Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/char...t=Refresh+View

This latest shiz is with us until between 10pm-1am.
    I'm doing a ground inspection of Athfield late this arvo, hoping that maybe ZPL 1st can get on tomorrow night.
    How are clubs looking for tomorrow? This sun today is promising. I think clubs need to forget about the damage factor and just get on and play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    How are clubs looking for tomorrow? This sun today is promising. I think clubs need to forget about the damage factor and just get on and play.
    Firstly, I honestly don't think there's a single club who doesn't want to play.
    Secondly, you can't jujst play on a ground that's ****ed already, just because.

With all due respect, maybe you need to just go and have a walk on some of the grounds and see how water logged they are.

I promise you that all players are itching to get out and play. The only thing standing in the way of that at the moment is mother nature. One or two days of sunshine doesn't fix the hundred's off mm rain we have had. Just as grounds start to dry out, we get further downpours.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Will Myer Park get on tomorrow Lofty?
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Will Myer Park get on tomorrow Lofty?
    Suns v Azzurri off. We did an inspection today from both clubs. Unplayable sadly.

Westlakes vs Dudley is off

Mayfield V Kotara is Off

Alder and Novo have water under foot across most of the grounds. Swamps around the outside. Water is going nowhere. Wouldnt like chances of playing there.

I think they need to just find grounds that are OK and play mass games there.

Did I read it right, Evans Park on tomorrow? Surely not, maybe it's the 1st of April

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    I think they need to just find grounds that are OK and play mass games there.

Did I read it right, Evans Park on tomorrow? Surely not, maybe it's the 1st of April
    no it will be off, inspected late this afternoon, to wet still.
    We were going to hope for a miracle, but might as well believe in flying pigs.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    no it will be off, inspected late this afternoon, to wet still.
    We were going to hope for a miracle, but might as well believe in flying pigs.....
    How many games goes that leave you guys. Would almost be one mid week for rest of season nearly

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    How many games goes that leave you guys. Would almost be one mid week for rest of season nearly
    just about

Did any games get on over the weekend?

Another wet week coming up.... Games at Swansea, Azzurri, Mayfield, Warners Bay and Dudley. Anyone a chance to get on if we have anymore rain?

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Did any games get on over the weekend?

Another wet week coming up.... Games at Swansea, Azzurri, Mayfield, Warners Bay and Dudley. Anyone a chance to get on if we have anymore rain?
    All ages and women’s games got on at Dudley both days when I drove past so I’d say Dudley are better chance then not

Good move by Cardiff and cookers moving games from Wednesday and playing them tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Two tone View Post
    Good move by Cardiff and cookers moving games from Wednesday and playing them tonight.
    Yeh wasn't a bad move, two games in so far, not sure why all clubs are not looking at this type of option, especially after a washout weekend.

Cookers v Cardiff
    Res: 3-3
    1st 0-3

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Yeh wasn't a bad move, two games in so far, not sure why all clubs are not looking at this type of option, especially after a washout weekend.

Cookers v Cardiff
    Res: 3-3
    1st 0-3
    3rds 0-4

Cardiff vs. Azzurri @ Evans Park

1sts 4-3
    Res 3-2
    Thirds 2-0

Thanks to Cardiff for getting the games played at your turf so we didn’t have yet another catch up match, much appreciated.

Firsts and Reserves very entertaining matches where Cardiff were just that bit hungrier in big moments and edging it. Congrats on the results.

Quote Originally Posted by HAFC_ZL View Post
    Cardiff vs. Azzurri @ Evans Park

1sts 4-3
    Res 3-2
    Thirds 2-0

Thanks to Cardiff for getting the games played at your turf so we didn’t have yet another catch up match, much appreciated.

Firsts and Reserves very entertaining matches where Cardiff were just that bit hungrier in big moments and edging it. Congrats on the results.
    All good, just glad we could play...cheers

The ground looked like it held up well from the sidelines. All 3 matches were good to watch.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Warners Bay v Suns lower grades off