Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    So here is a solution…… Why can’t there be a relegation playoff on grand final day between Swansea and Westlakes, kick off 9am before 3rd grade?
    You can't just start making up random rules to suit your club, mate.

No only Firsts and Ressies were 1-1 all draws because they didn’t affect finals we didn’t play them. We attempted to get 3rd played when it could have affected the finals but once Cardiff beat Mayfield on Tuesday Suns couldn’t miss out so they forfeited to avoid their guys having to play a midweek game before finals

Has the GF ground been announced or is still at fletcher?

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Mate, tell yourself whatever makes you feel better, but giving Westlakes a point and gifting them their position in ZPL for next year at the expense of Swansea is just not right, beat it up how you want, it is just not right!

Typical Suns making a mockery of the competition.

So here is a solution…… Why can’t there be a relegation playoff on grand final day between Swansea and Westlakes, kick off 9am before 3rd grade? Obviously hasn’t happened before but given the season from hell with the weather surely this is an option the fed could consider. Not only does this give both clubs a chance to earn their right to stay in the comp, it brings another 2 clubs supporters to GF day who in all likelihood wouldn’t attend otherwise! This concept could be applied in ZL 1 too for Merewether and Stockton!
    You can get F****** mate!

I won’t have you slandering my club saying we don’t deserve to be here and it was gifted to us. We beat Swansea home and away as well as the minor premiers at their turf. We more than deserve to stay in ZPL.

We can’t control the weather or decisions that chop and change that the association makes. Suns don’t want to put themselves at a disadvantage by playing midweek before finals then fair enough. So don’t go slandering them and accuse them of doing anything wrong.

I do sympathise with Swansea who played extremely well last night to beat Azzurri but sometimes things are out of peoples control.

Your ideas are as idiotic as your biased opinion so stop sharing them with people so they don’t have to waste their lives reading your dribble.

What a week. Good luck to all in the finals.

There are zero A graders in Azzurri’s side tonight. Who Westlakes bring up is their business and if Azzurri can’t beat them, like their 1sts last night v Swansea they don’t deserve a finals spot.

Whoever is blaming the Suns or the Cats for Swansea's predicament are delusional and most likely biased. Westlakes wouldn't have forfeited to Azzurri if there was a chance to be relegated (based on Azzurri's performance last night, the Cats would've had a good chance for points). The Suns straight-up would've forfeited against Westlakes if forced to play this week. Who in their right mind would risk their players a few days out from a knockout semi on a match that has zero bearing on their table position? Fools.

Quote Originally Posted by WWFC25 View Post
    You can get F****** mate!

I won’t have you slandering my club saying we don’t deserve to be here and it was gifted to us. We beat Swansea home and away as well as the minor premiers at their turf. We more than deserve to stay in ZPL.

We can’t control the weather or decisions that chop and change that the association makes. Suns don’t want to put themselves at a disadvantage by playing midweek before finals then fair enough. So don’t go slandering them and accuse them of doing anything wrong.

I do sympathise with Swansea who played extremely well last night to beat Azzurri but sometimes things are out of peoples control.
    So you're saying it wasn't a gift from the suns who you had to get point(s) to stay in the league?

Your ideas are as idiotic as your biased opinion so stop sharing them with people so they don’t have to waste their lives reading your dribble.
    Yeah, you're right it was idiotic of me to share a possible solution to give battling clubs such as yours a second chance, not that you needed it or anything?
    Last edited by MisplacedPasses; 09-09-2022 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Villians View Post
    Westlakes wouldn't have forfeited to Azzurri if there was a chance to be relegated
    Westlakes didn't choose to forfeit first grade against Azzurri.
    This decision was made by the association and is being disputed.

I believe at 2pm Tuesday, we were playing Suns in third grade on Wednesday night, then 3 grades vs Azzuri on Saturday.
    By the time the email circulated to the clubs regarding the backflip on the week extension, then having communication go out to players who are at work to try and work out if we could get a side together in a couple of hours, Tuesday wasn't seen as feasible for us.
    This was taken by someone (association I assume?) as grounds for us forfeiting.

I'm still confused as to why we are playing just thirds tonight and not firsts as well.

One guess is that Azzurri didn't see Thursday as feasible for first grade if they were to make finals and have to back up this weekend after playing Wed/Thurs.
    Is that grounds for a 3-0 forfeit too?

This whole end of season is a giant mess.
    Congrats and good luck to those who have made finals, hopefully after all this fuss they can end up running smoothly.

Who else is heading to the ground tonight to watch Azzuri’s first grade side battle it out for the final third grade semi spot?

Finals on Saturday & Sunday this weekend or both on Saturday seeing as though no second leg?
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Grand final at Darling Street.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Finals on Saturday & Sunday this weekend or both on Saturday seeing as though no second leg?
    saturday(dudley) and sunday(suns)

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    saturday(dudley) and sunday(suns)
    Cheers boss, assuming they are hosts for all 3 grades as well? Dudley probably prefer to have their games on Sunday one would think!
    Last edited by Buddha; 08-09-2022 at 04:36 PM.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Cheers boss, assuming they are hosts for all 3 grades as well? Dudley probably prefer to have their games on Sunday one would think!
    Correct. Suns and Dudley both preferred the reverse. The request was made, but shut down.
    It's football, not s***er!!

On a wider serious note guys it’s RUOK day so I hope everyone is well. If not please call out to a friend. If you are call a friend and check on them.

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFan View Post
    Who else is heading to the ground tonight to watch Azzuri’s first grade side battle it out for the final third grade semi spot?
    Man's got jokes

Sad way to see Swansea go out, i think they’ve left a lasting impact on zpl clubs that have done everything they can to ensure they get relegated because they fear that Swansea would’ve returned to their previous best next year.

On another note could this be another season with an asterisk next to the title winners? Many clubs have been left hung out to dry with reorganisation of games etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFan View Post
    Hahaha they totally would lol

Cardiff v Mayfield cancelled. Cardiff first graders too sore from plying two games already this week no doubt.

Swansea have left an impression no doubt, I’m sure there are many other clubs that people would rather be relegated, mainly the ones paying players and ruining it for the underdogs.