Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    Interestingly, the green tigers posted they had locked in finals in 1sts. I thought I'd missed something as they are only 5 points clear of azzuri??
    Their post says locked in for reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by tenschooners View Post
    Their post says locked in for reserves.
    Cardiff can do azzuri a favor in firsts by taking down mayfield this weekend!

Ressies top 4 confirmed, mayfield v Cardiff this Saturday determines 3rd and 4th.

Semi finals grounds will be both Dudley and Suns by the looks of things

Bit surprised to hear Kotara gave Dudley a bit of a pasting yesterday? Dudley missing a few players or just checked out til finals footy starts?

What’s the predictions for winners and score of each grade in the gf?

Suns V Dudley is always juicy! But with all this WB beef, both have become mouth-watering. Suns win
    Ressies - WB V Dudley, Which team will be able to stack? That's who wins
    Thirds - Dudley are just leaps and bounds better, but more than likely will be stretched with depth. Dudley

I missed like 9 weeks of the season following, so I could be well off the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post
    Suns V Dudley is always juicy! But with all this WB beef, both have become mouth-watering. Suns win
    Ressies - WB V Dudley, Which team will be able to stack? That's who wins
    Thirds - Dudley are just leaps and bounds better, but more than likely will be stretched with depth. Dudley

I missed like 9 weeks of the season following, so I could be well off the mark.
    I think you’re pretty spot on FS. Suns vs Dudley is probably the biggest grudge match in Newcastle football but the couple of times I’ve seen Wbay this season they have looked very dangerous. Not as consistent as the top two though but then that doesn’t really matter in finals footy does it? Watch Mayfield ruin all predictions by beating the Suns now though

Ressies will probably be Wbay vs Dudley and whichever team has their first grade team in the GF will have slightly less of an advantage. I’d put Cardiff down as a dark horse though provided they confirm their finals place.

Thirds Dudley vs Cardiff. Will be a good game but I expect Dudley to eventually get the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    I think you’re pretty spot on FS. Suns vs Dudley is probably the biggest grudge match in Newcastle football but the couple of times I’ve seen Wbay this season they have looked very dangerous. Not as consistent as the top two though but then that doesn’t really matter in finals footy does it? Watch Mayfield ruin all predictions by beating the Suns now though

Ressies will probably be Wbay vs Dudley and whichever team has their first grade team in the GF will have slightly less of an advantage. I’d put Cardiff down as a dark horse though provided they confirm their finals place.

Thirds Dudley vs Cardiff. Will be a good game but I expect Dudley to eventually get the win.
    Yeah, you're spot on, I have been wrong too many years now! WB did well against Dudley I think. And Mayfield might finally break their Finals curse! But their track record doesn't paint a pretty picture.

If Mayfield’s 3rds can sneak in this weekend with a win over Cardiff, I wouldn’t be surprised if they cause some upset in the finals. They’re finding their feet at the right end of the season, impressive to see for such a young side.

As for Ressies, I think Warners bay - Dudley would a great final. Bay hard to beat but Dudley might give them a run.

Firsts I think is anyones game come finals.

So, which ZPL clubs will apply for NL1?
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    More a chance of NL1 clubs now applying for Zone than the other way around..

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    I truly think no club will want to go up. I could be wrong

Weather doesn’t look promising. Is the plan to play rain,hail or shine

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Weather doesn’t look promising. Is the plan to play rain,hail or shine
    Unless it is obviously dangerous to players Westlakes vs Suns will be playing in any conditions and testing out the traction of our boots.

May also use both fields to ensure 1sts get a decent surface to play on.

I hear Swansea have given Azzurri the points for 3rds and reggies already, is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    I hear Swansea have given Azzurri the points for 3rds and reggies already, is this true?
    That’s a joke. Azzurri have dragged the chain and scheduled the bottom 2 teams last knowing quiet well they have zero to play for so one of them might do this especially in the lower grades. Should of played midweek earlier like the other teams

That’s a joke. Azzurri have dragged the chain and scheduled the bottom 2 teams last knowing quiet well they have zero to play for so one of them might do this especially in the lower grades. Should of played midweek earlier like the other teams
    If only you knew.

I’m not sure where Azzurri are sitting in 3rd grade and whether an easy 3 points benefits them but in first grade Swansea need to win to remain in the comp next season. So I’d hardly call that having zero to play for!

Surely no games getting on today anyway? And if so, the games will go down as draws. Can’t have every game being washed out and then one game forfeited.
    It's football, not s***er!!

If finals were on this weekend as scheduled, would anyone have actually gotten on? Myer park is a lake now.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Surely no games getting on today anyway? And if so, the games will go down as draws. Can’t have every game being washed out and then one game forfeited.
    Agreed you can have a washout out in firsts and 2 forfeits in lower grades