Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
Could we have all done better earlier on getting games organized, YES
Could the associations have done better, YES
Could the councils do better, YES
Could clubs try and fix there grounds so it doesn't happen again without a grant, NO, (Drainage is around 90K alone i think.)

Could we tweak the system that if a game is called out, there is always a ground swap option on that day. YES (this would also fix the call that a team had players out, injured, splendour etc, so didn't want to play the game, so we just called it off because it's wet)
Should the associations give us a bit more flexability, F*#K YES

We moved into Evans last year, i cant count how many grant applications our treasurer has done, from the little 2-3K ones to 200k plus, add this to all the ones we have done over the years before, wish i had a dollar for everyone.
Time consuming for generally no result.

All up folks, clubs do there best most times, so how about we stop carrying on and blaming others, start working together to either fix or make a system that works better than it does currently for next year.

cheers

It took us over a decade of chasing grants and sponsorship and anywhere else we could get funds in order to get the $$$$$ to fix the drainage issues we had (and that was only on 1 of our 2 grounds).

Since then we have been a bit luckier in gaining grants allowing us to build our grandstand and electronic scoreboard.

But applying and monitoring these grants are a massive slog to the point we were paying someone to continually apply and monitor all the grants he could and without him we never would have got 75% of the ones we did.

So it isn’t easy at all to simply fix the drainage but I highly recommend getting someone in place to continually chase grants because it really benefits you in the long run.