Reggie’s- Cardiff 3-1

Firsts - Suns 4-3

Thirds - Cardiff 1-1 Pens

Reserves - Warners Bay 2-0

Firsts - Dudley 1-0

Third Grade: Dudley 2-1
    Reserve Grade: Warner’s Bay 2-0
    First Grade: 2-1 (Suns ET)

If the weather and the pitch is like today for NL1 which being at the ground was super impressive we are in for a ripping day tomorrow with some good football.

Thirds if football is played Dudley to win if the game is stop start Cardiff will be well in it. Dudley 2-1

Reserves will be a cracking game with 2 excellent teams making the final. If Cardiff have their first grade keeper in goals they will win Cardiff 1-0

First should be an absolute cracker with both teams liking to play football and move the ball. The pitch should help that. Real toss of the coin. Dudley 2-0

To big to strong, go the thistles

Well deserved by Dudley today. I thought they defended well and worked their pace on the counter attack. Suns never really got going and kept frustrating themselves. But also comes down to Dudley’s pressure which was great.
    Dudley didn’t give the Suns too much space and Suns didn’t really threaten much in the second half. With Dudley’s keeper going off at half time I thought they would have at least had some shots but no. Might say send off three then off but it was just Dudley’s day finally.
    I noticed nobody spoke of Dudley for the GF or win but credit to the club for producing a hungry younger side after a few players moved on. Willow did an excellent job in his first season as coach. Dudley boys are happy!!!

Well done to Dudley, good day for you guys.

Hilarious that Warners Bay after all of their carry on this year to have a bench full of first graders and then to score the winner. Not against stretching the rules, but the carry on is laughable.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Well done to Dudley, good day for you guys.

Hilarious that Warners Bay after all of their carry on this year to have a bench full of first graders and then to score the winner. Not against stretching the rules, but the carry on is laughable.
    Convincingly beaten in the grand final and first thing you mention about is Warners Bay. Jog on muppet. Firstly congratulations to Dudley completely deserved and most certainly the best team in yesterdays match. let’s be honest the real grand final was last weekend out at Dudley Park where two quality teams faced off in a proper contest. Maybe if Suns had their best defender on the park yesterday instead of being hailed as a hero for a needless red card hand ball offence last weekend they may have kept Dudley out at the back today.

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    Well deserved by Dudley today. I thought they defended well and worked their pace on the counter attack. Suns never really got going and kept frustrating themselves. But also comes down to Dudley’s pressure which was great.
    Dudley didn’t give the Suns too much space and Suns didn’t really threaten much in the second half. With Dudley’s keeper going off at half time I thought they would have at least had some shots but no. Might say send off three then off but it was just Dudley’s day finally.
    I noticed nobody spoke of Dudley for the GF or win but credit to the club for producing a hungry younger side after a few players moved on. Willow did an excellent job in his first season as coach. Dudley boys are happy!!!
    I think you’ll find quite a few of the posters picked Dudley to get the win.

Any scores in the other grades?
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Res 2 - 1 warners bay
    3rds 2 - 1 Dudley

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker;262***
    If the weather and the pitch is like today for NL1 which being at the ground was super impressive we are in for a ripping day tomorrow with some good football.

Thirds if football is played Dudley to win if the game is stop start Cardiff will be well in it. Dudley 2-1

Reserves will be a cracking game with 2 excellent teams making the final. If Cardiff have their first grade keeper in goals they will win Cardiff 1-0

First should be an absolute cracker with both teams liking to play football and move the ball. The pitch should help that. Real toss of the coin. Dudley 2-0
    2 out of 3 scores right. If I knew W/B were going to play the clubs best player off the bench in his Reggies debut I would of picked them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    2 out of 3 scores right. If I knew W/B were going to play the clubs best player off the bench in his Reggies debut I would of picked them.
    It's common practice in ZPL to bring "1st graders" down come finals time. Nothing to see here

Cardiff were ordinary.

I know Warners bay havenÂ’t played much finals football in recent years but IÂ’m not sure how common it is to play your clubs best player in reserve grade.

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    It's common practice in ZPL to bring "1st graders" down come finals time. Nothing to see here

Cardiff were ordinary.
    typical pub football
    make the rules up as you go.
    if suns get punished in season fixture , how is this possible in the 2nd chance cup (gf)

Guys be nice to Cardiff, it’s not everyday you lose 2 grand finals. This is one of the stages of mourning. Up the might panthers! Just lucky we let it be close, could have sealed it late on but preferred the drama.

Highlight of the day had to be the Security Guards missed tackle.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

3 good games to watch yesterday despite the conditions and it was especially good to have BarTv covering the games.

Based on performance throughout the year it can’t be said the 3 GF winners didn’t deserve to win.

Dudley have dominated in 3rd grade all year and Warners Bay have done the same in Ressies.

The first grade game was pretty even throughout but can’t say Dudley were any better than Suns. Dudley simply took the two clear chances they created and Suns not being able to do the same, which is how you win grand finals.

It was very disappointing to see Warners Bay cheat in a GF by using a first grader off the bench! Even if he hadn’t scored the winner he shouldn’t have been used.

There Ressies players had done the job all year and should have completed it themselves.

Well done to everyone involved in the finals and hopefully we get more of the same next season.

Quote Originally Posted by WWFC25 View Post
    3 good games to watch yesterday despite the conditions and it was especially good to have BarTv covering the games.

Based on performance throughout the year it can’t be said the 3 GF winners didn’t deserve to win.

Dudley have dominated in 3rd grade all year and Warners Bay have done the same in Ressies.

The first grade game was pretty even throughout but can’t say Dudley were any better than Suns. Dudley simply took the two clear chances they created and Suns not being able to do the same, which is how you win grand finals.

It was very disappointing to see Warners Bay cheat in a GF by using a first grader off the bench! Even if he hadn’t scored the winner he shouldn’t have been used.

There Ressies players had done the job all year and should have completed it themselves.

Well done to everyone involved in the finals and hopefully we get more of the same next season.
    I think you’ll find Cardiff also had first graders on their bench so it would be interesting to see if you called them out if one of their players got the winner. You don’t hear Dudley complaining that Cardiff used their first grade keeper last week either. They may have played in the gf themselves yesterday if he wasn’t there.

At the end of the day Warners were the best team over the 18 games of the regular season. Didn’t lose either match to Cardiff this season including a comfortable win at Evans park. Seasons done no need for bitterness lads.

Damn could use some of that suns salt as seasoning