Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    How i saw it from the Sidelines, bad error from Azzurri keeper put them behind the 8 ball early on, Azzurri had a stack of chances but failed to convert.

Few Westlakes players and supporters having a go at one of the Azzurri blokes who got cleaned up with an awful tackle accusing him of diving and ripping into him, turns out he has completely cooked his collarbone. Classy stuff.
    There was plenty said about a range of challenges from both teams.
    It was poor tackle and was rightfully given a yellow card.
    Despite what was said 2 of our blokes from the bench did go over and check on him and ask if he needed ice.
    He said no and then he got up and played on, good on him for doing so, for 5 minutes before coming off.
    We aren’t doctors so couldn’t diagnose a broken collarbone on the spot I’m afraid.

I hope it’s not too serious and he’s back to full fitness and soon as possible.

How i saw it from the Sidelines, bad error from Azzurri keeper put them behind the 8 ball early on, Azzurri had a stack of chances but failed to convert.

Few Westlakes players and supporters having a go at one of the Azzurri blokes who got cleaned up with an awful tackle accusing him of diving and ripping into him, turns out he has completely cooked his collarbone. Classy stuff.
    The game’s the game innit

Quote Originally Posted by 4-4-f*cking-2 View Post
    The games’ the game innit. It’s the year of the Tiger anyway 🐯
    As in Mayfield

Azzurri 3rds needed 1 win in their last 4 matches to make the finals and they couldn’t do it. I think that will go down as the biggest choke in zpl history. Can anyone name a better one from previous years?

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.beautiful View Post
    Azzurri 3rds needed 1 win in their last 4 matches to make the finals and they couldn’t do it. I think that will go down as the biggest choke in zpl history. Can anyone name a better one from previous years?
    Suns a few years back in the final vs bero
    Novocastria Youth

How wild has this year been!?

Starting off with the floods, moving into double to triple game weeks, Suns getting docked points when they definitely didn’t cheat, Azzuri choking at the final hour to reach any semi finals outside of ZL3, Bero folding altogether, Mayfield’s coach aged 10 years when he realised he had to lose semi finals again, Swansea getting relegated, Westlakes stacking third grade over a Facebook post and Amongst all of this the mighty panthers have played the best football seen within Newcastle for years. Despite whatever happens over the next 2 weeks **** I love this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.beautiful View Post
    Mayfield choking in the finals a few times over the last few seasons has been a pretty sustained choke. Especially considering the money they have thrown at players to get there.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticFan View Post
    How wild has this year been!?

Starting off with the floods, moving into double to triple game weeks, Suns getting docked points when they definitely didn’t cheat, Azzuri choking at the final hour to reach any semi finals outside of ZL3, Bero folding altogether, Mayfield’s coach aged 10 years when he realised he had to lose semi finals again, Swansea getting relegated, Westlakes stacking third grade over a Facebook post and Amongst all of this the mighty panthers have played the best football seen within Newcastle for years. Despite whatever happens over the next 2 weeks **** I love this game.
    Best league in the state. Forget NPL, give us a broadcaster
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Mayfield choking in the finals a few times over the last few seasons has been a pretty sustained choke. Especially considering the money they have thrown at players to get there.
    Interesting how some clubs pay players. Fair game to them. Would the highest paid player in zpl be on 200-300 per game or is it a lot more?

What’s everyone’s predictions for the games this weekend?

1sts
    Dudley vs Warners Bay (2-1 Dudley)
    Suns vs Mayfield (3-1 Suns AET)

Reserves
    Dudley vs Cardiff (3-2 Cardiff)
    Warners Bay vs Mayfield (2-0 Wbay)

3rds
    Dudley vs Mayfield (4-1 Dudley)
    Cardiff vs Suns (2-2 Suns on Pens)

Whats the problem with paying players in ZPL?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Elland View Post
    Whats the problem with paying players in ZPL?
    It’s a pub league mate. Paying a few players rego I can understand, but paying players anything at this level is a laugh. If there are clubs doing it, those involved couldn’t trap it or make the grade back in their day. FFS - paying players at this level. Anyone involved be sneaking into the showers after game to see if mines bigger than yours. Wake up you blokes.

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    It’s a pub league mate. Paying a few players rego I can understand, but paying players anything at this level is a laugh. If there are clubs doing it, those involved couldn’t trap it or make the grade back in their day. FFS - paying players at this level. Anyone involved be sneaking into the showers after game to see if mines bigger than yours. Wake up you blokes.
    It’s the 3rd best division in newcastle, arguably a good selection of teams in zpl would be better than newfm teams as represented in the Australia Cup. Promotes growth for the game in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 433Footy View Post
    It’s the 3rd best division in newcastle, arguably a good selection of teams in zpl would be better than newfm teams as represented in the Australia Cup. Promotes growth for the game in my opinion.
    So paying blokes in ZPL helps promote growth of the game? Wake up, you’re one of them sneaking into the tubs at the end of 1st grade, or you couldn’t trap it.

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    So paying blokes in ZPL helps promote growth of the game? Wake up, you’re one of them sneaking into the tubs at the end of 1st grade, or you couldn’t trap it.
    More money = Better players = more supporters and awareness = growth of the game.

More money = Better players = more supporters and awareness = growth of the game.
    More money = better players? Absolute proven formula for success in local comps in recent years.

It might be the 3rd best quality wise but let’s be real the ZPL is the best football competition in Newcastle. What other comp would you get bottom of the table Westlakes going away to the eventual premiers Newcastle Suns and turning them over on their own ground!

Actually it’s probably 2nd best quality wise anyway. The NPL second division is pretty ordinary and their teams more often than not get knocked out of the cup by the ZPL ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    What’s everyone’s predictions for the games this weekend?

1sts
    Dudley vs Warners Bay (2-1 Dudley)
    Suns vs Mayfield (3-1 Suns AET)

Reserves
    Dudley vs Cardiff (3-2 Cardiff)
    Warners Bay vs Mayfield (2-0 Wbay)

3rds
    Dudley vs Mayfield (4-1 Dudley)
    Cardiff vs Suns (2-2 Suns on Pens)
    1st
    Dudley 2-0 Warner’s Bay
    Suns 2-1 Mayfield

Reserves
    Dudley 1-1 Cardiff (Flip a coin)
    Warners Bay 3-0 Mayfield

Thirds
    Dudley 2-0 Mayfield
    Cardiff 3-1 Suns

Think there will be some good games across the weekend good luck to all involved

It might be the 3rd best quality wise but let’s be real the ZPL is the best football competition in Newcastle. What other comp would you get bottom of the table Westlakes going away to the eventual premiers Newcastle Suns and turning them over on their own ground!

Actually it’s probably 2nd best quality wise anyway. The NPL second division is pretty ordinary and their teams more often than not get knocked out of the cup by the ZPL ones.
    Exactly, 100%

I've seen it happen in plenty of AA and O35 leagues. I'd wager lower level AA comps are the best on Newcastle based on that criteria.

You're continual bashing of NL1 and NPL is quite bizarre, did teams in those comps say you weren't good enough for them?