Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Two tone View Post
    So is this a invitation for the inaugural ZPL washout weekend Boat races at the Commy??
    The winner can host next washout.
    Ha this could end in tears

With the forecasts showing the rain is now behind us and a few sunny days ahead, are we still looking boat races or potentially football? How are the grounds holding up now?
    It's football, not s***er!!

No football this weekend, all grades postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond019 View Post
    No football this weekend, all grades postponed.
    Is this an actual thing or taking a guess. Cause I imagine a few clubs might try and get on
    Last edited by The Hacker; 07-07-2022 at 04:38 PM.

No guess, it's an actual thing. Following is an email sent out that I received from Macquarie Football.

"HI All,

Due to the significant amount of rainfall recently, a decision has been made by the Joint Zone Competition Management, that ALL Interdistrict matches (Competition Age Groups, MiniRoos and Zone League) have been postponed this weekend. Information regarding the replaying of these games will be distributed in the near future when finalised."
    Last edited by Raymond019; 07-07-2022 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond019 View Post
    No guess, it's an actual thing. Following is an email sent out that I received from Macquarie Football.

"HI All,

Due to the significant amount of rainfall recently, a decision has been made by the Joint Zone Competition Management, that ALL Interdistrict matches (Competition Age Groups, MiniRoos and Zone League) have been postponed this weekend. Information regarding the replaying of these games will be distributed in the near future when finalised."
    Why would these $%^# do this when some teams can get on ?

I honestly have no complaints about them calling all games off. Sure, some teams might be able to get on, but some players and officials are stranded by floodwaters.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Why would these $%^# do this when some teams can get on ?
    because they can.

come sunday most grounds will be playable, called the weekend off, but happy for us to arrange washout fixture on Monday night if the grounds good to go?

work that one out....

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    I honestly have no complaints about them calling all games off. Sure, some teams might be able to get on, but some players and officials are stranded by floodwaters.
    yeh and some teams have been affected by covid all year, that would be another poor excuse not to play.....

I highly doubt any of the grounds that were due to host this weekend will be playable on sunday.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Disappointing that speers point complex was made unavailable Friday night until Sunday for use with the Women's State Cup on there.

With the wet weather making training and games not an option, hiring a court would have been the next best thing.

But the women's State Cup has the whole complex. Surely football 5's courts could have been made available on Friday night at a minimum, especially given the fine weather on Friday and Saturday.

Football should have made a bigger play for Pasterfield sports complex at Cameron Park. I don't think the AFL have missed a game there this year, even playing yesterday. Great facilities, good pitch and enough room for 2 grounds. Football's loss is AFL's gain.

I spoke with retro yesterday and cookers ground was very playable.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Disappointing that speers point complex was made unavailable Friday night until Sunday for use with the Women's State Cup on there.

With the wet weather making training and games not an option, hiring a court would have been the next best thing.

But the women's State Cup has the whole complex. Surely football 5's courts could have been made available on Friday night at a minimum, especially given the fine weather on Friday and Saturday.

Football should have made a bigger play for Pasterfield sports complex at Cameron Park. I don't think the AFL have missed a game there this year, even playing yesterday. Great facilities, good pitch and enough room for 2 grounds. Football's loss is AFL's gain.
    Women’s State Cup is booked well in advance and has teams travelling decent distances to participate in the weekend. Lots of organisation goes into it, it deserves priority.

NNSWF need to make Speers Point more readily available during the week though instead of prioritising teams training there. Couple of games a night on each field would sort a lot of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HAFC_ZL View Post
    Women’s State Cup is booked well in advance and has teams travelling decent distances to participate in the weekend. Lots of organisation goes into it, it deserves priority.

NNSWF need to make Speers Point more readily available during the week though instead of prioritising teams training there. Couple of games a night on each field would sort a lot of issues.
    I understand that and it does deserve priority, It's possibly nnsw footballs best attended weekend competition. But I also find it hard to believe that all football 5 fields are being used. Especially on Friday night

I understand that and it does deserve priority, It's possibly nnsw footballs best attended weekend competition. But I also find it hard to believe that all football 5 fields are being used. Especially on Friday night
    So you reckon play catch up games on 5 a side fields
    Classic

No chance of Football ever taking over there from AFL and Cricket.
    Comes down to useless Northern and Councils not spending the money to upgrade facilities on the sport with the highest participants but we continue to have the worst facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    So you reckon play catch up games on 5 a side fields
    Classic
    Obviously training Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by VelkiKurac View Post
    No chance of Football ever taking over there from AFL and Cricket.
    Comes down to useless Northern and Councils not spending the money to upgrade facilities on the sport with the highest participants but we continue to have the worst facilities.
    Your right, no chance now. Originally it was worth a crack

Is anyone generally concerned about these wet weather catch up games that need to be rescheduled. Some clubs have 3-4 to complete and I just can’t see it happening if it keeps raining consistently. What is everyone’s thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Is anyone generally concerned about these wet weather catch up games that need to be rescheduled. Some clubs have 3-4 to complete and I just can’t see it happening if it keeps raining consistently. What is everyone’s thoughts?
    just keep trying to organise, not much we can do about it.

conversation about the weekends blanket call off, is powers called it all off, even though there were a couple of grounds that were playable supposedly?? it gives the option of calling the weekend out, draws for everyone in ZL