Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Has there been any update on the outcome of Azzurri vs Westlakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    i can deny that, so which rumour you grabbing at plasto?

we had two on the bench due to 20 players unavailable last night, they got 20 mins each at the end, we also had 4 AA players play 3rds.
    why do you people throw this shit out there? FFS you want a bite come down tomorrow when 1st are playing and you can be like the Mayfield supporter last night who said when they were being beaten 6-1, how much did you pay the refs??? sorry Richo and Pete

maybe Mayfield were not good enough, they weren't good enough, they were given a lesson, plain and simple.

The 11 that started last night will be close enough to the 11 that will start v Dudley, the suspended captain to come into the side.
    We have 13 fully qualified reggies players, then we will 3rds to fill the gap.
    As i was told they supposedly had a few 3rd graders play as they wanted their bench fresh for tomorrow night's 1st grade game.
    Pretty confused by this one, you CAN deny it but then you had 2 on the bench? Doesn’t matter to me as the mighty panthers are basically onto a GF birth at this point. Just with all the Suns debacles surely no one is stacking teams a game out from the semis.

Quote Originally Posted by WWFC25 View Post
    1st Catch up
    Swansea 2 Azzurri 0
    So is that the top 4 in first grade set?

Also does that win push Swansea off the bottom of the table?

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    i can deny that, so which rumour you grabbing at plasto?

we had two on the bench due to 20 players unavailable last night, they got 20 mins each at the end, we also had 4 AA players play 3rds.
    why do you people throw this shit out there? FFS you want a bite come down tomorrow when 1st are playing and you can be like the Mayfield supporter last night who said when they were being beaten 6-1, how much did you pay the refs??? sorry Richo and Pete

maybe Mayfield were not good enough, they weren't good enough, they were given a lesson, plain and simple.

The 11 that started last night will be close enough to the 11 that will start v Dudley, the suspended captain to come into the side.
    We have 13 fully qualified reggies players, then we will 3rds to fill the gap.
    As i was told they supposedly had a few 3rd graders play as they wanted their bench fresh for tomorrow night's 1st grade game.
    Until you get into finals there are no players specifically assigned to any grade, it’s just a whole squad that you can choose from.

You play who’s available, if they happen to have played a bunch of first grade games this season good on them.

I’d hate to think a team would complain about 2 players out of the 11 they are versing as being the only reason they got beaten.

Sounds purely like Jardel says Cardiff wanted it more and were better than Mayfield.

So do Westlakes still have catch up games against Newcastle and Hamilton?
    Will these games be put down as 1-1 draws and save them from relegation?

Interesting times ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

There’s only so many days in the week.

At the end of the day, Swansea and westlakes played each other twice during the season and I’m fairly sure that Westlakes won both of those games.
    They both ended up on 9 points. H2H should always stand for more than GD anyway. I don’t think Swansea can complain too much about that.

Surely we can move on from all this ‘what if’ drama.

Semi finals this weekend, let’s focus on that please!
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    So do Westlakes still have catch up games against Newcastle and Hamilton?
    Will these games be put down as 1-1 draws and save them from relegation?

Interesting times ahead.
    Azzuri went down as a forfeit for us because we couldn’t get the numbers and allowed Azzurri to continue to attempt to make semis.

Suns went down as a 1-1 draw as there was no need to play it when it doesn’t affect the final standings for semis.

Only game left is 3rd grade Azzurri vs Westlakes to see if Azzurri make it into the 3rd grade finals.

Sadly not overly interesting

Move over Will McMaster theres a new Tarro Terminator in town and his name is Joshua Schumann. He was absolutely terrorising the opposition putting some real Pride in the Swansea jersey

Azzurri probably should have taken the 1-1 draw so they could be in a slightly better position

Suns went down as a 1-1 draw as there was no need to play it when it doesn’t affect the final standings for semis.
    Doesn't effect the Finals but it certainly effected the relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFan View Post
    Pretty confused by this one, you CAN deny it but then you had 2 on the bench? Doesn’t matter to me as the mighty panthers are basically onto a GF birth at this point. Just with all the Suns debacles surely no one is stacking teams a game out from the semis.
    well, if you want to call it stacking reggies, call it what you like, 2 off bench for 20mins, its totally legal, it's totally moral, it was already 7-1 when they came on, so go you mighty panthers if you can't beat them after that moral draining loss, that's on you.

Would you like a copy of the rules put up here again, just to prove it to you?

All i am doing is telling the truth, no smoke, no mirrors, no bullshit that seems to flow quite readily on this forum.

cheers

Azzuri went down as a forfeit for us because we couldn’t get the numbers and allowed Azzurri to continue to attempt to make semis.

Only game left is 3rd grade Azzurri vs Westlakes to see if Azzurri make it into the 3rd grade finals.

Sadly not overly interesting
    playing when???

