smith and Pete McPherson, two big names.
    If Scott Smith can stay on the park. Then he’s outstanding signing

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    If Scott Smith can stay on the park. Then he’s outstanding signing
    Was always going to finish at the stags, IMO, with one cousin on coaching staff and another playing first grade out there and his whole family having some association with the stags, too bad Azzurri didn”t give the bloke a fitting send off with I’m guessing 250 games and 150-200 goals for the club ?. Stags are very happy the experience he will bring, heard he was bantering with the young blokes at training for not keeping up with him, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Was always going to finish at the stags, IMO, with one cousin on coaching staff and another playing first grade out there and his whole family having some association with the stags, too bad Azzurri didn”t give the bloke a fitting send off with I’m guessing 250 games and 150-200 goals for the club ?. Stags are very happy the experience he will bring, heard he was bantering with the young blokes at training for not keeping up with him, haha.
    Good point Go Away. He is a legend of the club and just cut loose without a fitting send off

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Good point Go Away. He is a legend of the club and just cut loose without a fitting send off
    Could be wrong but given life membership @ Azzurri few season ago from memory. Sad if he was pushed

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    The competition was canned with 3 games to go, how can you say he wasn’t given a send off, your guessing is consistent, rubbish statement again

Word is that a couple of clubs can't field teams in all grades.
    Want to bet Northern won't do anything beyond wringing their hands?

Not good enough.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post

Not good enough.
    What clubs and teams

Darren Stewart Cup day is back on this Saturday at Lyall Peacock with Toronto vs Apia 20s followed by Magic vs Apia 1sts. All proceeds going to beyond blue. Should be a great day

Not good enough.

When will you guys and Northern realise that the numbers and quality aren’t there in Newcastle youth. You seem a bit pressed about clubs not being able to fill teams in all grades? It’s about time they make it U/12’s, 14’s, 16’s and 18’s have teams for every second age so teams aren’t getting spanked 10+ each week. That doesn’t help anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    When will you guys and Northern realise that the numbers and quality aren’t there in Newcastle youth. You seem a bit pressed about clubs not being able to fill teams in all grades? It’s about time they make it U/12’s, 14’s, 16’s and 18’s have teams for every second age so teams aren’t getting spanked 10+ each week. That doesn’t help anyone
    I agree that the quality isn't there...yet. I am not sure that I agree with the two year groupings, but will give it some thought.

Competition rules apparently say field teams in all grades or you are gone. Northern has let it slide year after year. What message does that send?

The questions to ask are:
    Are the clubs that can't field teams really taking their responsibilities seriously?
    What hope / future do clubs have that can't raise juniors? If you have no kids, where will your senior teams come from?
    Why can't they raise teams?
    Why have two premier comps if there aren't enough premier players?
    What is the point of NL1? No promotion, no relegation, higher fess than community league etc etc

Youth players will again have limited competitions this year after paying high than community fees. Not much "premier" about this.

I agree that the quality isn't there...yet. I am not sure that I agree with the two year groupings, but will give it some thought.

Competition rules apparently say field teams in all grades or you are gone. Northern has let it slide year after year. What message does that send?

The questions to ask are:
    Are the clubs that can't field teams really taking their responsibilities seriously?
    What hope / future do clubs have that can't raise juniors? If you have no kids, where will your senior teams come from?
    Why can't they raise teams?
    Why have two premier comps if there aren't enough premier players?
    What is the point of NL1? No promotion, no relegation, higher fess than community league etc etc

Youth players will again have limited competitions this year after paying high than community fees. Not much "premier" about this.
    With more clubs being pushed into NPL and some clubs continually not having some youth teams, NL1 youth on its own is a farce.

Can they split youth into say 3 grades of 8 teams in each age group and promote and relegate according to where they finish. That way an "NL1" team that has one strong age group can stay at the club but still compete with stronger NPL clubs.
    Last edited by finzee; 02-02-2022 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    With more clubs being pushed into NPL and some clubs continually not having some youth teams NL1 youth on its own is a farce.

Can they split youth into say 3 grades of 8 teams in each age group and promote and relegate according to where they finish. That way an "NL1" team that has one strong age group can stay at the club but still compete with stronger NPL clubs.
    That's exactly what they should do, also means the weaker NPL youth teams will play against other teams of a similar competition every week and be challenged. If a NL1 youth side wins it all they get promoted and get to go against other clubs. You could see New Lambton and Belswans youth in top division with Lakes and Adamstown in second.

In terms of NL1 teams beating NPL clubs, yes it does happen and indeed happened this past weekend. The sooner Northern separate the youth comps from the seniors into three tiers with promotion and relegation the better it will be for all the players. And actually force struggling NPL clubs to improve what they provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    That's exactly what they should do, also means the weaker NPL youth teams will play against other teams of a similar competition every week and be challenged. If a NL1 youth side wins it all they get promoted and get to go against other clubs. You could see New Lambton and Belswans youth in top division with Lakes and Adamstown in second.

In terms of NL1 teams beating NPL clubs, yes it does happen and indeed happened this past weekend. The sooner Northern separate the youth comps from the seniors into three tiers with promotion and relegation the better it will be for all the players. And actually force struggling NPL clubs to improve what they provide.
    I love this idea and hate the fact that many posters on here can see it but the people in charge cant.My son is playing for one of the NPL teams that will be somewhere in the middle this year.It probably means he will cop some floggings and dish out some floggings.I would much rather he be in a 2nd tier of teams that play similar level and earn their way up each year.I would also hope that all NL1 clubs are made to run the JDL program from 9's,even if it is just one team per age,in order to bring through a good group of kids every year that hopefully remain loyal and then work their way up the youth pyramid.While ever teams are grabbing community kids and expecting them to go up against JDL kids in 13's the imbalance will always be there.And im not talking about wins and losses either,im talking about continued development of more kids from an earlier age instead of asking Magic/Olympic/Maitland to just have 4 JDL teams and let everyone else pick their castoffs at the end.NNSW has to work with every club under their umbrella in order to get more kids playing and encouraging development.And I know JDL isnt the answer to everything but it is the best product we have at the moment and implementing that to a wider audience is better than blaming clubs at the back end when they cant field teams because their players leave for so called greener pastures.