Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

So everyone loves to talk about us but who have the suns brought in this year? With some of the big names leaving that would free up some of their transfer budget for a blockbuster signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    It's obviously to prevent time wasting substituations and will probably be at the discretion of the referees.
    They should just allow the interchange of players to happen without there being a stoppage in play, as long as the linesman is notified.
    That could get really messy....I think we need to protect the fabric of the game, that is a substitution can only happen with a stoppage of play. I can see what your trying to achieve, to keep the game flowing but this isn't the solution.

I'm against the changes for a few reasons, but basically I don't see the need for change. Unlimited interchange will slow the game down, that is a fact. I liked before that we had limits on interchanges, it provided structure. Now teams will just make interchanges for the sake of making them.

The 10 minute rule makes sense but could favour a team. What if you play a game with a massive southerly behind you. The opposition in the first half now will take every opportunity to slow the game up. But in the second half for the final 10 minutes that can't happen. Some call it gamesmanship others call it cheating, either way it's not even for both teams.

For mine, I would like to see interchange windows. Every lowest grade gets 3 or 4 windows per match to use at their choice. I have heard they do this in the ACT? 2 windows per half if that's easier for the officials.

During these windows teams can substitute multiple players, So there is flexibility.
    So we aren't waisting any more time that was happening last year, but there is that flexibility for greater player interchanges. Win / win I reckon for people that wanted the change to the unlimited and for those that support last year's system.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    That could get really messy....I think we need to protect the fabric of the game, that is a substitution can only happen with a stoppage of play. I can see what your trying to achieve, to keep the game flowing but this isn't the solution.

I'm against the changes for a few reasons, but basically I don't see the need for change. Unlimited interchange will slow the game down, that is a fact. I liked before that we had limits on interchanges, it provided structure. Now teams will just make interchanges for the sake of making them.

The 10 minute rule makes sense but could favour a team. What if you play a game with a massive southerly behind you. The opposition in the first half now will take every opportunity to slow the game up. But in the second half for the final 10 minutes that can't happen. Some call it gamesmanship others call it cheating, either way it's not even for both teams.

For mine, I would like to see interchange windows. Every lowest grade gets 3 or 4 windows per match to use at their choice. I have heard they do this in the ACT? 2 windows per half if that's easier for the officials.

During these windows teams can substitute multiple players, So there is flexibility.
    So we aren't waisting any more time that was happening last year, but there is that flexibility for greater player interchanges. Win / win I reckon for people that wanted the change to the unlimited and for those that support last year's system.
    I like this idea, probably 2 interchange windows per half, surely this could keep everyone happy? No extra time waisting and the unfit guys that wanted the unlimited interchange, could use every window to come off the park or go back on plus the half time break.

The 10 minute rule isn't even to both teams as it isn't for both halves. So this is not fair, simple.

Quote Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    So everyone loves to talk about us but who have the suns brought in this year? With some of the big names leaving that would free up some of their transfer budget for a blockbuster signing.
    who is us???

My thoughts

1: how about 3 subs all interchange, no matter what time of game.
    2: or how about we just go with 3 subs like the other grades, stuff interchange altogether.

This is the best idea that I have seen for the subs issue but cap it at 3 or 4 sub players

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    who is us???
    I’m pretty sure that no ones talked about who any club has picked up.

I'm impressed with how long we have gone without another boring post with the same old narrative. How self absorbed you must be. No one has been talking about signings and definitely no one from our club.
    I don't know who 'us' is, but you are the one who seems to love talking about a specific club. You're not interested in Kotara, Westlakes, Warner's Bay? Just Suns is it.. Thanks for the compliment.

Have a nice day mate.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    This is the best idea that I have seen for the subs issue but cap it at 3 or 4 sub players
    Yeah I'm happy with that, 4 windows ,2 per half to help the officials. And 4 interchange players on bench. So a squad of 15 for the match, 16 is getting too many.

The new rules are going to be a nightmare for the coaches

I'm impressed with how long we have gone without another boring post with the same old narrative. How self absorbed you must be. No one has been talking about signings and definitely no one from our club.
    I don't know who 'us' is, but you are the one who seems to love talking about a specific club. You're not interested in Kotara, Westlakes, Warner's Bay? Just Suns is it.. Thanks for the compliment.

Have a nice day mate.
    We dont want the Suns sobfest just answer the question.

waiting for us......

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    We dont want the Suns sobfest just answer the question.
    The only person sobbing was old mate that has had his club talked about too much in his eyes.

Enjoy your day also
    It's football, not s***er!!

The only person sobbing was old mate that has had his club talked about too much in his eyes.

Enjoy your day also
    Still waiting to see who Davo has stolen and taken to Cardiff with him heard Cardiff are paying some players a fair bit of Coin this season will be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Thang View Post
    Still waiting to see who Davo has stolen and taken to Cardiff with him heard Cardiff are paying some players a fair bit of Coin this season will be interesting
    nice try dickhead, go troll your trash somewhere else.
    Yes we pay some regos, always have, always will, just like everyone else does.

cheers and have a nice day.....

Yeah I'm happy with that, 4 windows ,2 per half to help the officials. And 4 interchange players on bench. So a squad of 15 for the match, 16 is getting too many.

The new rules are going to be a nightmare for the coaches
    head knock will override all rules if you really need a change

Afternoon everyone,

Good chat as always......... but the question on everyone's lips is "Is there a tipping comp this season"?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Thang View Post
    Haha be careful mentioning coin mate you might feel the wrath of the Suns online keyboard warrior defence force. Not sure why they won’t just admit they pay these guys… worst kept secret in zone league footy

As for Davo leaving… he was a good coach for us but yes he has taken some players from the club. You pay the $$$ and you get the players that’s how it unfortunately works in this league. Some clubs worse than others I think…

Haha be careful mentioning coin mate you might feel the wrath of the Suns online keyboard warrior defence force. Not sure why they won’t just admit they pay these guys… worst kept secret in zone league footy

As for Davo leaving… he was a good coach for us but yes he has taken some players from the club. You pay the $$$ and you get the players that’s how it unfortunately works in this league. Some clubs worse than others I think…
    Can you highlight which "players".?????? whilst you troll your dribble...

Once again for those that missed it, we pay rego's for our top players, basically always have done that and that has never been a secret.
    If you want to throw our name into the "they pay players pot" go ahead, there's our admission for you so can you cross us off now.

But dont forget to answer the first question, "taken some players"

cheers enjoy your day

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Can you highlight which "players".?????? whilst you troll your dribble...

Once again for those that missed it, we pay rego's for our top players, basically always have done that and that has never been a secret.
    If you want to throw our name into the "they pay players pot" go ahead, there's our admission for you so can you cross us off now.

But dont forget to answer the first question, "taken some players"

cheers enjoy your day
    Gtg I think has just outed himself. Pretending to be from Dudley always stirring the Suns and carrying on like a pelican. Clearly he’s not from Dudley cause everyone in Dudley knows Davo took zero players. So well done gtg keep being a shit stirrer least we now know the truth

Can’t see any games getting on this weekend with more rain predicted? How are clubs grounds holding up…