Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Or how many want to ��*♂️
    This. My guess is zero want the hassle. Why would they?

Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    This. My guess is zero want the hassle. Why would they?
    Look at FFA cup results and excluding NL and Belswans whey would a club want to go up to a poorer standard of football

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    How many are even realistic options unless they remove the junior club requirements?
    Forget about the junior requirement as it’s getting decoupled, big chance a few clubs will drop back to zone, pretty sure they’ve had a gut full, stay tuned

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Forget about the junior requirement as it’s getting decoupled, big chance a few clubs will drop back to zone, pretty sure they’ve had a gut full, stay tuned
    I’m sure someone will shit can me but anyway….

There’s some clubs in NL1 that want to be NPL standard & will work hard to make the standard from u9 to 1st grade.
    There’s some clubs in NL1 that are happy where they are and do the youth and JDL/youth thing to tick the box
    There’s some clubs in zone league that aren’t having a bar if the “elite” pathway, know that competitive footballers will come out of community football & others will be churned out of NPL/nl1, along with clubs developing their community pathways.

The thing about football is that it’s big enough to accomodate all of that, plus community football (aA/o35). The biggest problem with football in the region is the lack of structure that leads to the empire building that zones, clubs & northern all try to achieve individually but refuse to collaborate on. If they all worked together instead of fighting each other, progress might just follow

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Can't understand why anyone from ZPL would want to go up to a higher grade. I think ZPL is in as strong a place as it has ever been. It's evident that not everyone wants to be playing at the higher level with that commitment and happy to play with mates in a very competive league.
    I'm sure every club is in the same boat, where there is just a few people that all the work for the running of clubs. Volunteers are getting harder and harder to find. The expectations and demand for NPL is now becomming a joke where it could sadly end up like Sydney and Melburne where you need to start paying volunteers to run the clubs.
    correct my friend

Dudley 3-1 in Firsts against Suns. Suns were second best all game imo. Credit to Dudley
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Dudley 3-1 in Firsts against Suns. Suns were second best all game imo. Credit to Dudley
    Well put we definitely dominated. Hopefully we can turn this into a decent run to end the season. Wasn’t super impressed by the suns today but considering how far ahead they are I don’t think they’ll be too worried about the result (or my opinion).

Went from no game or training for 4 weeks and then third game in 6 days. Won’t see us play a poorer game this season.
    It's football, not s***er!!

cardiff v warners bay
    3rds 2-1
    reg 1-3
    1st 2-3

Swansea v Mayfield results?

Quote Originally Posted by ha'way the lads View Post
    Swansea v Mayfield results?
    5 - 3 to Mayfield.

Mayfield were up 5 - 0.

Quote Originally Posted by NUGUNS View Post
    5 - 3 to Mayfield.

Mayfield were up 5 - 0.
    Swansea are in a bit of trouble which is a shame for usually such a strong club traditionally

C/Hill v Westlakes
    Athfield

3rds - forfeit (3-0 to C/Hill)
    Res 2-1
    1st 1-0 (0-0)
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Kotara vs. Azzurri

1sts: 1-2 (HT 1-0)
    Res: 0-1 (HT 0-0)
    3rds: 1-2 (HT 0-0)

Quote Originally Posted by salmon View Post
    Kotara vs. Azzurri

1sts: 1-2 (HT 1-0)
    Res: 0-1 (HT 0-0)
    3rds: 1-2 (HT 0-0)
    All 3 grades a massive arm wrestle.
    3rds decided by a late goal and some handy goalkeeping from Azzurri keeper.
    Azzurri Ressies dominated the first half and bit lacklustre second but got a very late winner to take the choccies home
    1sts very much a tale of 2 halves. Kotara dominated the first and Azzurri dominated the 2nd, an error from Kotara GK put Azzurri ahead who managed to grind out the result.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    C/Hill v Westlakes
    Athfield

3rds - forfeit (3-0 to C/Hill)
    Res 2-1
    1st 1-0 (0-0)
    Is this their second or third forfeit in 3rds for Westlakes. Not a good sign

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Is this their second or third forfeit in 3rds for Westlakes. Not a good sign
    It can be tough. When things don't go your way with regards to injuries and player availability, it tends to snowball and just get worse. With the flu season and covid still floating around, the stacked fixtures list, it's hard to deal with and manage injuries and everything else. Hopefully for them, it's something they can turn around.

We have been in that position before and I think it's better for everyone involved to bite the bullet on thirds and get two fit sides out on the park at least. Nothing worse than expecting 11 players to play two grades every week (or twice a week at the moment!).

Looking at their results, they have been competive in quite a lot of games, despite registering just one win. Although it's always best to get the games played, I don't think them forfeiting third grade does anything to question their commitment or the integrity of the competion.
    Last edited by Lofty; 01-08-2022 at 12:15 PM.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    It can be tough. When things don't go your way with regards to injuries and player availability, it tends to snowball and just get worse. With the flu season and covid still floating around, the stacked fixtures list, it's hard to deal with and manage injuries and everything else. Hopefully for them, it's something they can turn around.

We have been in that position before and I think it's better for everyone involved to bite the bullet on thirds and get two fit sides out on the park at least. Nothing worse than expecting 11 players to play two grades every week (or twice a week at the moment!).

Looking at their results, they have been competive in quite a lot of games, despite registering just one win. Although it's always best to get the games played, I don't think them forfeiting third grade does anything to question their commitment or the integrity of the competion.
    Pretty much summed it all up in one neat message Lofty.

It is our second forfeit in thirds the other was against Dudley.

Sunday games are always going to be a battle for us due to a high number having work commitments on that day so that they can be available on Saturday.

Add the COVID and Flu situation this year (not just for the player personally but being a big family club it’s also down to their kids being ill etc)

And as Lofty said it’s one thing to double up on a normal matchday weekend but when we have 3 midweek catch-ups in succession we can’t have guys doubling up. We already had a bunch play 2 games midweek and then again this weekend just to get the midweek games on and then it’ll be the same again this midweek most likely.

We go out of our way to use our multi registered players or bring our U17 up to get them used to the mens game so we can put out competitive sides every week.

Hopefully we can keep putting in competitive performances for the rest of the season especially with our Old Boys Day this weekend against the Suns 😊

Quote Originally Posted by WWFC25 View Post
    Pretty much summed it all up in one neat message Lofty.

It is our second forfeit in thirds the other was against Dudley.

Sunday games are always going to be a battle for us due to a high number having work commitments on that day so that they can be available on Saturday.

Add the COVID and Flu situation this year (not just for the player personally but being a big family club it’s also down to their kids being ill etc)

And as Lofty said it’s one thing to double up on a normal matchday weekend but when we have 3 midweek catch-ups in succession we can’t have guys doubling up. We already had a bunch play 2 games midweek and then again this weekend just to get the midweek games on and then it’ll be the same again this midweek most likely.

We go out of our way to use our multi registered players or bring our U17 up to get them used to the mens game so we can put out competitive sides every week.

Hopefully we can keep putting in competitive performances for the rest of the season especially with our Old Boys Day this weekend against the Suns 😊
    Great explanation. With make up games midweek how’s tha effect your numbers

Some guys have been doubling up midweek too, a handful will be playing their 5th game in 7 days tomorrow night.

For whatever reason, when it rains, it pours and we seem to either have 40 or 20 blokes available.

Dudley apparently back in form just in time to play us this week, good result for them over the weekend. Looking forward to see how the top 4 ends up and who can put it together in the finals.