Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post
    Well, my predictions we're a bit of a stinker. Cooks Hill certainly had massive improvement though!

Can anyone explain how and why Azzurri has been allowed to get away with playing 12 games when everyone else has played a minimum of 14?

Although this is semi-rhetorical, seriously HOW?! How has everyone else got it done?
    Now the semis are 1 leg cause they couldn’t get a game on. Worst part is they will likely miss them in first so the teams that made effort got on and won now get punished

Well, my predictions we're a bit of a stinker. Cooks Hill certainly had massive improvement though!

Can anyone explain how and why Azzurri has been allowed to get away with playing 12 games when everyone else has played a minimum of 14?

Although this is semi-rhetorical, seriously HOW?! How has everyone else got it done?
    Because the other teams dont play at Hexham Park. Pretty simple answer.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Are Azzurri playing Saturday also
    Yes. Against Cooks Hill

Res & Firsts at Fearnley-Dawes 10.45 & 12.45, 3rds at No.6 3pm

Wouldn’t imagine they’re getting away with anything by having to try and play 6 matches in two weeks. If it was their plan it’s a pretty dumb one.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Yes. Against Cooks Hill

Res & Firsts at Fearnley-Dawes 10.45 & 12.45, 3rds at No.6 3pm
    So who does that leave them with the following week

So who does that leave them with the following week
    sorry westlakes sunday?????cardiff at Evans midweek, then mayfield, then swansea to finish off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    sorry westlakes sunday?????cardiff at Evans midweek, then mayfield, then swansea to finish off.
    Sounds like that is the plan. Can see a few injuries coming up. I might have to come out of retirement

So everyone could be wrapped up by next weekend and then we all have a week off before a 1 leg semi. the federation jumped the gun here. Hopefully common sense prevails snd they reverse the decision back in ZPL at least. It’s easy to do as semis are organized on a Monday after the last round so not like they need months to plan
    I get other divisions might struggle to get games in by why punish ZPL is ZL1 or ZL2 still have outstanding games.

So everyone could be wrapped up by next weekend and then we all have a week off before a 1 leg semi. the federation jumped the gun here. Hopefully common sense prevails snd they reverse the decision back in ZPL at least. It’s easy to do as semis are organized on a Monday after the last round so not like they need months to plan
    I get other divisions might struggle to get games in by why punish ZPL is ZL1 or ZL2 still have outstanding games.
    ZL1 is a shambles, most teams are worse off than Azzurri, ZL2 & ZL3 are ok.

We have Mayfield that additional weekend also, just letting you all know, that its not all Azzurri's fault either.

We were planned to play this Sat v Swansea, Mon/Tues v Mayfield, Wed/Thu v azzurri and finish off with Westlakes Sat.
    That was the plan before they changed it, so it really involves 4 teams not just Azzurri.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Everyone else doesn’t play at Hexham park would be the most likely answer
    So it's just hands-on heads and make everyone else wait? Seems ridiculous to me. But by the looks of things here currently, it fits right in!

We have Mayfield that additional weekend also, just letting you all know, that its not all Azzurri's fault either.

We were planned to play this Sat v Swansea, Mon/Tues v Mayfield, Wed/Thu v azzurri and finish off with Westlakes Sat.
    That was the plan before they changed it, so it really involves 4 teams not just Azzurri.
    Why not stick with that plan and we all have 2 leg semis. Cardiff 1st are long odds after the Kotara loss so it’s really Reggies and thirds that it’s can effect

Why not stick with that plan and we all have 2 leg semis. Cardiff 1st are long odds after the Kotara loss so it’s really Reggies and thirds that it’s can effect
    we didn't ask for it, but when they made decision we were still tracking ok and changed it as soon as they did, no-one in their right mind would stick to that plan if you could avoid it.

Anyways its ok to for all to point and blame and suggest things should have been different, but take a walk in Azzurrri's shoes currently because if it was your club you would be welcoming the changes with open arms, i still cant see how they will do this physically anyway and come out the other side, with fit players and the dreaded quals all intact.
    Last one on this though is, if games are set they should be played regardless of how the result affects the table, as this will make it an even bigger mockery than it is now.

Merewether have 8 games to catch up in ZL1.

There has been an unprecedented amount of rain this year, certainly i have never seen such a wet year in my life. There's not much clubs can do apart from pray for less rain. It's not an ideal situation for anybody involved.

Bear in mind two weeks ago Azzurri were playing Swansea and had A grade first to get best use of the field. 30 minutes played and the ref calls it off. Hardly Azzurri’s fault. Last week v Westlakes they arranged to a field swap and Rathmines was washed out. 2 games out of their control and there would have been 4 catch ups not 6. Twelve games in and they have had 2 home games. Shit field it is what it is. Unprecedented season.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Bear in mind two weeks ago Azzurri were playing Swansea and had A grade first to get best use of the field. 30 minutes played and the ref calls it off. Hardly Azzurri’s fault. Last week v Westlakes they arranged to a field swap and Rathmines was washed out. 2 games out of their control and there would have been 4 catch ups not 6. Twelve games in and they have had 2 home games. Shit field it is what it is. Unprecedented season.
    Or the washouts from earlier in the year try to get played earlier instead of planning them for the spare weekend hoping it wasn’t going to rain again

Or the washouts from earlier in the year try to get played earlier instead of planning them for the spare weekend hoping it wasn’t going to rain again
    Except you try and organise it during the week but Tarro booked out because Hexham still not in good enough condition. Plus away games not in the club's control. Easy to point the finger and say "should have done this" when the club is attempting to explore avenues to get games played.

We have our Westlakes vs Suns catch-up on that extra weekend instead of midweek next week now.

Could we have all done better earlier on getting games organized, YES
    Could the associations have done better, YES
    Could the councils do better, YES
    Could clubs try and fix there grounds so it doesn't happen again without a grant, NO, (Drainage is around 90K alone i think.)

Could we tweak the system that if a game is called out, there is always a ground swap option on that day. YES (this would also fix the call that a team had players out, injured, splendour etc, so didn't want to play the game, so we just called it off because it's wet)
    Should the associations give us a bit more flexability, F*#K YES

We moved into Evans last year, i cant count how many grant applications our treasurer has done, from the little 2-3K ones to 200k plus, add this to all the ones we have done over the years before, wish i had a dollar for everyone.
    Time consuming for generally no result.

All up folks, clubs do there best most times, so how about we stop carrying on and blaming others, start working together to either fix or make a system that works better than it does currently for next year.

cheers

Could we tweak the system that if a game is called out, there is always a ground swap option on that day. YES (this would also fix the call that a team had players out, injured, splendour etc, so didn't want to play the game, so we just called it off because it's wet)
    cheers
    I like this idea

I like this idea
    Not a bad idea, can be difficult though. I think our ground is often full of juniors games on our away games, so wouldn't be available at times for a ground swap. I'm sure other clubs would have similar situations.