Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofthemiddle View Post
    Speaking of rules...
    A new one emerged for myself as I didn’t know it.
    A player was shadowing the ball out for a goal kick when the attacker wrapped his arm around him and basically rugby tackled him down.
    When the players questioned the decisions of the ref and touchy the reply was it happened outside of the field so get on with it.this being said anyone taking a throw or corner outside the lines are potentially free for foul play????loop hole???
    Seems pretty odd. Particularly given a referee can issue a card when the game is over.

I had an strange one a few weeks back. We were up 1-0 with 2 minutes to go. I scramble to clear a ball that was centre field in the middle of my own half, the ball goes well out of play but not too far (I hit it with my weak foot) and the receive a yellow for time wasting. Up until this point the referee had hardly used his whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    With your first round fixture were the matches played in the correct order ie 3rds, Ressies, 1sts? Just asking because if a player started reserve grade and then also started the next game would that not be disadvantaging your 1st grade team? At the end of the day we probably all agree that first grade is the priority so I can’t imagine why they would voluntarily want to not start with 11 fresh players?

The second round fixture first grade was the only game played yeah? So really this is all about the order of the matches being played. The lower grades were played at a later date? I think it basically comes down to whether this rule exists that you can’t start any player who started first grade. If it doesn’t exist and the federation have just made it up you might have a point but if it does you probably do deserve to be docked points. Just my opinion though.
    You and I are different. You are trying to justify with opinion, whereas I’m substantiating my version with facts and the rules.
    Honestly, if you can read, it’s very very easy to understand.

The rules state that you cannot be in two starting elevens in the one round, UNLESS you do not have enough players to field a team.
    You seem to be very selective in complaining about one of the numerous players that doubled up. We didn’t have enough players, so there were players used within the club including third grade that played that day who also played consecutive games.
    1. There is nothing in the rules regarding the order of games played within a round. That is one rule you have made up to put a spin on your story.
    Furthermore, the fact we didn’t play three grades on that scheduled day is utter bullshit from Warners Bay as the next field had games from morning to afternoon. There was at least four matches played on that pitch. Splendour or not, the games should have just been played!
    2. No player is allocated to any grade until finals commence. It doesn’t matter what your opinion is, all players are able to start any grade, those are the rules and that’s facts.
    I’m summary, what we did was 100% within the rules. Whether your opinion is that it’s right or wrong is no fault of ours. There are rules in place. We don’t make the rules and we abided by them.

Let me touch on the earlier game against you guys.
    1. You had a player who started in both reserve grade and first grade. Just so happened to score in both grades, although that doesn’t change anything.
    2. There’s no issue having a player start two grades as I mentioned earlier, when you do not have enough players. However, this was not the case with you guys. You had a player on the bench, fresh that had not played in any other grades.
    So in fact, as per the rules and regulations, Warners Bay breached them in this instance.

Again, you can spin this whichever way you want with your OPINION. Just because you think your opinion is right, it doesn’t stand up against facts.

I find it really difficult to continually dumb down the way I post in the hope that you and your mates can get a grasp on the situation but it’s getting beyond a joke.
    If you don’t understand any of this, I suggest you get someone else who does to read it out to you.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    You and I are different. You are trying to justify with opinion, whereas I’m substantiating my version with facts and the rules.
    Honestly, if you can read, it’s very very easy to understand.

The rules state that you cannot be in two starting elevens in the one round, UNLESS you do not have enough players to field a team.
    You seem to be very selective in complaining about one of the numerous players that doubled up. We didn’t have enough players, so there were players used within the club including third grade that played that day who also played consecutive games.
    1. There is nothing in the rules regarding the order of games played within a round. That is one rule you have made up to put a spin on your story.
    Furthermore, the fact we didn’t play three grades on that scheduled day is utter bullshit from Warners Bay as the next field had games from morning to afternoon. There was at least four matches played on that pitch. Splendour or not, the games should have just been played!
    2. No player is allocated to any grade until finals commence. It doesn’t matter what your opinion is, all players are able to start any grade, those are the rules and that’s facts.
    I’m summary, what we did was 100% within the rules. Whether your opinion is that it’s right or wrong is no fault of ours. There are rules in place. We don’t make the rules and we abided by them.

