Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Shame on Cardiff Ressies for spoiling the party for Dudley having 3 teams at Darling Street
    sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.beautiful View Post
    New forum rule… all score predictions that have cardiff involved must have cardiff winning or else prepare to be verbally assaulted.

Getting petty over a score prediction which i do for a bit of fun. Hate to think how you guys will carry on when you get dusted in ressies and 3rds this weekend.

Take note that none of the other teams i predicted to lose resorted to name calling because they see it as just a fun prediction. Believe it or not I don’t watch every game on camera and analyse squad lists in my spare time.
    I was having some fun, had a joke about being on the punt and your bad predictions.

Its not only me having is having a dig at you now, so pull your head in, its blokes like you who get on here, 24 posts in and react to whatever is said and take things way too personal, its a forum FFS.

if we get dusted, we get dusted simple as that, but we are playing on Sunday, so come enjoy the day, i will even buy you a beer...who do you support by the way?

Mayfield more choke than a old Holden 👍👍Up the bay yeeeewwww

Quote Originally Posted by Source View Post
    Mayfield more choke than a old Holden ����Up the bay yeeeewwww
    1st grade aimed up and was a great watch. Still some pride in the Green yet.

Mayfield scraped into fourth in all three grades and had to stretch across playing all grades on one day. Choked in the past, but I wouldn’t say they did this year.
    Finals football doesn’t seem to favour them though! Especially the last 5 years anyway.
    Last edited by Lofty; 12-09-2022 at 10:05 PM.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Mayfield scraped into fourth in all three grades and had to stretch across playing all grades on one day. Choked in the past, but I wouldn’t say they did this year.
    Finals football doesn’t seem to favour them though! Especially the last 5 years anyway.
    Yeah everyones being a bit harsh on Mayfield. They probably only came 2nd to Dudley in the club Championship at the end of the day so once again have proven to be one of the strongest clubs in the ZPL.

I have to disagree with the choking comment though Lofty. If you miss a penalty to make it 4-4 with an extra man advantage for the rest of the match you have to be considered to have choked a little in such a circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Yeah everyones being a bit harsh on Mayfield. They probably only came 2nd to Dudley in the club Championship at the end of the day so once again have proven to be one of the strongest clubs in the ZPL.

I have to disagree with the choking comment though Lofty. If you miss a penalty to make it 4-4 with an extra man advantage for the rest of the match you have to be considered to have choked a little in such a circumstance.
    Agree to disagree then. Mayfield never led during the match. I think that if the Suns didn't hold on, the conversation would be very different. I don't think Mayfield ever got into a dominant position and choked as you say. They were behind by two goals in the match 3 times. Anyway, I'm sure everyone will have their own opinion.

And for the record, Mayfield were fourth in Club Championship.

Agree to disagree then. Mayfield never led during the match. I think that if the Suns didn't hold on, the conversation would be very different. I don't think Mayfield ever got into a dominant position and choked as you say. They were behind by two goals in the match 3 times. Anyway, I'm sure everyone will have their own opinion.

And for the record, Mayfield were fourth in Club Championship.
    What was the order of Club Championship

Would probably say Dudley won Club Championship? 1st in 3rds, 2nd in Res, 2nd in 1sts.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Dudley - 177
    Warners Bay - 166
    Suns - 162
    Mayfield - 158
    Cardiff - 153

Not playing the final round against Westlakes may have cost us a few points. Fairly tight top 5 though!

Dudley - 177
    Warners Bay - 166
    Suns - 162
    Mayfield - 158
    Cardiff - 153

Not playing the final round against Westlakes may have cost us a few points. Fairly tight top 5 though!
    You’d still be on 162 even if you had played had us Lofty

Quote Originally Posted by WWFC25 View Post
    nice one

Quote Originally Posted by WWFC25 View Post
    Hahaha maybe!!

Dudley - 177
    Warners Bay - 166
    Suns - 162
    Mayfield - 158
    Cardiff - 153

Would not have picked Wbay to come 2nd at the beginning of the season. What a year they have had. No surprise seeing Dudley, Suns & Mayfield there. These clubs have always been pretty consistent over recent years. Congrats to Dudley anyway.

Would not have picked Wbay to come 2nd at the beginning of the season. What a year they have had. No surprise seeing Dudley, Suns & Mayfield there. These clubs have always been pretty consistent over recent years. Congrats to Dudley anyway.
    Warners Bay with an excellent season they improved out of sight. 24 points between 1st and 5th shows how close and exciting this comp is

Just quickly - how is Club Championship points counted?

Gonna be a cracker day Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by AwayDay Views View Post
    Just quickly - how is Club Championship points counted?

Gonna be a cracker day Sunday!
    First grade
    W - 8pts
    D - 4

Ressies
    W - 4
    D - 2

Thirds
    W - 2
    D - 1

So what are everyone’s predictions for the big ones on the weekend?

3rds Dudley vs Cardiff
    Dudley the dominant team all season and many would expect them to continue to show it on Sunday however you would be a fool to write off this Cardiff team.

Ressies Warners Bay vs Cardiff
    Arguably the match of the day. Warners Bay the best team across the season up against Cardiff who have probably been the form team of the comp over the last month or two.

Firsts Newcastle Suns vs Dudley
    What more needs to be said? Possibly the biggest rivalry in Newcastle football. The only guarantee from this one is that there will be a red card (probably more)

So what are everyone’s predictions for the big ones on the weekend?

3rds Dudley vs Cardiff
    Dudley the dominant team all season and many would expect them to continue to show it on Sunday however you would be a fool to write off this Cardiff team.

Ressies Warners Bay vs Cardiff
    Arguably the match of the day. Warners Bay the best team across the season up against Cardiff who have probably been the form team of the comp over the last month or two.

Firsts Newcastle Suns vs Dudley
    What more needs to be said? Possibly the biggest rivalry in Newcastle football. The only guarantee from this one is that there will be a red card (probably more)
    Cardiff on Pens in 3rds & Ressies, 2-2 in both grades

Dudley to win in extra time 3-1, 1-1 at the end of 90
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Banned
    3rds Dudley 4-2 Cardiff

Res Warners Bay 3-0 Cardiff

Firsts Newcastle Suns 3-2 Dudley
    Last edited by terry; 16-09-2022 at 02:57 PM.