Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by FairPlay2022 View Post
    You don’t get it mate. You still have to follow the rules like everyone else. Every club this season have had availability issues. You are nothing special in that department. If you couldn’t legally field a team then as unfortunate as it is you should have forfeited 3rd grade as teams like Westlakes have had to do several times this season. Instead you have played two ineligible players that have given you an unfair advantage over all the other teams around you who have been playing by the rules. I think people are quite right to be upset with your actions to be honest.
    We clarified the rules after the same thing happened to us earlier in the year
    But no one jumps up and down when other people do it

Silly how?
    Don’t you think Cardiff know the situation?
    Ground was terrible. Puddles and very soft in the best areas.
    It was also called off today.
    Asked to delay kick off times. No.
    Asked to change grounds yesterday and today. No.
    Asked to swap round with Kotara but theyÂ’re ground is worse than ours we were told. No.
    Nnsw Speers Pt as usual have no connection to the local football scene whatsoever. Numbties!
    We are now fully booked weekends and midweek to seasons end plus one round.
    Even called off Old Boys day two weeks ago.
    Best day of the year for the club socially and financially.
    Any more options?

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    We clarified the rules after the same thing happened to us earlier in the year
    But no one jumps up and down when other people do it
    So the rule about a first grader not being allowed to start a lower grade is false?

In my opinion suns should be docked points.... Looking time coming tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    Silly how?
    Don’t you think Cardiff know the situation?
    Ground was terrible. Puddles and very soft in the best areas.
    It was also called off today.
    Asked to delay kick off times. No.
    Asked to change grounds yesterday and today. No.
    Asked to swap round with Kotara but theyÂ’re ground is worse than ours we were told. No.
    Nnsw Speers Pt as usual have no connection to the local football scene whatsoever. Numbties!
    We are now fully booked weekends and midweek to seasons end plus one round.
    Even called off Old Boys day two weeks ago.
    Best day of the year for the club socially and financially.
    Any more options?
    Agree that was a silly comment. Every club moving heaven and earth to play. Why would you want a week of playing tue, thurs and Sat if you could avoid it.

In my opinion suns should be docked points.

In my opinion suns should be docked points..... Long time coming tbh!

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    In my opinion suns should be docked points..... Long time coming tbh!
    If it is proven they have played an ineligible player which judging by the responses of some Suns posters seems quite likely than yes surely they will have to be docked points. Can imagine there will be 4-5 other clubs issuing a ‘please explain’ if no action is taken by the competition administrators and rightfully so.

If it is proven they have played an ineligible player which judging by the responses of some Suns posters seems quite likely than yes surely they will have to be docked points. Can imagine there will be 4-5 other clubs issuing a ‘please explain’ if no action is taken by the competition administrators and rightfully so.
    If they have broken the rules then yes dock them point and if it’s not braking the rule well they can’t lose points but we all can see they aren’t playing in the spirit of the rule

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    If they have broken the rules then yes dock them point and if it’s not braking the rule well they can’t lose points but we all can see they aren’t playing in the spirit of the rule
    They have clearly broken the rules and it’s amusing how the first grader apparently scored the winner. They have just ruined any chances of making the finals..

gotta love whenever people from a certain club come on here to complain about how special they are for having not trained or having multiple players out. Newsflash: nearly everyone is in the same boat across most zone league competitions at the moment.

Even funnier when the narrative shifts from having no players available to being able to drop one of the best goal scorers in the comp down to play a reserve grade match.

“It’s ok when we do it” right?

So by my understanding of the rules Suns could have started the game with 9 players on the field (or just gotten two 3rds lads to back up). And once the match kicked off put the ball out of play and then bring the two first graders into the game as substitutes. (Actually they did do this with one of the leading goal scorers in ZPL first grade being brought on after 10 minutes). If they repeated this shady but legal tactic with the other two first graders than they wouldn’t have broken any rules. Sounds to me like they just got arrogant and thought they could get away with it.

I’ve noticed the regular Suns posters have gone eerily quiet as well. Looks like Lofty even deleted one of his posts!

Quote Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    gotta love whenever people from a certain club come on here to complain about how special they are for having not trained or having multiple players out. Newsflash: nearly everyone is in the same boat across most zone league competitions at the moment.

Even funnier when the narrative shifts from having no players available to being able to drop one of the best goal scorers in the comp down to play a reserve grade match.

“It’s ok when we do it” right?
    Completely skipped over the part where I said it happened to us this year
    He’s not even in the top 3 goalscorers at the club let alone the competition
    When we played warners bay at home they played their top goal scorer in ressies and first grade over different days

Maybe they shouldn’t have called their ressies and thirds off because they had players at splendour.

Call ZPL off on the Sunday but play WNPL on Saturday night with less time for drainage to work

So by my understanding of the rules Suns could have started the game with 9 players on the field (or just gotten two 3rds lads to back up). And once the match kicked off put the ball out of play and then bring the two first graders into the game as substitutes. (Actually they did do this with one of the leading goal scorers in ZPL first grade being brought on after 10 minutes). If they repeated this shady but legal tactic with the other two first graders than they wouldn’t have broken any rules. Sounds to me like they just got arrogant and thought they could get away with it.

I’ve noticed the regular Suns posters have gone eerily quiet as well. Looks like Lofty even deleted one of his posts!
    He’s away on holidays but I’m sure he’ll come back to you when he can

Yeah seen this tactic enough in my time. Especially when it comes to finals, seen a few clubs in ZPL do awfully early substitutions in lower grades when their first grade haven't gone the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    Completely skipped over the part where I said it happened to us this year
    He’s not even in the top 3 goalscorers at the club let alone the competition
    When we played warners bay at home they played their top goal scorer in ressies and first grade over different days

Maybe they shouldn’t have called their ressies and thirds off because they had players at splendour.

Call ZPL off on the Sunday but play WNPL on Saturday night with less time for drainage to work
    Just want to clarify with facts yes a 1st grade player did play the Tuesday night catch up game as he was unavailable the following night there for a ressies player filled that void and didn’t play Tuesday the 1st grade player then has NOT been involved in either 1st grade fixture nor yesterday’s game (even though he technically was allowed)
    With the ressies player your talking about played ressies yes then backed up the following night as arguably our best player came down with Covid on game day so played 2 games in 2 nights which probably was an advantage to you guys (with what score ended up I’d say it was)
    With the grounds being called off I’m not even going to engage in arguing if they were good enough or not we made a judgment call that if lower grades played 1st grade might not have gotten on
    Your comment about splendor doesn’t make sense as it was 4 1st graders that were away for it so would have suited us better to call 1st off but we didn’t so 4 ressies stepped up and played and in turn were ineligible to play yesterday
    (That’s what we thought the rules were)
    Last edited by BlackPanther; 15-08-2022 at 10:55 AM.

From what I witnessed suns are in a world of hurt and won’t make finals.they were outplayed and if it wasn’t for poor finishing from w/bay would of been dusted early and no amount of top grades would of helped them.
    A good old saying that a cheetah never changes its spots???

Any midweek games this week. Surely Azzurri and Cardiff do

Azzurri Res & 1sts playing The Bay tonight
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Azzurri Res & 1sts playing The Bay tonight
    Big game. Mayfield and Dudley play in 1sts