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Doesn't effect the Finals but it certainly effected the relegation.
    Well the only thing you can blame is the weather. Suns and Westlakes we due to play on Saturday and were washed out.
    Monday - season extended.
    Tuesday - season brought back.
    That left Tuesday night (impossible), Wednesday night and Thursday night to organise Suns to play out at Westlakes.
    We have a semi final coming up and to be honest, if we were somehow forced to play, we would have forfeited or it would have been a team somehow made up of players not playing this weekend, if that would even be possible.

The wet weather this year has led to this. You can’t start pointing the finger now with all that has happened the last two days.

As I said before, westlakes beat Swansea twice during the season and played two less games than they did. Surely the carry on can just stop now.

What’s everyone’s finals predictions now?

Will Azzurri pinch the last spot in third grade tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Well the only thing you can blame is the weather. Suns and Westlakes we due to play on Saturday and were washed out.
    Monday - season extended.
    Tuesday - season brought back.
    That left Tuesday night (impossible), Wednesday night and Thursday night to organise Suns to play out at Westlakes.
    We have a semi final coming up and to be honest, if we were somehow forced to play, we would have forfeited or it would have been a team somehow made up of players not playing this weekend, if that would even be possible.

The wet weather this year has led to this. You can’t start pointing the finger now with all that has happened the last two days.

As I said before, westlakes beat Swansea twice during the season and played two less games than they did. Surely the carry on can just stop now.

What’s everyone’s finals predictions now?

Will Azzurri pinch the last spot in third grade tonight?
    They’ll need to be better than their 1sts last night.

That left Tuesday night (impossible)
    Not according to some

Mate, tell yourself whatever makes you feel better, but giving Westlakes a point and gifting them their position in ZPL for next year at the expense of Swansea is just not right, beat it up how you want, it is just not right!

Typical Suns making a mockery of the competition.

So here is a solution…… Why can’t there be a relegation playoff on grand final day between Swansea and Westlakes, kick off 9am before 3rd grade? Obviously hasn’t happened before but given the season from hell with the weather surely this is an option the fed could consider. Not only does this give both clubs a chance to earn their right to stay in the comp, it brings another 2 clubs supporters to GF day who in all likelihood wouldn’t attend otherwise! This concept could be applied in ZL 1 too for Merewether and Stockton!

Will it be the third grade or first grade playing tonight for the Azzurri V Wildcats? I know it's a scheduled thirds match, but which teams will play?

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post
    Will it be the third grade or first grade playing tonight for the Azzurri V Wildcats? I know it's a scheduled thirds match, but which teams will play?
    After Azzurri’s first grade played last night I’m sure they won’t play tonight and if they did and you played 3rds for them all year you would be pretty filthy if they did. If their 3rds can’t beat Westlakes they shouldn’t be in the semis

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    After Azzurri’s first grade played last night I’m sure they won’t play tonight and if they did and you played 3rds for them all year you would be pretty filthy if they did. If their 3rds can’t beat Westlakes they shouldn’t be in the semis
    100% agree, but this season has seen enough crazy things! It's sounding like a solid grudge match.

I mean Westalakes gave them a free 3 points, so I don't really understand the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Mate, tell yourself whatever makes you feel better, but giving Westlakes a point and gifting them their position in ZPL for next year at the expense of Swansea is just not right, beat it up how you want, it is just not right!

Typical Suns making a mockery of the competition.

So here is a solution…… Why can’t there be a relegation playoff on grand final day between Swansea and Westlakes, kick off 9am before 3rd grade? Obviously hasn’t happened before but given the season from hell with the weather surely this is an option the fed could consider. Not only does this give both clubs a chance to earn their right to stay in the comp, it brings another 2 clubs supporters to GF day who in all likelihood wouldn’t attend otherwise! This concept could be applied in ZL 1 too for Merewether and Stockton!
    Hoenstly, cry more and you might wash out some more games. I'm not sure when we were supposed to play. Do you fully understand how much the circumstances have changed over the last few days??

Do you think any other club in finals would be sending out their first grade team a few days out from the grand final qualifier mid week? Have no training and no preparation for the upcoming game? You are delusional.
    We had every intention to play the game, but you cannot avoid the weather events we have had and then the chopping and changing of the comp on Monday and Tuesday.

I can assure you that if Swansea's last game wasn't against Azzurri and it was Dudley or Warners Bay, there would have been a different situation.

Maybe you could ask the federation to reverse the forfeit on Westlakes in first grade and they can play Azzurri tonight in firsts also. Because that decision was very dodgy in itself.

The Suns are not the reason Swansea are bottom of the league. End of.

Was it 1-1 in all 3 grades for Westlakes v Suns? If Azzurri beat Westlakes tonight, means they go to 3rd above Suns in 3rd Grade if Westlakes were given the 3-0 forfeit
    Jaliens gives me the horn