Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Zero ZPL grounds are suitable.

The Athletics track is exactly that.
    What's wrong with the Athtrack? Got a fresh surface and all necessary facilities for NPL.

Needs to be hosted as it has been in previous years at likely an NPL facility or I guess a left field option would be a joint venture ZPL thing at No. Sportsground in town.
    Rugby finals aren't until 17/9 so zero chance of getting on no.2

Quote Originally Posted by WWFC25 View Post
    Westlakes too far 🤔

It’s 25 minutes from Newcastle! I don’t get why people act like we are all the way down in Sydney 😂

We will have a proper electronic scoreboard on the hill come finals if that sways anyone 😇

I’d prefer to see it at a ZPL ground and they get the money but agree it’ll be at one of the NPL grounds like always.
    Certainly not having a dig at Westlakes, because I think the facility and club is great. But you are absolutely having a laugh. 25 minutes from where exactly? It's 45 minutes from Wickham which is the centre of town. People are not going to make the treck out there on a Sunday to watch the grand final there. If they drive, they can't drink (bad for Westlakes). Getting taxis and ubers from all around Newy is just nonsense. So yeah, like I said, it's too far.
    It's football, not s***er!!

[QUOTE=2ndclasscitizen;259421]What's wrong with the Athtrack? Got a fresh surface and all necessary facilities for NPL.

I just can't stand the idea of everyone being at the game all on one side of the pitch with a running track, long jump pits all between the supporters and the players. The positives for Ath Field is the surface and location. That's about it.

A fenced off rectangluar ground that you can sit around on all sides is needed. The ZPL grand final day is a stand alone event, always pulls a great crowd. I strongly stand by that fact that ZERO ZPL grounds is up to the requirements to host such a day.

The previous days at Magic Park and Adamstown is what you need. There's no two ways about it. Great facilities, central location.

[QUOTE=Lofty;259424]
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    A fenced off rectangluar ground that you can sit around on all sides is needed. The ZPL grand final day is a stand alone event, always pulls a great crowd. I strongly stand by that fact that ZERO ZPL grounds is up to the requirements to host such a day.

The previous days at Magic Park and Adamstown is what you need. There's no two ways about it. Great facilities, central location.
    Have you seen Magic Park recently? If you are in to abandoned portable buildings it ticks the boxes but I'd be a bit wary standing in front of those rust buckets. Take it to Rosebuds again. Great day there last time.

[QUOTE=Spell Check;259426]

Have you seen Magic Park recently? If you are in to abandoned portable buildings it ticks the boxes but I'd be a bit wary standing in front of those rust buckets. Take it to Rosebuds again. Great day there last time.
    No issues with Adamstown. Go for it mate, I look forward to your hospitality.

[QUOTE=Lofty;259427]
    Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post

No issues with Adamstown. Go for it mate, I look forward to your hospitality.
    Adamstown is perfect

[QUOTE=The Hacker;259428]

Adamstown is perfect
    Catering last time wasn't up to scratch. Ran out of food and a lot of drinks. Suitable facility for it though.

[QUOTE=Lofty;259429]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post

Catering last time wasn't up to scratch. Ran out of food and a lot of drinks. Suitable facility for it though.
    Easily fixed if theyve learnt to count
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    What's wrong with the Athtrack? Got a fresh surface and all necessary facilities for NPL.
    Yeah nah. Needs 4 sides of viewing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

It's all well and good to start the discussion in here. I guess we will just see who is actually prepared to do the work and put in an application. Running grand final day is bigger than what a lot imagine, which is probably why the last 3 grand finals have been hosted at Magic Park. I don't know if there have been more than one application any of those years?

I'm sure if there's a decision to be made between a ZPL ground or an NPL ground, there will only be one winner. As mentioned, I strongly do not feel any of our grounds in the comp are suited.

Why are Newcastle football so slow to enter wash out games? 2x games played on Wednesday and still not entered..

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    clubs enter the results online, not Newcastle Football

Cookers v Cardiff has been called off at the athletics track to much rain.
    Refs called NPL off today, so the committee called tomorrow off also.

Won’t be the only one by the looks of this rain. Hexham was lucky to get on last week.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Won’t be the only one by the looks of this rain. Hexham was lucky to get on last week.
    Be lucky if any games on

Cookers v Cardiff has been called off at the athletics track to much rain.
    Refs called NPL off today, so the committee called tomorrow off also.
    I called it.

Walked it around 11 after work this morning. Puddles all over it.
    Talking to Cam Burns after the Lake Macquarie saga a few weeks ago, the issue is with surface water and whether the ball will stop.
    Seems to be what a ref call is based on and going on the condition of the ground this morning, the refs called it. Not the club.
    However, if it happens in an A-League game and jnr Griff scores from the assist from Puddle, then it's all good.

Since our friends at BOM last night predicted 3-8mm for today, we've had 5.5mm to 24h rain fall (Fri up to 9am Sat).
    9am onwards stat is at the time of writing for N'cle is 18mm...and rising. 25mm @ Merewether.

I must say I was surprised when the message came through from our canteen person that refs had called it, hence my immediate need to inspect.
    I sent a photo to Boz. It's worse since then. I was at the ground Friday too for the record. All good.

I'm wondering if people still have this illusion that the ground is what it was when Smithy used to train there 3 x a week with Magic: rain, hail or shine.
    We've had 3 large topsoil events since those days on the pitch. The first was when I acquired the overburden from the stadium when 'the hump' was removed for Asian Cup game preps.
    The 2nd was when NCC needed to offload a few hundred cubes about a year later in an emergency.
    We've had the ground resurfaced and profiled with Santa Ana that was planted. That's probably another 150mm in places all over the field.
    I can tell you, after 13 years of consistently working on that field, it doesn't drain like it used to.

Who knows? Maybe the ref looked up BOM or some app and looked at the field and also considered what was coming.

I just had a photo sent from our founding President of Adamstown Oval - screenshot from BarTV? Looks trashed....
    Last edited by Retro Jet; 18-06-2022 at 04:28 PM. Reason: typo's
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Why are Newcastle football so slow to enter wash out games? 2x games played on Wednesday and still not entered..
    What games KTB?
    I put the Cookers Tue scores in that night. Same for Wed 1st grade - on the night.
    Like Boz said, it's the home club's responsibility to enter scores on Gameday
    Last edited by Retro Jet; 18-06-2022 at 04:35 PM.

Sorry, I'm not up to speed with posting full size images.
    Click to get a bigger version.

Athfield at 11am. Not the best shot. More water in the middle.
    I reckon we got more that what was recorded.
    Would be worse by now. Dodged a bullet!
    Athfield.jpg

The Adamstown photo I was talking about. Note: 35th minute.
    Not even 1/2 time.
    Adamstown.jpg

Westlakes vs Kotara South
    3rds 1-2
    Res 1-6
    1sts 1-2

Definitely dodged a bullet Retro. Played with a handful of Ace's.