Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post
    Early bird Top 4 predictions (NOT ORDERED)

Cooks Hill - I'm assuming a lot of players from 2HD will be playing this year. Giving them a lot more talent.
    Kotara - I'm assuming they might have had an overhaul of players. They're my big smokey.
    Suns - Might still be in the mix, can't see them sliding past 3rd though.
    Cardiff - Davo will get them in the top 4.

Dudley / Mayfield fighting for 5th.

Looking for a shake up year!
    Last to first. I’d say there 2HD are now NpL reggies

Minmi FC are looking for a trail game for 3 grades on 13th March. We can either host or travel, if interested shoot me a message.

I heard Suns pumped Westlakes in firsts and reserve grade. Hope Westlakes had players missing, early days but might be a long year for the new boys if that’s all they’ve got

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    I heard Suns pumped Westlakes in firsts and reserve grade. Hope Westlakes had players missing, early days but might be a long year for the new boys if that’s all they’ve got
    I can confirm they did pump us in both grades but can also confirm we had lots of blokes away. We then had everybody back for this weeks game against Stags and it gets washed out 🤬

We are looking forward to the challenge of the new league

Quote Originally Posted by ICEBERG25 View Post
    I can confirm they did pump us in both grades but can also confirm we had lots of blokes away. We then had everybody back for this weeks game against Stags and it gets washed out 🤬

Pretty silly move coming into zone prem. You guys will struggle in all grades particularly 2s and 3s. Not good for recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Pretty silly move coming into zone prem. You guys will struggle in all grades particularly 2s and 3s. Not good for recruitment
    Yeah it is if they get pumped but hats off for taking the leap. A few others said no I’m guessing

Quote Originally Posted by ICEBERG25 View Post

Good thing but doesn’t look like you guys have much depth. It’s a big jump from league 1 to premier. So good luck hopefully you guys can challenge teams. Already seen Barnsley, Morrie and R Terrace disappear

Great pitch and facilities out at Rathmines. We play Westalkes every year in a trial and they usually always put up a good test. Good bunch of guys and seems to be a well run club. I don't think it's fair to judge too early with trial games. Unfortuntely for us we have only been able to get on for 1 of our first 4 trials and I'm sure plenty of others in the same boat.

I will much prefer the extra drive to go there over the postage stamp. I hope they do well.
    It's football, not s***er!!

[QUOTE=Lofty;255987]Great pitch and facilities out at Rathmines. We play Westalkes every year in a trial and they usually always put up a good test. Good bunch of guys and seems to be a well run club. I don't think it's fair to judge too early with trial games. Unfortuntely for us we have only been able to get on for 1 of our first 4 trials and I'm sure plenty of others in the same boat.

I will much prefer the extra drive to go there over the postage stamp. I hope they do well.[/QUOTE

Drove past the ground two weeks ago and agree it looks pretty good. Better then playing at Bero or Hexham that’s for sure. Yep lack of trials is across the board. Not being able to play central coast teams doesn’t help either or lower league teams that ignore phone calls/text messages for trials is something I haven’t come across till this year. Hopefully we all can get some games in before season kicks off

As above.
    Good bunch of blokes who always give you a good game.
    Grounds good and so is the food.
    All the best lads.

Australia Cup

Swansea 4 vs 3 Kotara south Kittens

A new year and another season of football. The new look Swans have beaten the kittens. After going down 1-0 early the Swans then scored 4 unanswered goals in the first half penetrating their box more than Mia Khalifa has copped an eggplant.

The second half turned into a chop fest with the kittens clawing their way back with 2 more to make it 4-3.

The ZPL bad boy Will McMaster is unfortunately back in action for the Swans and even managed to avoid the Rona in the offseason. However, his same old antics have returned and he still can’t avoid a yellow card and a grade A carry on.

The ZPL Bad Boy scored 1 questionable goal by kicking the goalkeeper and claimed a second as his ponytail touched the ball and his terrifying presence caused an own goal. He was then subbed off after a yellow card for taking his shirt off after claiming that own goal.

The bad boy also had an assist with a missed shot disguised as a cross and was finished well by Joshua ‘Shoeyvasa’ Schumann

Honourable mention to Tooommmmyyy Ingram for his time wasting antics, who knew such a small man possessed such strength in a corner.

New Lambton NL1 hosted Kotara ZPL in firsts at Speers. 10+ - nil. Not sure on strength, or exact score as I was on the court next to it. NL looked very good, Kotara might be in for a long year (as might Swansea based on FFA Cup score).

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    New Lambton NL1 hosted Kotara ZPL in firsts at Speers. 10+ - nil. Not sure on strength, or exact score as I was on the court next to it. NL looked very good, Kotara might be in for a long year (as might Swansea based on FFA Cup score).
    Were you also playing in a trial on field 1? What teams were involved?

No that was after me some all age teams by the looks.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    Australia Cup
    Swansea 3 - 2 West Wallsend

The Swans have done it again on a cold and rainy day at Chapman oval with an emphatic victory over the Blueballs. There was a lot of wetness, excitement and build up but the Blueballs had limited ability to finish the job at hand.

The ZPL bad boy Will McMaster was also up to his usual antics of scoring goals and destroying souls.

