Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Playing Kotara tonight and tomorrow
    Which grades tonight

1st

Dudley 3-0 over Mayfield in 1st

Warners Bay vs Azzurri
    1st 3-0
    Ressies 2-0

Also a few murmurs at John Street tonight that the Newcastle Suns have officially been found guilty of breaching the competition rules by playing an ineligible player in Sundays reserve grade fixture against Warners Bay. WB have now been credited with a 3-0 win.

I’ve heard nothing concrete though. Maybe one of the Suns posters can confirm?
    Last edited by FairPlay2022; 16-08-2022 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Which grades tonight
    Only 1st and down 5-2....they just wanted it more than us....

Quote Originally Posted by FairPlay2022 View Post
    Warners Bay vs Azzurri
    1st 3-0
    Ressies 2-0

Also a few murmurs at John Street tonight that the Newcastle Suns have officially been found guilty of breaching the competition rules by playing an ineligible player in Sundays reserve grade fixture against Warners Bay. WB have now been credited with a 3-0 win.

I’ve heard nothing concrete though. Maybe one of the Suns posters can confirm?
    table and results still show a Suns win....

Disappointing decision to cancel the first leg of the semis

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzRothfield View Post
    Disappointing decision to cancel the first leg of the semis
    They could of waited till next week to see if it was needed now they have changed the finals and it looks like the top 4 is cemented after last night so all those teams will have a week off so 5th and 6th can catch up. The top 4 clubs should all get together snd push the federation to go back to 2 legs

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    table and results still show a Suns win....
    Just had a quick glance at the table and you’re right it still says they won. I found out today though from someone in the know and they said Newy Suns have definitely been docked 3 points for playing an ineligible first grader last weekend. I hope it was an honest mistake otherwise that’s pretty ordinary from them.

Good news for our guys though! We might still be able to sneak into the finals in the reserve grade comp. Hopefully seen the last of this bloody rain and we can play some footy to end this frustrating season.
    Last edited by Zonal Marking; 17-08-2022 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Just had a quick glance at the table and you’re right it still says they won. I found out today though from someone in the know and they said Newy Suns have definitely been docked 3 points for playing an ineligible first grader last weekend. I hope it was an honest mistake otherwise that’s pretty ordinary from them.

Good news for our guys though! We might still be able to sneak into the finals in the reserve grade comp. Hopefully seen the last of this bloody rain and we can play some footy to end this frustrating season.
    Funny since I was told by a key member of their committee that it was currently being dealt with by Newcastle Football and a decision was yet to come…… amazing how much drama one little player is bringing to the competition.

That borrowed player rule and who you can use to make an entire team and starting vs bench player is so convoluted and vague that many teams actually mess it up. Of course nobody notices when that team loses, they only notice when someone scores an important goal.

Anyway moving forward….. where is everyone with catch-ups? Over at the Cats we have 2 catch-ups and the normal round left.

Quote Originally Posted by WWFC25 View Post
    Funny since I was told by a key member of their committee that it was currently being dealt with by Newcastle Football and a decision was yet to come…… amazing how much drama one little player is bringing to the competition.

That borrowed player rule and who you can use to make an entire team and starting vs bench player is so convoluted and vague that many teams actually mess it up. Of course nobody notices when that team loses, they only notice when someone scores an important goal.

Anyway moving forward….. where is everyone with catch-ups? Over at the Cats we have 2 catch-ups and the normal round left.
    I think your information is outdated bud. They have definitely been found guilty of breaching the rules and stripped of their points. If your club was in the running for finals footy you might be a little bit more invested in the ‘drama’ even more so if it was your team who missed out the finals by 1 or 2 points.

Convoluted? It’s actually quite simple if you start a bloke in firsts don’t start them in one of the lower grades. Seems pretty basic to me. I’m happy to give Suns benefit of the doubt I’m sure it was just a judgement error but I also see why they had to be punished. The right call and decision has definitely been made though.

I know Cardiff have got Swansea this weekend and Azzurri midweek. I’m sure there are quite a few more midweek fixtures though. Like I said in my earlier post I just hope we actually get these games played.

Rumours of Azzurri & Westlakes having a catch up game on Sunday?
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Kotara v Cardiff
    3rds 0-4
    2nds 1-4

Cardiff wanted it more

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post

The ladder still has them at 34 points, which matches the 11 wins and 1 draw. And no game is showing as a forfeit.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    The ladder still has them at 34 points, which matches the 11 wins and 1 draw. And no game is showing as a forfeit.
    If only there were some members of the forum who could clear this up for everyone. Lofty and Nou Camp are awefully quiet at the moment???

I remember not too long ago there were posts about suns being one of the most well behaved clubs in the competition, I beg to differ

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Rumours of Azzurri & Westlakes having a catch up game on Sunday?
    Are Azzurri playing Saturday also

Well, my predictions we're a bit of a stinker. Cooks Hill certainly had massive improvement though!

Can anyone explain how and why Azzurri has been allowed to get away with playing 12 games when everyone else has played a minimum of 14?

Although this is semi-rhetorical, seriously HOW?! How has everyone else got it done?

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post
    Well, my predictions we're a bit of a stinker. Cooks Hill certainly had massive improvement though!

Can anyone explain how and why Azzurri has been allowed to get away with playing 12 games when everyone else has played a minimum of 14?

Although this is semi-rhetorical, seriously HOW?! How has everyone else got it done?
    Everyone else doesn’t play at Hexham park would be the most likely answer

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    If only there were some members of the forum who could clear this up for everyone. Lofty and Nou Camp are awefully quiet at the moment???

I remember not too long ago there were posts about suns being one of the most well behaved clubs in the competition, I beg to differ
    Solid wins for Cardiff in both Thirds and Reserves last night. Puts ressies right back in with a shot at the top 4. We would also like to know if we can expect the table to be updated soon?