Let me touch on the earlier game against you guys.
    1. You had a player who started in both reserve grade and first grade. Just so happened to score in both grades, although that doesn’t change anything.
    2. There’s no issue having a player start two grades as I mentioned earlier, when you do not have enough players. However, this was not the case with you guys. You had a player on the bench, fresh that had not played in any other grades.
    So in fact, as per the rules and regulations, Warners Bay breached them in this instance.

Again, you can spin this whichever way you want with your OPINION. Just because you think your opinion is right, it doesn’t stand up against facts.

I find it really difficult to continually dumb down the way I post in the hope that you and your mates can get a grasp on the situation but it’s getting beyond a joke.
    If you don’t understand any of this, I suggest you get someone else who does to read it out to you.
    Firstly I have no affiliation with Wbay but I have been following this thread closely because the ruling has/had potential implications on my team playing finals footy. So forget about them for a minute.

If you were allowed to start the first grade player in that match then I agree you shouldn’t be punished. You might not like the federation but I’m sure they didn’t just wake up one morning and think they’ll punish the Suns because they feel like it. So I kind of assume on that basis that you have done something wrong and a couple of other posters have made some solid points supporting that view.

Are you able to at least acknowledge that from an opposition point of view it does look like you started an ineligible player in a must win lower grade game? A view that the federation have obviously agreed with. Maybe everyone else is wrong and you will get this rightfully overruled but it’s not a great look. If you had that many players doubling up you probably should have forfeited 3rd grade? It sounds like you basically only had enough players to fill one team anyway?

Firstly I have no affiliation with Wbay but I have been following this thread closely because the ruling has/had potential implications on my team playing finals footy. So forget about them for a minute.

If you were allowed to start the first grade player in that match then I agree you shouldn’t be punished. You might not like the federation but I’m sure they didn’t just wake up one morning and think they’ll punish the Suns because they feel like it. So I kind of assume on that basis that you have done something wrong and a couple of other posters have made some solid points supporting that view.

Are you able to at least acknowledge that from an opposition point of view it does look like you started an ineligible player in a must win lower grade game? A view that the federation have obviously agreed with. Maybe everyone else is wrong and you will get this rightfully overruled but it’s not a great look. If you had that many players doubling up you probably should have forfeited 3rd grade? It sounds like you basically only had enough players to fill one team anyway?
    Apologies, I didn’t realise you weren’t affiliated with WB.

I’m not going to air the federations dirty laundry out here, but the rules are there for all to see.

As I’ve said previously, I can understand from an outsiders point of view of how it may look. But the reality is that there are rules and what happened is clearly within those rules.
    No club is ever forced to forfeit. We haven’t forfeited third grade since 2008. We have had countless occasions where multiple players have doubled up in grades. Two seasons ago we played Dudley in three grades with a total of 23 players. We had nothing on the line either other than fulfilling our fixtures. I can understand why teams do forfeit, but that’s not in our nature. We will always do what we can to field three sides. As we did on the weekend.

The fact that these games were played in a mixed order is absolutely no fault of ours. You cannot punish a club for being forced to play fixtures in a reverse order, nor can you punish a team for having too many injuries.

If you are lucky enough as a club to no have to have players doubling up in a season which has been stop start from preseason, early rounds, and to now going through a period where we were playing 6 games in 19 days in order to get our games played before the end of the season. Then that’s a luxury we would bite your hand off for.

We are essentially out of finals now and Warners Bay have already secured top spot. But that doesn’t take away the principle of this whole situation. The fairness and integrity of the competition and the federation all comes into this.
    Just because the result may have no impact, does not mean the right outcome should be applied.

There are numerous clubs that have already admitted to having players start in multiple grades. Is this now something that every opposing club is just going to be able to dispute? You cannot pick and chose which clubs have certain rules enforced and not others.

While lofty and his rule book are getting no love.
    Where has the the love for bad boy will gone??
    Did he leave with the super coach mid season?
    Did he get a haircut,new shoes and smarten up or
    Did he simply run out of toys to throw out of the cot??
    We need answers where has the bad boy gone???