The A grade flop scored a top bins goal off a free kick. Unfortunately the goal was filmed by his multiple fans and the ZPL bad boy has been watching it endlessly on repeat. His ego is already through the roof before the season has even begun.

This weeks honourable mention goes to St.Patrick Heffernan. The Swans goalkeeper was majestic and held onto the Blueballs for dear life cutting off all circulation with his strong hands and gangly presence with some ridiculous clutch saves throughout the match. St. Patrick’s back will be sore tomorrow.

Dishonourable mention to Lard-ass Laviesta not using his barge to its full potential getting knocked about by much smaller opponents. He could use some lessons from our resident strongman Tooommmmyyy.

New rules for 2022.
    ZL is squad football, therefore you dont borrow players from within ZL only from AA etc.
    5 interchange players in 3rds, WTF...

NEW RULES:

It has been a slow progression from the preseason ZFL meeting and now, to arrive at the changes noted below; non the less the Interchange and ‘Borrowed’ Player Rule (ONLY for inter ZFL movement of players) has been updated to mirror the discussion within the meeting.

ZFL Panel trusts that section ‘c’ will be managed by the Club / Team Management correctly…..the Match Official have no responsibility in ‘policing’ this matter.

a. Ruling change for Interchange ZFL Lowest Grade (L2/3 Res; Prem/L1 3rd)

1. Max number of Interchange Players is 5 – which may INCLUDE a Keeper.
    2. Multiple changes per match are acceptable; at the Match Official discretion / direction.
    3. NO interchanges are permitted in the final 10 mins (2nd half) of the match – Referee is the sole timekeeper.
    4. The number of Interchange players has increased from 4 to 5 to keep the continuity throughout each grade.
    Premier/ League One
    Ist - subs = 5
    Res - subs = 5.
    3rds - inter = 5
    League Two / Three
    1st - subs = 5
    Res - inter = 5

b. Substitution Rule in 1st & Res Grade
    Prem / League One
    Maximum 5 players to select ONLY 3 for substitution within the match.

Substitution Rule in 1st Grade
    League Two & Three

c. Ruling change for Players being Utilised / ‘Borrowed’ up a Grade – ( 3rd to Res) (Res to 1st)

1. Players listed in the Starting Eleven from the previous match (that round) 3rds and Res’s; will have the ‘Borrowed Player Rule E47’ applied when moving up grades.
    2. Four Borrowed Players are permitted from 3rd to Res, from Res to 1st; and must start on the bench (unless the team (Res / 1st ) is short of a starting Eleven.
    3. Borrowed Players must be identified on the Team Sheet as being borrowed from the grade below. (B)

The responsibility of the section ‘c’ above is of the Team Managers NOT the Match Official to regulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    New rules for 2022.
    ZL is squad football, therefore you dont borrow players from within ZL only from AA etc.
    5 interchange players in 3rds, WTF...

NEW RULES:

It has been a slow progression from the preseason ZFL meeting and now, to arrive at the changes noted below; non the less the Interchange and ‘Borrowed’ Player Rule (ONLY for inter ZFL movement of players) has been updated to mirror the discussion within the meeting.

ZFL Panel trusts that section ‘c’ will be managed by the Club / Team Management correctly…..the Match Official have no responsibility in ‘policing’ this matter.

a. Ruling change for Interchange ZFL Lowest Grade (L2/3 Res; Prem/L1 3rd)

1. Max number of Interchange Players is 5 – which may INCLUDE a Keeper.
    2. Multiple changes per match are acceptable; at the Match Official discretion / direction.
    3. NO interchanges are permitted in the final 10 mins (2nd half) of the match – Referee is the sole timekeeper.
    4. The number of Interchange players has increased from 4 to 5 to keep the continuity throughout each grade.
    Premier/ League One
    Ist - subs = 5
    Res - subs = 5.
    3rds - inter = 5
    League Two / Three
    1st - subs = 5
    Res - inter = 5

b. Substitution Rule in 1st & Res Grade
    Prem / League One

Substitution Rule in 1st Grade
    League Two & Three

c. Ruling change for Players being Utilised / ‘Borrowed’ up a Grade – ( 3rd to Res) (Res to 1st)

1. Players listed in the Starting Eleven from the previous match (that round) 3rds and Res’s; will have the ‘Borrowed Player Rule E47’ applied when moving up grades.
    2. Four Borrowed Players are permitted from 3rd to Res, from Res to 1st; and must start on the bench (unless the team (Res / 1st ) is short of a starting Eleven.
    3. Borrowed Players must be identified on the Team Sheet as being borrowed from the grade below. (B)

The responsibility of the section ‘c’ above is of the Team Managers NOT the Match Official to regulate.
    No interchange permitted in the final 10 minutes is very controversial as someone could get injured in that final period

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Lesnar View Post
    No interchange permitted in the final 10 minutes is very controversial as someone could get injured in that final period
    Why not just 5 max interchange like 1st and reserves. In ZPL surely most 3rd grade sides don’t make mass changes all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Lesnar View Post
    It's obviously to prevent time wasting substituations and will probably be at the discretion of the referees.
    They should just allow the interchange of players to happen without there being a stoppage in play, as long as the linesman is notified.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    It's obviously to prevent time wasting substituations and will probably be at the discretion of the referees.
    They should just allow the interchange of players to happen without there being a stoppage in play, as long as the linesman is notified.
    I don’t mind that idea