Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    I've seen it happen in plenty of AA and O35 leagues. I'd wager lower level AA comps are the best on Newcastle based on that criteria.

You're continual bashing of NL1 and NPL is quite bizarre, did teams in those comps say you weren't good enough for them?
    Firstly how am I bashing the NPL competition? All ive said is that I believe the ZPL is the best football competition in Newcastle ironically in the ZPL thread. And my claims about NL1 aren’t so outlandish when you consider that 5 ZPL clubs in their pre season won their cup ties against opposition from that league.

What’s bizzare is why Northerns mule boy is posting in this thread looking to start arguments. Don’t forget to have Elands coffee on his desk by 9am sharp Monday morning. Run along now

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    You're continual bashing of NL1 and NPL is quite bizarre, did teams in those comps say you weren't good enough for them?
    bahahaha did you just pretend that those 2 leagues are elite??? This town is hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Firstly how am I bashing the NPL competition? All ive said is that I believe the ZPL is the best football competition in Newcastle ironically in the ZPL thread. And my claims about NL1 aren’t so outlandish when you consider that 5 ZPL clubs in their pre season won their cup ties against opposition from that league.
    Actually, as a competition, the NPL is one of the best regarding results being close. The level is hit n miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Leave my faithful squire be

However, I do think 6ish of the ZPL clubs could go into the NL1 two senior comps (rezzies & 1sts) and be competitive wouldn’t be better than NL or Belswans. Would be on par with the rest of the comp and would easily roll over Wallsend & Cessnock. I think some disrespect gets thrown down on ZPL & NL1 why can’t we just appreciate the quality in both ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Elland View Post
    However, I do think 6ish of the ZPL clubs could go into the NL1 two senior comps (rezzies & 1sts) and be competitive wouldn’t be better than NL or Belswans. Would be on par with the rest of the comp and would easily roll over Wallsend & Cessnock. I think some disrespect gets thrown down on ZPL & NL1 why can’t we just appreciate the quality in both ?
    Agreed, the only big difference between the two is squad depth. The juniors and young ‘guns’ coming through are much bigger in NL1 clubs. In terms of pure talent in starting XI I think ZPL out weighs majority of the NL1 competition. The quality is high in both and both should be supported quite appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Elland View Post
    I saw a trial match a year ago where not only did Dudley dominate which the score didn’t really reflect 2-1 win for dudley against belswans. I think their other grades were all also very competitive maybe Dudley won them also.

I have no history background of northern league one. But where some of the clubs are located geographically were always going to struggle, were they picked based on trying to spread football across the region?

Suns would probably be coming 2nd if they were in northern league one. I think playing on good pitches would help suns a lot more than some of the northern teams.

I personally think questions need to be asked about northern league one because it requires:
    Extensive coaching badges
    Training regimes
    Money in some cases
    Massive rego fees

Yet they’re closer to zone league quality than npl. Has a northern league 1 team ever beaten an npl team in an ffa cup game?

Since they’ve separated youth now in northern and nnsw npl the next step should be just having a 1st, ressies, 3rds format throughout the leagues to allow promotion and relegation. Good players skip ages groups anyhow so it’s pointless imo having 18s, 20’s first

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.beautiful View Post
    I saw a trial match a year ago where not only did Dudley dominate which the score didn’t really reflect 2-1 win for dudley against belswans. I think their other grades were all also very competitive maybe Dudley won them also.

I have no history background of northern league one. But where some of the clubs are located geographically were always going to struggle, were they picked based on trying to spread football across the region?

Suns would probably be coming 2nd if they were in northern league one. I think playing on good pitches would help suns a lot more than some of the northern teams.

I personally think questions need to be asked about northern league one because it requires:
    Extensive coaching badges
    Training regimes
    Money in some cases
    Massive rego fees

Yet they’re closer to zone league quality than npl. Has a northern league 1 team ever beaten an npl team in an ffa cup game?

Since they’ve separated youth now in northern and nnsw npl the next step should be just having a 1st, ressies, 3rds format throughout the leagues to allow promotion and relegation. Good players skip ages groups anyhow so it’s pointless imo having 18s, 20’s first
    Whoah careful now your comments and bashing of the NL1 competition are going to send GoatsFool into a state of rage. Just wind back a bit yeah.

For the record you make a lot of great points. Yes NL1 opposition have beaten ZPL teams in the cup in the past however more often than not I would wager the 3rd division sides have come out victorious in these match ups. Even more impressive when you consider that the NL1 season has usually commenced when these matches take place. Meanwhile the ZPL is still in pre season.

NNSW had 1st, reserves and third grade back in 78. 1979 saw the introduction of 19's and 3rd grade was dropped.
    If a player is good enough, he is old enough to play in a higher grade. However, having 18's, 20's and 1st grade has benefitted the Zone leagues as player's who fail to make 1st grade by 20's fall back into the zones league's.

Agreed age groups allow zone league clubs to poach talent.

Also not trying to insult nl1 either as I imagine where some clubs are located it’s hard to get a lot of players. credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood.

I just see it from afar and while the comp is relatively close this year I’ve seen previous years where the regional sides are losing 5-0 most games. Football needs to be fun and that comes with an even playing field. This can also be said about zpl3 this year. We risk losing clubs and players where teams lose every week 5-0. Far call on putting Newcastle fc in zl3, but it’s resulted in some one sided games, mind you they didn’t win the comp. Question is will they be in zpl3 next year?

Caught the second half at Dudley. Was very tense Dudley up 1-0. Not sure the other grades

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Caught the second half at Dudley. Was very tense Dudley up 1-0. Not sure the other grades
    ok back to the real reason this post exists.

cardiff v suns 1-1 ccfc on pens
    Cardiff v Dudley 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFan View Post
    Cardiff v Mayfield cancelled. Cardiff first graders too sore from plying two games already this week no doubt.

Swansea have left an impression no doubt, I’m sure there are many other clubs that people would rather be relegated, mainly the ones paying players and ruining it for the underdogs.
    you know what really pisses me off is, when someone pretends to part of a club and there not, Plasto man is this you???? go the panthers or is it the green tigers???

you know what really pisses me off is, when someone pretends to part of a club and there not, Plasto man is this you???? go the panthers or is it the green tigers???
    Maybe he just likes big jungle cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Maybe he just likes big jungle cats?
    disgruntled ex-player maybe, Plasto, your turn....

Cardiff v Dudley 2-0
    Good day out for Cardiff and an exciting weekend to come. 3rds did well and Reserves are in great form. Mayfield or Wbay will have a very tough game awaiting them next weekend.

Cardiff v Dudley 2-0
    You won’t sleep tonight Peck 😁. Good results for you boys today - well done 🍺👍

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    You won’t sleep tonight Peck ��. Good results for you boys today - well done ����
    sleep like a baby tonight, 15 schooners does that to you.....

sleep like a baby tonight, 15 schooners does that to you.....
    Didn’t see it but good result for Cardiff in Reggies both teams had been traveling nicely

Suns 2 - 0 at the break.

Suns the better side so far.