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofthemiddle View Post
    While lofty and his rule book are getting no love.
    Where has the the love for bad boy will gone??
    Did he leave with the super coach mid season?
    Did he get a haircut,new shoes and smarten up or
    Did he simply run out of toys to throw out of the cot??
    We need answers where has the bad boy gone???
    Last seen at fulltime on Chapman Oval calling opposition homophobic slurs and threatening fights in the carpark. If he's gone then good riddance, if not, I look forward to frustrating him to that point again next season

What teams have mid week games

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    What teams have mid week games
    Azzurri v Cardiff at Evans

last night

3rds 0--1 we played to beat the upcoming weather tonight.

reggies and 1st will either play tonight, tomorrow or Thursday, weather depending.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Azzurri v Cardiff at Evans

last night

3rds 0--1 we played to beat the upcoming weather tonight.

reggies and 1st will either play tonight, tomorrow or Thursday, weather depending.

cheers
    This was clever

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    This was clever
    wanted 2 grades, at short notice we got one played at least.

So who is looking most likely to wrap up a finals position in firsts? Looks like Dudley & Suns are already locked in. Wbay also seem all but there so that leaves Mayfield & Azzurri to fight for that 4th spot. They play each other this coming weekend yeah?

So who is looking most likely to wrap up a finals position in firsts? Looks like Dudley & Suns are already locked in. Wbay also seem all but there so that leaves Mayfield & Azzurri to fight for that 4th spot. They play each other this coming weekend yeah?
    I think Mayfield are in trouble. Azzurri has Westlakes, Swansea, Cardiff and Mayfield. Saturday is a huge game will decide 4th spot

Azzurri v Cardiff at Evans again.

res 2-4
    1st 2-3

res 2-4
    1st 2-3
    Well that result makes things interesting in firsts

Jardel any plans to upgrade lights at Evans Park? Not sure how the players saw it but gee whiz the Road End goal mouth was pretty dark where i was sitting on about halfway
    Jaliens gives me the horn

res 2-4
    1st 2-3
    Makes Azzurri v Mayfield on Saturday a massive game

A mayfield win on Saturday would all but end things.
    A win for Azzurri will make all remaining fixtures massive.
    Exciting to follow..

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Jardel any plans to upgrade lights at Evans Park? Not sure how the players saw it but gee whiz the Road End goal mouth was pretty dark where i was sitting on about halfway
    yeh, as said on another page, we have been putting in for grants left, right and centre for two years now, hopefully we get something end of this year.
    they were going to adjust them but as per usual havent actually gotten around to it yet.

It's hard coming from No2 with great lights to the shitty ones we have, but it is what it is currently.

An exciting weekend coming up in the best football comp in newy. Dudley should deal with Kotara which will put a bit of pressure on Suns but I fully expect them to win at least one of their two remaining matches which will secure the minor premiership.

Westlakes only have a 3 point lead on Swansea who have a superior GD so they’ll be nervously looking over their shoulder. I’m sure they would take a point against Cardiff right now if offered. Swansea meanwhile are at home against Wbay who have already wrapped up a finals spot so who knows what their mindset will be like.

Match of the round is definitely Mayfield vs Azzurri though. I think the winner will take the 4th finals place. Azzurri have played a lot of football lately and maybe it’s starting to catch-up with them. Mayfield are always a tough team team to break down especially at Mayfield Park. I think it will be a tight low scoring game but the home team will come out on top. And if the top 4 is set after this weekend the federation immediately reverses their decision to play 1 leg semis. I wish!

An exciting weekend coming up in the best football comp in newy. Dudley should deal with Kotara which will put a bit of pressure on Suns but I fully expect them to win at least one of their two remaining matches which will secure the minor premiership.

. And if the top 4 is set after this weekend the federation immediately reverses their decision to play 1 leg semis. I wish!
    Sorry for one, it's not the Federation, how about we get this right for once, Newcastle, Macquarie and Hunter run our comp, which is Zone, which in turn is overseen by Russel Henry out of Newcastle, the federation have nothing to do with us basically except for taking a fee out of our rego.

What about the lowers grades, they are definitely not set in stone for the final four?
    Do we just say that's it, comp over you lower grade teams, lets play some finals now?